Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

I think it's going to be a huge rebuild once the vultures have picked off what they want.

I would say most if not all the out  of contract players  will be gone.

Ndidi vardy and Vesty  think are the only ones that could potentially get offered a new deal but they may choose to move on anyway.

If the press are to believed then anyone worth their salt will be up for sale.

Already there's talk amongst the agents that there is huge interest in Hermansan 

With clubs home and abroad ready to swoop.

The worrying thing is his agents are only small fry and he's by far the most lucrative player they have on their books so you would think  they will definitely be keen to sanction  big deal somewhere. 

But look at the trouble we found ourselves in last time and the repercussions of leeting your number 1 go.

I just hope history doesn't repeat itself and we don't make the sane mistake and this time replace with quality If he does move on

. But that's easier said then done especially on a budget. 

I think it's going to be a tough market for us especially with the points deduction hanging over us.

Any potential recruits will take that situation into consideration before committing to us you would think.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wonder if Angel Gomes at Lille is a realistic targets. Contract up next summer and would revel in a dual 8 system like Enzo's.

Great shout and a player expected to go knto bigger and better .

I think he will have better options in the  Premier league than us though and options abroad that's if he even wants to leave Lille. 

Even if he considered coming  here you wold be talking 25m+ at a starting point I would think that's going to be way beyond us. 

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

I think it's going to be a huge rebuild once the vultures have picked off what they want.

I would say most if not all the out  of contract players  will be gone.

Ndidi vardy and Vesty  think are the only ones that could potentially get offered a new deal but they may choose to move on anyway.

If the press are to believed then anyone worth their salt will be up for sale.

Already there's talk amongst the agents that there is huge interest in Hermansan 

With clubs home and abroad ready to swoop.

The worrying thing is his agents are only small fry and he's by far the most lucrative player they have on their books so you would think  they will definitely be keen to sanction  big deal somewhere. 

But look at the trouble we found ourselves in last time and the repercussions of leeting your number 1 go.

I just hope history doesn't repeat itself and we don't make the sane mistake and this time replace with quality If he does move on

. But that's easier said then done especially on a budget. 

I think it's going to be a tough market for us especially with the points deduction hanging over us.

Any potential recruits will take that situation into consideration before committing to us you would think.

To be fair, the FFP stuff might actually help us long term…. Might sound mad, but we’ve no choice but to operate on a more sustainable way, and be clever in the market. To be fair, like I said the other day, I think we did pretty well this pre season, we’ve made some good signings with sale on value! So more of the same would be great. There are players out there that we can get good deals for, we just need to make sure we’re sensible contracts….

2 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

@Ric Flair (assuming there is no embargo) how many positions do you think realistically we are looking for?  And am I right we can only have two players on loan at one time?

maybe

1 x left footed CB 

1 x CM (KDH) replacement

confirm Fatawu 

Sensi cover for Winks

cover for Ricky P

1 x striker (assuming we sell Daka)

Will be interesting to see if Enzo wants to retain likes of Vestergaard and Ndidi or bring in his own players.

I think Vestergaard and Vardy will be offered new deals but the rest will be leaving. I also think we might need to sell more than just KDH, so possibly Faes/Daka/Justin might be off as well.

Based on that I think we need

LCB

RCB

Inverted full back

4 CM's (3 as 8's and one traditionally more defensive - could be Braybrooke)

LW

RW

1 striker minimum

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Great shout and a player expected to go knto bigger and better .

I think he will have better options in the  Premier league than us though and options abroad that's if he even wants to leave Lille. 

Even if he considered coming  here you wold be talking 25m+ at a starting point I would think that's going to be way beyond us. 

Yeah even with a year left on his deal it's going to be north of £15m as we had to chuff them up £17m for Soumare in similar circumstances.

In

Abdul Fatawu (Permanent)

Jamie Vardy (Extension)

Wilfred Ndidi (Extension)

Jannik Vestergaard (Extension)

Marc Albrighton (Extension)

Macaulay Langstaff - Notts County (Buy)

Che Adams - Free Agent (Sign)

Victor Kristiansen (retain)

Chido Obi - Arsenal (Buy)

Brazilian Player?

Call ups

Braybrooke 

Alves 

Marcal

McAteer

Nelson

Brunt

Edited by Future Fox

On 27/04/2024 at 10:37, Bordersfox said:

Solid defensively!? Hes got a massive error in him every game and was, initally at least, dropped with very good justification.  My cardiologist confirms a center back pairing of Faes and Soyuncu will finish me off.  

At times, yes. But we undeniably looked far better last season once Rodgers had gone and Dean Smith played him. 

18 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Get soyuncu back on loan from Atletico, he’d be brilliant in this system and a bit of pace to cover for the other centre halves

I'd almost go as far to say it's a no brainer if the ill-will was more between Rodgers and him rather than him and the club. Perfect defender for the Maresca system as you say, low risk due to being a loanee, knows the level and even knows the club and a fair proportion of the staff and players.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Vestergaard and Vardy will be offered new deals but the rest will be leaving. I also think we might need to sell more than just KDH, so possibly Faes/Daka/Justin might be off as well.

Based on that I think we need

LCB - Bashir Humphreys on loan

RCB - Gabriel Pereira 

Inverted full back - Trai hume

4 CM's (3 as 8's and one traditionally more defensive - could be Braybrooke) - Josh brownhill, Callum O'hare, Jordan James, gus hamer or Leo castledine on loan 

LW - Alex berenguer 

RW - Rafa or James mcatee or Omari Hutchinson on loan 

1 striker minimum - Adam hzolek on loan to buy 

Edited by brownboy93

Omari Hutchinson terrified me every time we played Ipswich this season, and he was phenomenal in the game yesterday. He is a bit lightweight, however.

Still, I'd be happy to see him in a Leicester shirt next season; it's not beyond the realms either, as his performances this season warrant a Premier League move. Most likely though, he'll be at Ipswich again next season.

Add to that Gus Hamer. For one, he is a quality player and by far the best of a bad bunch at Sheff Utd, and two, the tears from Cov fans would be otherwordly.

I'd also retain Callum Doyle if possible. Magic wand of a left foot, and has arguably been playing out of position all season at LB. Considering that he's done really well. 

Edited by JonesLCFC
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Future Fox said:

In

Abdul Fatawu (Permanent)

Jamie Vardy (Extension)

Brazilian Player?

Call ups

Braybrooke 

Alves 

Marcal

McAteer

Nelson

Brunt

Brunt, McAteer, Marcal are nowhere near ready for Premier League imo, and doubt they ever will be. Marcal possibly. 

The other three for sure, but I think loan moves are more likely. As long as they don't spend another season in the u21's ffs. If that happens it's been seriously mismanaged.

30 minutes ago, Bilo said:

At times, yes. But we undeniably looked far better last season once Rodgers had gone and Dean Smith played him. 

He's been poor since leaving us and two clubs have now said they don't want to keep him.  He got sent off in one game after four minutes, suggesting he still very much has got a brain fart in him.  I think his issues goes deeper than Rodgers.

I'm no scout but surely there are better options out there.

Edited by Bordersfox

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Great shout, he'd be £15m + I reckon though.

Greaves will fall in the same bracket as well tbf. 

Of all the centre backs in the Championship, Greaves & Van Den Berg look by far the most suitable for our style of play. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry but this is absolutely hideous 😂😂😂

I don't mean full season call ups just make some appearances not like Alves and Braybrooke sitting in reserves all season and no clue about adams he's a fan of the club and would fight but I stand by langstaff, Fatawu and these extensions do make sense don't forget the club is in an ffp problem and can't go splashing big bucks need to take advantage of our youth not full call ups  just getting a chance like raikhy has especially with a manager like enzo that can really make our youth another level.

Edited by Future Fox

3 minutes ago, Future Fox said:

I don't mean full season call ups just make some appearances not like Alves and Braybrooke sitting in reserves all season and no clue about adams he's a fan of the club and would fight but I stand by langstaff, Fatawu and these extensions do make sense

I don't mind that part, it was the retained list and signings thst I'm not keen on mate. Think we can afford to be a but more ambitious but it'll be a difficult balance to find.

1 hour ago, Future Fox said:

In

Abdul Fatawu (Permanent)

Jamie Vardy (Extension)

Brazilian Player?

Call ups

Braybrooke 

Alves 

Marcal

McAteer

Nelson

Brunt

This guy is only 16 isn't he? Wouldn't make sense as a first-team signing. Plus, there would be no way Arsenal let him go. 

Fatawu definitely 

Adams fair enough not the best

Langstaff golden Boot this season and scored a heck of a lot last season I would take him over daka any day and a low price tag low risk.

Kristiansen maybe I think he can maybe do well if enzo gave him a chance he doesn't because he uses the right side to come inside with ricardo and hamza but I think victor could replicate the same on the left 

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I think Latte Lath from Middlesbrough has that flair about him to make the step up to the premier league would sign him to replace either Daka or Nacho or both players.

Never trust a player that moves club every season, he's 25 and already has 10 clubs to his name. I've a similar problem with Sensi who's spent most of his career injured or out on loan.