Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

3 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Because that’s the Enzo way

Surely any manager worth his salt adapts, pivots, gets the best out of what he has available. Surely that is more impressive that playing to an ideology.

• Like 2

Just now, Matt said:

Surely any manager worth his salt adapts, pivots, gets the best out of what he has available. Surely that is more impressive that playing to an ideology.

Isn’t what matters where you end up, rather than either of those choices?

I’d be gutted to an extent. But also, the reality is we have no money. And I think his style of play will win the league one day - but only if he’s got mega cash for the best players. 
He knows that. We must know that. 

Plus, if he does go, there are currently some experienced decent  managers who could easily step in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Replacing a proven Premier League manager with a novice is quite the gamble, but if Chelsea offer Maresca the job, of course he’ll take it. He’d be mad not to.

If they don’t, though, we’d better not offer him a ridiculous, potentially ruinous contract just because they came sniffing. And if he isn’t happy with his lot after the interest from elsewhere, the last thing we need is a Rodgers-type situation where a miffed manager is no longer psychologically invested in or fully committed to the team or the club.

It seems almost silly in this day and age to offer any contract extension at all on managers. Especially anything over 2-3 years with how fast they come and go (and receive mouthwatering payouts)

3 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Supposedly? LOL where did you hear that? 

IMO if he leaves its because of the lack of love we showed him and his team during spells this season,, especially when we had a blip late in the season. 3/4s of those who voted in here wanted him out and many cant wait for him to fail as they know his system "wont work". How they know I dont know, maybe they had a season on Football Manager or something.

The very fact that he is being linked to clubs like Sevilla and Chelsea shows how much potential people see in him. Its just a shame that many of our fans cant see what he has done for us in extremely challenging circumstances. 

As reported today in The Guardian LOL. see attachment 

The vast majority of fans think Enzo’s done an excellent job though I’d argue that compared to most of The Championship our circumstances have been favourable rather than ‘extremely challenging.’ Leicester were favourites to get promoted and alongside Leeds we had the best squad in the league even after the departures. He’s got excellent potential but ffs he’s managed for 1 season and a quarter, the majority of that in the 2nd tier. He’s not ready for a club as ruthless as Chelsea and the outcome is inevitable if it happens. He’ll have a short tenure and it’ll end acrimoniously as it has with pretty much every manager that’s moved to them in recent years, especially under this new ownership. 

IMG_9005.jpeg

So McKenna goes Man Utd or Brighton, and Enzo goes Chelsea

So next season we could see either Farke or Martin rock up at the KP in an open top Popemobile giving it the biggun

Great.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

So McKenna goes Man Utd or Brighton, and Enzo goes Chelsea

Basically I think this will all move next week when ETH is sacked, McKenna will IMO go to United and Chelsea will then go for Enzo.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Sorry Fernandez 

Well Fernandez and Caicedo have been poor together. Chelsea’s improvement coincided with the season ending injury to Fernandez. Poch moved Gallagher back to play alongside Caicedo and allowed Palmer to work his magic more centrally 

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd rather Enzo stay than go if a) he manages to persuade Top to move Rudkin aside and b) the financial situation resolves itself to a point that he is able to bring in the required players albeit sensibly.

What I do not want to see happen is us bow down to John Morris and offer Enzo an obscene new contract (he's just had a pay rise on promotion) that puts us in further financial jeopardy. The mistakes this club have made precede Maresca and aren't going away any time soon. If there's an agreement to carry on it should be with that in mind and trying to right the wrongs. There's a time and a place for Enzo getting a new contract if and when more is achieved.

Let's have it right, his team fell apart and we very nearly blew a one horse race. He's bonded extremely well with this squad and got them aligned with his philosophies very quickly which wasn't guaranteed despite ability wise us having the best squad in the division.

If he chooses to go or we cannot give him the players he requires for his unwavering style of play then as I've said for a long time, no hard feelings. I'd not lose any sleep over him going. Plenty to like about him, plenty to be irritated and concerned that he's not the right fit for the situation we're in but he may well adapt better.

Re. adapting better, Justin in the Athletic talks about how he is looking to involve the full backs differently: 

“In the 10 months since we started, I’ve learned a lot about what we can do, and the manager has more ideas about how we can play that involve full-backs as well. Hopefully, in the next pre-season, we can see some of those, but if not then I’m happy.”

Leicester fans may wonder how Maresca’s approach will play out in the Premier League, but Justin believes there is much more to come from the coach and his squad.

“I think they (Maresca and his coaching staff) are amazing,” he says. “They know so much about the game. I was in my mid-twenties and I thought I knew about football before he came.

“It turns out I knew the tip of the iceberg and he’s got a lot of ideas and a lot of things that he wants to play with. His staff echo him and they all flow in one way together. They also have different ideas themselves.

“We practise a lot of things and there are a lot of things that people haven’t seen yet as well. It will be exciting to see next season.”

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Basically I think this will all move next week when ETH is sacked, McKenna will IMO go to United and Chelsea will then go for Enzo.

Yes then we go for…….about 20 quid down the market

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

How do the Enzo out brigade square the fact that a club of Chelsea’s stature are serious about him?

Because they have a better squad, which could play Enzo’s style without conceding goals. 

22 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I’d be gutted to an extent. But also, the reality is we have no money. And I think his style of play will win the league one day - but only if he’s got mega cash for the best players. 
He knows that. We must know that. 

Plus, if he does go, there are currently some experienced decent  managers who could easily step in. 

We do have money. It’s the PSR that may prevent us from spending it! 

Another 11 pages either he comes out and says I'm not going or fvck off. I don't care just do it. He could end this anyminute. But he's going to milk it. Right man for us? Not if he milks this.

• Like 2