Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

21 hours ago, Shane said:

any ideas who we could sign for the RCM role?

Really depends what our kind of market is. 

If the possibility is there to sign 2-3 players in the £15-£20 million bracket like Burnley & Sheffield United did last summer, then that kind of fee should go on a RCM. 

Matt O’Riley & Gabriel Sara would be the obvious choices. I also like the look of Ismael Saibari of PSV. 

As for a cheaper option, Adrian Bernabe would be perfect. 

• Like 1

Victor Torp. He looks really decent. 

Re Schmodics, I’d only be interested if it was for pittance, he’s 28, so there’s no resale value there, I probably wouldn’t go for him if Blackburn want anymore that £10m for him. What’s his contract situation like there?

I think we’ll purchase 5 players if we go up, as we’ll use Kristensen / Soumare within the squad. 

CB : Bryan Okoh, Castello Lukeba

CM : Jobe Bellingham, Ismael Gharbi, Gabriel Misehouy, Lucas Gourna-Douath, Isak Bergmann.

FW: Alvaro Rodriguez, Youssoufa Moukoko, Liam Delap. 

RW : Antonio Nusa, Charlie Patino, Rayan Cherki.

• Haha 1

On 20/04/2024 at 16:58, LVFox said:

Presuming we go up, I think Jordan James from Birmingham would be perfect for the role. @Ric Flairhas mentioned Kypriannou from Peterborough on here, but whether he's PL ready is a big question.

We could also look at Charlie Patino from Arsenal but doesn't have James' dynamism for me

Maziz from Leuven 

On 20/04/2024 at 15:35, LcFc_Smiv said:

Please go sign Ollie Arblaster from Sheff Utd, boys gonna be a talent and Sheff Utd will need the money, he’ll only have played a handful of prem games by the transfer window so won’t cost an arm

and a leg.

Cool name as well

On 20/04/2024 at 15:35, LcFc_Smiv said:

Please go sign Ollie Arblaster from Sheff Utd, boys gonna be a talent and Sheff Utd will need the money, he’ll only have played a handful of prem games by the transfer window so won’t cost an arm

and a leg.

I wonder if his parents dropped an s and an e from their surname ? 

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Look into Kamory Doumbia at Brest. Looks a real talent.

Really like that shout.

For the majority of this season he has featured from the bench, more recently though he has been a starter and has seriously impressed me. 

Has technical qualities on the ball, while his work rate off the ball is fantastic. 

He is currently on loan from Reims, but if he doesn’t go to Brest permanently, then I wouldn’t mind him as an 8 option. 

• Like 1

West Ham & Fulham supposedly interested in Fotis Ioannidis of Panathinaikos. 

He’d be my number one choice for a new striker if we secure promotion. 

Ticks a lot of boxes.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, kingfox said:

West Ham & Fulham supposedly interested in Fotis Ioannidis of Panathinaikos. 

He’d be my number one choice for a new striker if we secure promotion. 

Ticks a lot of boxes.

Agreed. Although I'm very interested in our links to Hlozek today. Not happened for him at Leverkusen but he's a beast in the making.

• Like 1

Josh Brownhill on a free - we've been linked before too. We need a versatile 6/8ish player to bulk up the squad.

4 goals and 2 assists for a shit Burnley side and his defensive stats are impressive. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. Although I'm very interested in our links to Hlozek today. Not happened for him at Leverkusen but he's a beast in the making.

Both Ioannidis & Hlozek would probably fall into the £15 million bracket, which would hopefully be a realistic market for us. In Hlozek’s case though, as you said on the other thread, a loan with an option to buy could be a route to go down. Could put a few strikers in that bracket tbf, Eddie Nketiah & David Datro Fofana spring to mind. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Do we know if there is going to be a transfer embargo?

The  (highly dubious) transfer embargo has been imposed by the EFL, not the PL, and won't apply if we go up. If we somehow failed to get promoted, it presumably would be lifted if we sold enough players in June to avoid a PSR breach for the period ending this season.

• Thanks 1