Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Everton did brilliantly due to Dyche. (See me numerous comments above, regarding the need for exactly this kind of manager, in this kind of circumstance)

Forest only survived due to the poor three teams below them. Last season was a complete free hit for the other 17 teams, we won’t be so lucky next season - In fact we’re very likely to be one of the ‘three’

I respectfully disagree with you. The bottom half of the premier league is possibly as bad as it’s ever been. There’s some disgusting teams down there. Ipswich are already down, especially if McKenna does leave, Forest are in trouble, neither Leeds or Southampton will be any good whoever comes up. Brentford will struggle, Bournemouth will struggle and Fulham will struggle in my opinion. 

I actually think we’re capable of finishing a comfortable 12-15th even with a points deduction. We’re already better than Bournemouth, Brentford, Forest, Ipswich and Leeds or Southampton in my opinion……

the right appointment and and some clever signings we will be set. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Well that's that then

Release clause or **** off Chelsea though

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

If he does go, he will be gone before Christmas. 

Possibly, think he'll get out of it with his rep intact though, Chelsea are a basket case

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I keep reading these reports that it's virtually done, then I check the latest odds and see that Enzo is still at 9/2, and it strikes me that anybody who really trusts these sources has the opportunity to fill their boots. For some reason I'm still not entirely convinced, though. I'll probably regret it tomorrow when Enzo is pictured holding a Chelsea scarf aloft in front of the Matthew Harding Stand...

• Like 1

Feel like Enzo's system could work well with the teams at either Chelsea or Brighton to be fair. 

And similarly McKenna is a good cultural fit at Utd, though he'd need time to sort out the mess of a squad.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kingpower said:

That twitter account has linked 3 different names with Chelsea today; they've probably seen the Schira tweet and have waxed lyrical

Edited by Tuna

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

As reported today in The Guardian LOL. see attachment 

The vast majority of fans think Enzo’s done an excellent job though I’d argue that compared to most of The Championship our circumstances have been favourable rather than ‘extremely challenging.’ Leicester were favourites to get promoted and alongside Leeds we had the best squad in the league even after the departures. He’s got excellent potential but ffs he’s managed for 1 season and a quarter, the majority of that in the 2nd tier. He’s not ready for a club as ruthless as Chelsea and the outcome is inevitable if it happens. He’ll have a short tenure and it’ll end acrimoniously as it has with pretty much every manager that’s moved to them in recent years, especially under this new ownership. 

IMG_9005.jpeg

That article is stating a consideration for Maresca is the potential points deduction, you have stated "Supposedly one of the factors that has encouraged Enzo to speak to Chelsea is the impending points deduction" One is a journalists viewpoint that it may be a consideration, you have elevated this to it being almost factual and thats why he is encouraged to speak to Chelsea. I am not saying thats not potentially in his thoughts, in fact players leaving on frees, little money to spend, potentially losing KDH, not really being wanted by much of the fan bases are all legitimate reasons to consider leaving, however lets not speak like we know what he is doing as fact.

Even if he left, I`d be delighted that he got us up as Champions where the likes of Leeds and Southampton couldn't (one of course will make it via the play-offs) and in that, he galvanized a relegated side that lost so many top players. 

I think many in here underestimate how important it was to go up. It may sound dramatic but if we stayed down it could have seen us do a Sheffield Weds, Sunderland, Forest etc and stayed away from the prem for years, especially with the financial problems we would have had without the bumper money coming our way now we are in the prem.

Thank god for Maresca, I hope he stays.....

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Which begs the question(s) why would he continue to play that way? (Who knows, he might not....he will/would)

Surely any manager worth his salt adapts, pivots, gets the best out of what he has available. Surely that is more impressive that playing to an ideology.

And an even bigger question - Why is there an obsession to play this way from within our club and other clubs.

As you say, any manager worth his salt and yet Enzo persisted when it was clearly going to shit. 

The club wanting this style of football shows me that there is no one in charge of the club who really knows anything about football. Possession based ideology is actually very good if you have a phenomenal team who can achieve it. Most teams don’t and cannot execute it. 

The results that turned our season around at the end came, pretty much, from games where we were not dominant in terms of possession but active and aggressive on the counter. 

Anyway, seems like Utd have scoped out McKenna so now more likely Enzo will go to Chelsea. Idiot owners thinking he will do an Arteta and helps that he looks like Peo mk2

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Feel like Enzo's system could work well with the teams at either Chelsea or Brighton to be fair. 

And similarly McKenna is a good cultural fit at Utd, though he'd need time to sort out the mess of a squad.

Brighton are pretty average imo, don't see the hype./

And Mckenna would never get that group of players playing any better than Ten Hagg.

Man United should go for Zidane

Edited by whoareyaaa

24 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Possibly, think he'll get out of it with his rep intact though, Chelsea are a basket case

Absolutely he will and even if he didn’t he would still be an ex Chelsea manager. It’s win win for Enzo. Everyone in football knows Chelsea is a lunatic asylum so it’s an absolute free hit which only has massive benefits. Staying with us is the real poisoned chalice for Enzo. 

11 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

That article is stating a consideration for Maresca is the potential points deduction, you have stated "Supposedly one of the factors that has encouraged Enzo to speak to Chelsea is the impending points deduction" One is a journalists viewpoint that it may be a consideration, you have elevated this to it being almost factual and thats why he is encouraged to speak to Chelsea. I am not saying thats not potentially in his thoughts, in fact players leaving on frees, little money to spend, potentially losing KDH, not really being wanted by much of the fan bases are all legitimate reasons to consider leaving, however lets not speak like we know what he is doing as fact.

Even if he left, I`d be delighted that he got us up as Champions where the likes of Leeds and Southampton couldn't (one of course will make it via the play-offs) and in that, he galvanized a relegated side that lost so many top players. 

I think many in here underestimate how important it was to go up. It may sound dramatic but if we stayed down it could have seen us do a Sheffield Weds, Sunderland, Forest etc and stayed away from the prem for years, especially with the financial problems we would have had without the bumper money coming our way now we are in the prem.

Thank god for Maresca, I hope he stays.....

Huh? Just about the only thing I've ever seen on here where everyone was in agreement that it was the medium if not long term future of the club at stake, and it really was promotion at all costs 

I'm not too fussed if he goes to be honest. He did what was asked of him here, but we were unconvincing for many parts of the season, even when we were winning. Personally I think  if we were to Carlos Corberan in he'd give us a better chance of staying up. 

If he’s asked to speak to Chelsea, no matter the outcome, he’s got to go. 

We simply can’t take the risk of keeping a manager who’s using us as a stepping stone, a manager who could leave at any point during the season, and leave us in the shit. 

I’ll appreciate him getting us back to the Premier League but once anyone at the club shows a lack of loyality they simply can’t remain. 

Chelsea is also a massive risk, if he fails there, and Leicester being his only success story, with a team which should have won the league in March, he’ll struggle to get another top role, despite the immense PR team he has behind him. 

Saying that, if Kompany is going Bayern and Enzo to Chelsea, I might apply for the Man Utd job 😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Huh? Just about the only thing I've ever seen on here where everyone was in agreement that it was the medium if not long term future of the club at stake, and it really was promotion at all costs 

So with "everyone" knowing what was at stake, with the pressure he was under, players contracts winding down, best players sold, off field problems etc, why do so many not rate him?!

I think the point is for me, he has done an amazing job. Vestegaard was dead and buried before he arrived, Vards looked bereft of confidence and almost finished, Hamza also not at the standard but galvanized, Ndidi played in attacking midfield LOL and most of his new signings have worked out well under an effective system in this division.

Why did 3/4s of this forum vote for him to be sacked when we went through that wobble? He achieved what he did despite our negativity and for me, his achievements are still played down. Most "expected" us to go up and him winning the Championship was a forgone conclusion for many before a ball was even kicked,like its ever that simple.

• Like 2