Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

On 21/09/2023 at 21:12, BenTheFox said:

If (and it's a big if) we get promoted, then I am concerned as to how successful this style of football will be in the Premier league. As much as I am enjoying watching us at the minute, we are giving away a lot of chances. Conceding chances like that, even against bottom half Premier league sides, will result in us conceding a lot of goals.  I think his style can work in the Premier league because we can all see how well Brighton are doing implementing a similar style. However, he will need to be backed heavily if we are to be successful at a higher level. I suspect that if it happens, the first thing he will look to do is bring in quality defenders. 

I don't want to sound negative because I love what he is doing here, and there's a chance that he might be a bit more pragmatic in his approach at a higher level. In fairness, when we have played on the counter at times in the past couple of games, we have looked very effective. 

I do believe the permanent buys,are marked for PL gametime,and will be good assets & additions to the league.

The Academy players will IMO step up

My worry,we have a few loanees in key positions..

It's early days yet and I don't want to seem to take things for granted..

The hope of many a promoted fan,that

"Most" of our squad players have quality & discipline to carry us into a Strong PL standing even if we can't at first compete & challenge for those high coveted placings.

BUT there is a lot of time between now & next season..There are many players,where all still have to learn & earn,the stamp "PL-Qualifications"

With such a fixed stable system depending high procent of close team-creation..

How & where do you start to go a hunting,for those higher quality players,that takes the squad to the presumed next level.

Or can we achieve in holding onto some of our yet unknown gems,where then only a few additions will suffice.

While keeping a disciplined & wise eye on our wage infrastructure..

Again But..

BUT Enzo & management team  have nearly a 40 league game & xx cup games still in front of them/us..

A raging torrent of 🌊💦🌊 still to flow under the bridge..

Plus Top and KP are not any longer young buck club owners,they have gathered now a wealth & - time of experience..No more coattails to hang onto.This has to begin slowly  the Top & KP peak era..

On 21/09/2023 at 21:12, BenTheFox said:

If (and it's a big if) we get promoted, then I am concerned as to how successful this style of football will be in the Premier league. As much as I am enjoying watching us at the minute, we are giving away a lot of chances. Conceding chances like that, even against bottom half Premier league sides, will result in us conceding a lot of goals.  I think his style can work in the Premier league because we can all see how well Brighton are doing implementing a similar style. However, he will need to be backed heavily if we are to be successful at a higher level. I suspect that if it happens, the first thing he will look to do is bring in quality defenders. 

I don't want to sound negative because I love what he is doing here, and there's a chance that he might be a bit more pragmatic in his approach at a higher level. In fairness, when we have played on the counter at times in the past couple of games, we have looked very effective. 

I agree. 

Vestergaard and Faes are not a CB pairing I ever wanna see in the Premier League. His style can be successful in the PL but definitely not with some of the players we gave now. But I guess we'll deal with that problem when or if we get there.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I agree. 

Vestergaard and Faes are not a CB pairing I ever wanna see in the Premier League. His style can be successful in the PL but definitely not with some of the players we gave now. But I guess we'll deal with that problem when or if we get there.

I've thought about it a little more and actually I'm wondering if Enzo has made a calculation that we can play this way in the championship because the reward is worth the risk. because we are less likely to be punished at this level playing this way. IF we get promoted he may be a little bit more pragmatic because we are more likely to be punished in the premier league. In the games against Norwich and Blackburn we were still taking risks in terms of playing out from the back but our backline was nowhere near as high up the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I agree. 

Well that's fine as Vestegaard is out of contract in 9 months.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I agree. 

Don't order any, I am sure there are  plates full of humble pie,prepared for such statements...

Vesty & Faes trimmings will be offered amusingly extra ,after a few more of those taste buds feel they have free range..Leicester's 4 Amigos who's fit surprises all snobbish wannabe  pundits  &  Fans..

Vesty,Faes.Coady,Souttar..

The Leicester city Meccano,Lego,Playmobile,bugle-pearl from Tonka-Enzo

CB-solutions.

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I agree. 

...perhaps one of Vestergaard's best game for us was against Manchester City!!!

Sitting deep and defending seems to work for him as well as for his country. Wout Faes has a unexpected tendency to rush out to when a ball that is not there to be won, instilling some form of  discipline to his game, would make him a much better player.  The problem is, we are all sitting there waiting for a crazy decision to manifest, and as such he is not going to be viewed as reliable. 

9 hours ago, bovril said:

Just nice to hear a coach talking about the game instead of meaningless platitudes. Not sure I could have dealt with Scott Parker telling us "it is what it is" after every match.

Agreed.

He says it as it is without hiding anything.

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

The club's hierarchy have rightly taken a lot of criticism in the last 18 months, but credit where credit is due, Enzo has been an inspired appointment.

What a job he is doing. Nigh-on perfect.

Yep. It’s even more crazy when you think that it’s Enzo’s first management role and not a single person suspected him until it was announced.

• Like 1

He just gets it, football should be fun, players should be loved and not thrown under the bus, now I’m sure a lot of managers could get us promoted with the squad we have but the processes he’s putting in place are what the club needs. We need to back him to high heaven should we go back up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Basically a genius.

Not an overstatement. 

Take in what the club was like when he took over, the mood in the dressing room, the football we were playing, the players we've lost. This achievement alone is incredible, but add in the way the mood has changed, the transfer business done, the complete change in tactical style...well, not really another word for it is there. Genius. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 3

Yes. This is the Championship, and we got a sharp lesson at Anfield. But it is still really early days. TBH I expected that with the state of the club we would be in another relegation battle. Instead I have the feeling that we are in the hands of someone who knows very precisely what he is doing.

• Like 1