Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

His pre match interview was funny, when asked about the changes and if they’d work he said “I don’t know”. Weirdly I think he’s good at taking the pressure off of players. The strategy is so clear that they can even have doubts and the tactics will still be good enough. Under Brendan, basically every player declined. Under Enzo, we have already seen improvements in almost every player who has played. After the slump the club was in, to do what he’s done in such a short time is incredible. And we’ve only just begun. 

Lennon had a whinge about that on Sky, saying he didn't sound convincing and he didn't agree with so many changes. 

Couldn't disagree more, he's just not prone to the verbal diarrhoea of certain managers.  

Fortunately Enzo was proven right and Lennon had to eat his words.  

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The more time goes by the less I believe this to be honest. We've registered him in the squad, we've obviously budgeted for that 5m if its even true and a couple of credible sources have said its rubbish and the rumour actually came out of nowhere. 

As much as I obviously like Daka and didn't want to believe it, I think it's more likely that it's true he asked not to play so he could get a move. I don't think this came in the form of downing tools and straight refusing as Maresca has said he was happy and training the whole time and there's plenty of photo evidence to support that.

But I do think he and his agent between them reckoned that the Championship was beneath them and they'd be able to get a move, which hasn't happened. 

Maresca has said he's a part of the squad, he's a good all round player and that he's a decent character so I don't think there's any reason to doubt he'll get his chance. But he's obviously going to have to wait patiently for it because Vardy and Iheanacho have shown loyalty and scored goals so they're going to be ahead of him in the pecking order. 

I suspect Daka is still just a little on the naughty step to an extent and will get a bit of a chance to prove himself in the coming weeks. 

Not only will he have to wait patiently for it but when he gets it, he NEEDS to take it. Particuarly if there HAS been any desire to leave or anything like that. He's not going to get a few games on the trot to get up to speed to show what he can do. He'll get A game here and there and if he wants any sort of future here, he needs to make that count by not only playing well but getting on the score sheet. 

Whether it's fair or not, I think, that's were he is right now. 

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Not only will he have to wait patiently for it but when he gets it, he NEEDS to take it. Particuarly if there HAS been any desire to leave or anything like that. He's not going to get a few games on the trot to get up to speed to show what he can do. He'll get A game here and there and if he wants any sort of future here, he needs to make that count by not only playing well but getting on the score sheet. 

Whether it's fair or not, I think, that's were he is right now. 

Probably true to a point but I'm confident Enzo is intelligent enough to judge his all round game more than simply if he scores. 

If he puts a shift in, his link up play is what Maresca wants and his pressing is effective that'll probably be enough to get him more chances. 

• Like 1

What is fascinating is, if this style, a Man City type style is possible in the Championship (as arguably proven by Burnley last year and by us this) how far down the pyramid can you go and reasonably expect success?

18 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Interesting that he said Daka hasn’t played ‘yet’. I can see him getting a run out against liverpool as that’s essentially a free hit and good to get mins into squad legs. 

And did he not play daka against liverpool in pre-season?

18 hours ago, SecretPro said:

From what I gather he's one appearance away from us paying another £5m installment. Explains why he didn't play whilst the window was open as it would have made zero financial sense. Being as we are now 'stuck' with him until at least January I guess Enzo will make the call as to whether its worth the extra £5m to play him. If he likes what he sees in training and feels like he will add something then I've got no issue with that.

Not to mention that nacho and vardy seem to be really struggling to play with their back to goal - if daka can do it, he could shoot up the pecking order?

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The more time goes by the less I believe this to be honest. We've registered him in the squad, we've obviously budgeted for that 5m if its even true and a couple of credible sources have said its rubbish and the rumour actually came out of nowhere. 

As much as I obviously like Daka and didn't want to believe it, I think it's more likely that it's true he asked not to play so he could get a move. I don't think this came in the form of downing tools and straight refusing as Maresca has said he was happy and training the whole time and there's plenty of photo evidence to support that.

But I do think he and his agent between them reckoned that the Championship was beneath them and they'd be able to get a move, which hasn't happened. 

Maresca has said he's a part of the squad, he's a good all round player and that he's a decent character so I don't think there's any reason to doubt he'll get his chance. But he's obviously going to have to wait patiently for it because Vardy and Iheanacho have shown loyalty and scored goals so they're going to be ahead of him in the pecking order. 

I suspect Daka is still just a little on the naughty step to an extent and will get a bit of a chance to prove himself in the coming weeks. 

And if he plays and does ok it'll probably improve his value if we do come to sell him - as opposed to his value if he just sits on the bench. 

Practically speaking, we've seen that we'll have opportunities to counter attack and so far, praet, mavididi and ndid have hardly excelled when in these situations, daka, we know, can score for fun when one v one.

He's performed a miracle, not only getting Vestegaurd to play like a Brazilian, but also playing that well the fans sing his name!

So if playing Daka costs us another 5 mill but he can transform him, then money we'll spent as it would cost at least 30 mill to get another striker in.

On the flip side concerning Enzo, he wouldn't even wave to the fans yesterday that were chanting for it during the match, spoil sport 🤣🤣

10 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Lennon had a whinge about that on Sky, saying he didn't sound convincing and he didn't agree with so many changes. 

Couldn't disagree more, he's just not prone to the verbal diarrhoea of certain managers.  

Fortunately Enzo was proven right and Lennon had to eat his words.  

yes and he answers questions in a much more straight forward way with no BS (partly down to the language issue I think), and doesn’t seem to have an agenda like BR.

The changes did surprise me given the standard of opposition. But then again he clearly trusts in players and that must be a nice culture to instil (compare that to Brendan…). Also given our fitness levels and how important that is in our game why would we risk burning players out playing Sat/Sun and Tues/Weds? We don’t need to.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Insanely good appointment. Whisper it but Does Rudkin deserve a modicum of credit for getting it so right? He would definitely be getting a fair bit of blame if we hired Russell Martin and sat in 13th like Southampton. 

I think so, it was clear maresca was our man very early on but he didn't want to leave man city until the end of the season which is why we only wanted an interim manager.

We actually did have some sort of succession plan.

Don't want to make this into a Rodgers comparison thread. 

But Enzo is speaking a second language and still is clearer, more concise and more direct than a guy who has been speaking English his whole life.

That's was the first thing that jumped out to me when I heard his early interviews.

His clarity and his communication give us direction and focus. Everybody knows exactly what they are doing. Everyone from the players, coaches, the PTs to the Scouts will be in know doubt what exactly is required of them. It feels like this is helping to pull greater results from them all.

• Like 2

Maresca with a Premier League budget once we're promoted will be a frightening prospect. His signings look great, he has developed players in an incredibly short period of time and the football he has us playing is exceptional.

Once we go up, you get the sense that Maresca will not be the kind of manager to accept a relegation battle even in our first season back.

• Like 3