Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

9 minutes ago, 73LCFC said:

Free transfers.                                

Tom Heaton-Experience Gk

Sergio Ramos-CB

Lloyd Kelly-CB
Stephano Sensi-CM

Callum Ohare-AM

Robert Skov-AM

Daichi Kamada-AM

Che Adams-ST

Luka Jovic-ST

Ben Yedder-ST

Loans

Callum Doyle-LB/LCB

James Mctee-CM

Buy

Trai Hume-LB

Ronnie Edwards-CB

Abdul Fatawu-RW

Adam Hlozek-ST

Maybe find a couple of gems in South America-CB & ST.

We don't need another keeper.

Ramos isn't coming to Leicester in any universe.

Che Adams is equally poor as Daka.

Don't rate Doyle for the prem either.

Edwards doesn't look ready for the prem to me, I've watched him a few times this season and he looks chaotic and clumsy.

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't see you getting any of, Clarke, Philogene or Whittaker for 10m 

Yeah you've got me there! I am pretty sure Whittaker was being quoted as 25M in January.

Maybe you could get Szmodics or Stuart Armstrong (if Southampton don't go up) for that money given Szmodics is going to be 29 next season and Armstrong is 31. I think these are both good players that don't neccesarily have to be first choice but can be good options to create impact and push the first team. And worst case scenario they are proven in the Championship.

44 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Those 3 set you back about £60 million I would say. 

If you think those 3 are realistic targets you have been sleeping with yiit head in tbe sand in the last 12 months.

Where does a budget like that come from? 

My assumption is that we'd only sign one of the 3 players. I think in total we will only spend 20-30m after Fatawu is signed on a permanent.

But as others and you point out, these players are going to cost at least 20M. Adam Wharton went for 18M in January, Alex Scott to Bournemouth for over 20M at the start of the season. So maybe none of these represent value and we need to gamble in the Scandavian markets again instead. Hermansen cost 6M, so perhaps players like Nanasi and Gronbaek are available for 10M or less?

The more I think about it, Callum O'Hare on a free is probably the most sensible signing we could make, assuming Coventry don't go up.

Edited by StriderHiryu

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah you've got me there! I am pretty sure Whittaker was being quoted as 25M in January.

Maybe you could get Szmodics or Stuart Armstrong (if Southampton don't go up) for that money given Szmodics is going to be 29 next season and Armstrong is 31. I think these are both good players that don't neccesarily have to be first choice but can be good options to create impact and push the first team. And worst case scenario they are proven in the Championship.

Think we need to look at player with a resale value, when you look at Mads who we got for 5m and is now comfortable worth double.

We need to find some more gems.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Callum O'Hare on a free is probably the most sensible signing we could make, assuming Coventry don't go up.

He don't strike me as a premier level player. The fitness and balance isn't there for me. 

The stand out player was West Brom's Mikey Johnston, but he's contracted at Celtic. Maybe a 3m level loan deal though? 

The striker at Middlesbrough looks a handful and the Hull lad, Greaves, has seemed a decent player and organiser. Funnily enough, Kiefer Moore - big donkey so I thought - has shown some great touches for a big man. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Future Fox said:

In

Abdul Fatawu (Permanent)

Jamie Vardy (Extension)

Wilfred Ndidi (Extension)

Jannik Vestergaard (Extension)

Marc Albrighton (Extension)

Macaulay Langstaff - Notts County (Buy)

Che Adams - Free Agent (Sign)

Victor Kristiansen (retain)

Chido Obi - Arsenal (Buy)

Brazilian Player?

Call ups

Braybrooke 

Alves 

Marcal

McAteer

Nelson

Brunt

Albrighton extension? He has struggled to make the squad in this division 😂

2 hours ago, 73LCFC said:

Free transfers.                                

Tom Heaton-Experience Gk

Sergio Ramos-CB

Lloyd Kelly-CB
Stephano Sensi-CM

Callum Ohare-AM

Robert Skov-AM

Daichi Kamada-AM

Che Adams-ST

Luka Jovic-ST

Ben Yedder-ST

Loans

Callum Doyle-LB/LCB

James Mctee-CM

Buy

Trai Hume-LB

Ronnie Edwards-CB

Abdul Fatawu-RW

Adam Hlozek-ST

Maybe find a couple of gems in South America-CB & ST.

Ben Yedder no thanks

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

What are the regulations on loans in the Premier League - I thought you were only allowed two in match day squads? Can you have more than this?

Think you are correct -  Two at one time. 

19 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

What are the regulations on loans in the Premier League - I thought you were only allowed two in match day squads? Can you have more than this?

Is that right? Wasn’t that just from the same club? Feels like another rule to contain clubs from challenging otherwise, or at least limit those who have just been promoted (requiring them to waste cash on players that may not normally buy)

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is that right? Wasn’t that just from the same club? Feels like another rule to contain clubs from challenging otherwise, or at least limit those who have just been promoted (requiring them to waste cash on players that may not normally buy)

I don't know - this is what I'm trying to seek clarification on!

If Plymouth go down the numbers being quoted for Whittaker are bonkers. 

He will be absolutely adamant that he’s leaving rather than play in League 1 and they’ll be lucky to get anything north of £7.5mil IMO.

Stay up and he’s probably still gettable for £12.5/£15mil. 

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

Just me weekly post to say that Sebastian Nanasi has scored again...praying we go back in for him 

It’s mind boggling if we aren’t tracking him at this point. Every time I watch him he looks better and better. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

My assumption is that we'd only sign one of the 3 players. I think in total we will only spend 20-30m after Fatawu is signed on a permanent.

But as others and you point out, these players are going to cost at least 20M. Adam Wharton went for 18M in January, Alex Scott to Bournemouth for over 20M at the start of the season. So maybe none of these represent value and we need to gamble in the Scandavian markets again instead. Hermansen cost 6M, so perhaps players like Nanasi and Gronbaek are available for 10M or less?

The more I think about it, Callum O'Hare on a free is probably the most sensible signing we could make, assuming Coventry don't go up.

The only player worth spending £20mil on in this league in our situation (no point spending money on someone like Summerville when we have Mavididi despite the upgrade) is Gabriel Sara.

He has among the highest goals and assists tallies, similar to Dewsbury Hall, despite being Norwich's deepest midfielder for large parts of the season. For me he's the best player in the division by quite a distance and with Dewsbury hall leaving we are going to desparately need some quality in midfield.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd like to think we have learnt a little.

But the average PL wage is around 60k so you are going to have a few on more than 50k 

It's going to come down that is with the new rules, well it is for around 60-70% of clubs. We need to treat ourselves as newly promoted as we are, and promoted sides should not be throwing more than £50k a week at players in their 1st season.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

The only player worth spending £20mil on in this league in our situation (no point spending money on someone like Summerville when we have Mavididi despite the upgrade) is Gabriel Sara.

He has among the highest goals and assists tallies, similar to Dewsbury Hall, despite being Norwich's deepest midfielder for large parts of the season. For me he's the best player in the division by quite a distance and with Dewsbury hall leaving we are going to desparately need some quality in midfield.

Only 24 too.

I think there’s a few different markets we should be looking at, one being proven players in championship, premier league experience from the free agents market, then gems from lesser known leagues that we can nurture and develop. We seem to have lost that final market when that was our bread and butter a few years back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's going to come down that is with the new rules, well it is for around 60-70% of clubs. We need to treat ourselves as newly promoted as we are, and promoted sides should not be throwing more than £50k a week at players in their 1st season.

Return to the old days in the PL, when the big boys had it all there own way.

Edited by coolhandfox