Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

2 hours ago, ACF said:

Hear me out.

Get Fofana back on loan. 

He’s been crocked. Needs a season to show he’s fit, he might not get that a Chelsea. Would fit Enzo’s system. Him and Coady could be quite fun together.

I tried to hear you out and I kind of understand your thinking, but I would find it hard to digest him in a Leicester shirt again after his antics pushing for the Chelsea move. I'd prefer players with hunger and desire to be here, unfortunately I can't see Fofana's ego allowing that.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I tried to hear you out and your thinking is sound, but I would find it hard to digest him in a Leicester shirt again after his antics pushing for the Chelsea move. I'd prefer players with hunger and desire to be here, unfortunately I can't see Fofana's ego to allow that.

It’s not even that his ego wouldn’t allow it it’s his body, hard to see him being able to string more than 10 games together at this level. Unfortunately for him that Rafa mir tackle has probably destroyed his career

Would defo take hamer from sheff utd, think he would fit in with the style that Enzo wants to play, also decent on set plays, thought he was cov best player when they played us at home , also seems to be doing alright at sheff as well this season, I think we will regret if we miss out on him!! 

33 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

It’s not even that his ego wouldn’t allow it it’s his body, hard to see him being able to string more than 10 games together at this level. Unfortunately for him that Rafa mir tackle has probably destroyed his career

To be fair it wasn't rafa Mir rather fer

Hamer from Sheffield United - he's brilliant from set pieces which is something our team is really lacking. 

Gabriel Sara from Norwich - consistent, strong midfielder to replace Ndidi. Can play. Would suit the system. 

Sammie Szmodics - goal scorer. Unbelievable goal tally in a struggling Blackburn team. 

Jacob Greaves for Hull - been keeping an eye on him. Destined to be in the Prem soon. Championship team of the season. Powerful defender and good on the eye. 

Whether financially we can do a deal for any of these is a different matter of course. 

Some players id love next season and it’s very unlikely but here we go

Lloyd Kelly ( free but unlikely )

Ahmedhodzic

Sensi

Rafa ( free ) 

Cherki

En Nesyri ( he would ideal for us )

Angel Gomes 

Debast 

Iling - Junior 

I would be looking at making a few signings with a points deduction and relegation from the PL.

players like Ohare would be a good signing and good enough for lower end prem and the the following season in the championship. 

• Like 1

Harrison Burrows - free / tribunal

Sebastien Nanasi 

Salvatore Esposito

Nathan Zeze

Trai Hume

Adamo Nagalo

David Odogu

Adam Hlozek

Armindo Sieb

Rafiu Durosinmi

Tom Fellows

Kane Taylor - free / tribunal

Mica Hamilton - free / tribunal

Nico Melamed - free

Omari Hutchinson - loan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Hamer from Sheffield United - he's brilliant from set pieces which is something our team is really lacking. 

Gabriel Sara from Norwich - consistent, strong midfielder to replace Ndidi. Can play. Would suit the system. 

Sammie Szmodics - goal scorer. Unbelievable goal tally in a struggling Blackburn team. 

Jacob Greaves for Hull - been keeping an eye on him. Destined to be in the Prem soon. Championship team of the season. Powerful defender and good on the eye. 

Whether financially we can do a deal for any of these is a different matter of course. 

Philogene from Hull too. 

Anyone we can raid from Leeds when they fail to go up via the playoffs… 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Harrison Burrows - free / tribunal

Sebastien Nanasi 

Salvatore Esposito

Nathan Zeze

Trai Hume

Adamo Nagalo

David Odogu

Adam Hlozek

Armindo Sieb

Rafiu Durosinmi

Tom Fellows

Kane Taylor - free / tribunal

Mica Hamilton - free / tribunal

Nico Melamed - free

Omari Hutchinson - loan

Would love Omari. Think he’d go back to Ipswich if they come up though?

I really do think this squad needs a fair overhaul for next year but a few free transfers and a fair few loans will do most of the heavy lifting. 

Daichi Kamada

Lloyd Kelly

Brownhill

Jaun Miranda

Gabriel Barbosa

Sensi

Luka Jovic

...Some of the interesting names that will be available for free (not saying we should/could get some of them but they are worth a look). Plus players from potentially relegated clubs like...

Gustavo Hamer

Cameron Archer

Barkley

Ahmedhodzic

Sander Berge

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I really do think this squad needs a fair overhaul for next year but a few free transfers and a fair few loans will do most of the heavy lifting. 

Daichi Kamada

Lloyd Kelly

Brownhill

Jaun Miranda

Gabriel Barbosa

Sensi

Luka Jovic

...Some of the interesting names that will be available for free (not saying we should/could get some of them but they are worth a look). Plus players from potentially relegated clubs like...

Gustavo Hamer

Cameron Archer

Barkley

Ahmedhodzic

Sander Berge

Barbosa, are we planning on starting a team of cheats?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

Sign some good younger championship players who will want to prove them selves in the premier league. This would build a strong side in case the worst happens and we do come back down again.

CB’s - Greaves, THB, Edwards

RB - Hume

CM - Sara, James, Patino

CAM -  Bellingham, Carvalho

Wingers - Rowe, Summerville, Clarke, Hutchinson

ST - Szmodics, Delap

Just a few examples who would improve us.

Signing championship players only will just relegate us, we need to bring in players of quality who have played top flight football as well.

@Ric Flair (assuming there is no embargo) how many positions do you think realistically we are looking for?  And am I right we can only have two players on loan at one time?

maybe

1 x left footed CB 

1 x CM (KDH) replacement

confirm Fatawu 

Sensi cover for Winks

cover for Ricky P

1 x striker (assuming we sell Daka)

Will be interesting to see if Enzo wants to retain likes of Vestergaard and Ndidi or bring in his own players.

Edited by JimmyC74

I think Latte Lath from Middlesbrough has that flair about him to make the step up to the premier league would sign him to replace either Daka or Nacho or both players.

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I think Latte Lath from Middlesbrough has that flair about him to make the step up to the premier league would sign him to replace either Daka or Nacho or both players.

If we could get this guy in he would be a decent bet. Quick strong combative and an eye for a goal. He is a bit raw but will only get better. Not sure we could afford him though even if we make room by offloading the two mentioned. Soumare Souttar and Kristiansen have to be moved on if they aren’t part of our plans. If we could move on Ward too then that would be the icing on the cake.