Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

We haven’t signed Vestergaard again yet. 

I thought I had heard that we signed him but it wasn't going to be announced until he was back from vacation in Denmark, no? 

I just assumed it was already done.

Thanks for getting us promoted Enzo, you are a good fit for Chelsea and i expect you'll get top 4.

Now, bring on big fat sam, out of retirement and most likely............his mind:banana:

Posted (edited)

Chelsea is a fookin mess. 

If I were maresca, I'd rather take the Sevilla job and wait for a better club.

If he wants to go, please go ASAP so we can get our house in order. 

Realistic managers like big Sam, moyes will likely be our options unless there's another bald man city assistant manager that wants to spread their wings lol

Side note, I prefer he stays.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The prospect of the huge Chelsea fire sake this summer might keep him here. Just as we’re in breach of the rules surrounding sustainability let’s not forget Chelsea have now run out of hotels to sell to themselves. They’re going to need to sell not just their reserve players but a number of first teamers too. 

That’s why they want a young coach. It’s not a footballing vision thing, it’s a no experienced coach will touch them thing. 

Edited by fleckneymike

If maresca wants the job and we stand in his way then we risk losing any compensation because he could simply resign.  Coaches are not like players. Their contracts are not protected in the same way via a registration document that the club owns. 

Based on his reported  ‘ release clause’ (which it isn’t in its truest sense), I’m guessing that we have paid him around 40/50k per week and that has increased significantly on promotion. If his deal automatically extends to 2027 then I’d say that wage is up to 60/70k and if it remains 2026 then it could be as high as 90k. 

chelsea will not willingly stump up the compensation because they simply don’t need to. It’s close season and a delay of a few weeks makes little difference. I’d expect them to try and negotiate that comp down 50%. If we resist too hard and refuse to meet at 75% then I could see enzo resigning and taking up the appointment in a couple weeks time.  We lose out. Of course his agent will not want to upset his relationship with the club but enzo will be driven by a desire not to miss out on what is a fantastic opportunity for him. A risk of course but one he can easily mitigate because it’s Chelsea.

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If maresca wants the job and we stand in his way then we risk losing any compensation because he could simply resign.  Coaches are not like players. Their contracts are not protected in the same way via a registration document that the club owns. 

Based on his reported  ‘ release clause’ (which it isn’t in its truest sense), I’m guessing that we have paid him around 40/50k per week and that has increased significantly on promotion. If his deal automatically extends to 2027 then I’d say that wage is up to 60/70k and if it remains 2026 then it could be as high as 90k. 

chelsea will not willingly stump up the compensation because they simply don’t need to. It’s close season and a delay of a few weeks makes little difference. I’d expect them to try and negotiate that comp down 50%. If we resist too hard and refuse to meet at 75% then I could see enzo resigning and taking up the appointment in a couple weeks time.  We lose out. Of course his agent will not want to upset his relationship with the club but enzo will be driven by a desire not to miss out on what is a fantastic opportunity for him. A risk of course but one he can easily mitigate because it’s Chelsea.

If he has a 3 year contract he can’t simply resign and take a new job for a competitor. He can resign and sit on his arse for 3 years but never going to happen. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

I guess some people have got what they wanted lol 

This is a disaster. The players were fully behind him.

It’s the reality of our predicament , untill the club is sold we are going to be at the mercy on and off the pitch of clubs in the top 6.

As long as we can bring in a manager of equal caliber if not someone experienced, then I think we will have enough to stay up.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

It’s the reality of our predicament , untill the club is sold we are going to be at the mercy on and off the pitch of clubs in the top 6.

As long as we can bring in a manager of equal caliber if not someone experienced, then I think we will have enough to stay up.

I get losing a manger to the big 6, it’s fully understandable.

We just really didn’t need it this summer of all summers. Another thing to unsettle us. 

• Like 4

Just now, Stevosevic said:

I get losing a manger to the big 6, it’s fully understandable.

We just really didn’t need it this summer of all summers. Another thing to unsettle us. 

I agree but it’s all the making of the board. Anyway we just have to solider on, and try and get a good replacement.

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That list is pretty shocking for a club of Chelsea's size 😂

Almost like it’s been completely made up, eh. 

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He's going.

Chelsea forum convinced it’s McKenna. All the noise and we have no idea how much contact there has been and what time table Chelsea are working to. 

I’ve been told Chelsea have spoken to his / his representatives. 

Lots of talk about us going for Carlos Corberan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Chelsea forum convinced it’s McKenna. All the noise and we have no idea how much contact there has been and what time table Chelsea are working to. 

McKenna is going to Manchester United.

• Like 1

Not too fussed either way if he stays or leaves.

He will always be remembered and appreciated for getting us promoted. We played some good football at times, but at times it really was a tough watch.

I often wonder how entertaining and successful we would have been with a more progressive manager - think we had the squad to play some great entertaining and successful football.

• Like 1