Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

On 28/03/2024 at 07:58, Pliskin said:

Nanasi will be an option. He isn’t going to cost the earth either, I reckon £10m would get him maybe even less! 

Currently has a goal and assist in Malmö’s first game of the season today. 

Sheffield U supposedly listing players for sale already in an attempt to sell as prem players. Hamer one on their list.

If we go up id be very happy for us to go for him. He’s created a decent amount for them despite them being poorly managed and lacking quality.  7 goal contributions in such a bad team is actually an okay return. i’d have no doubts he could step up and shouldn’t cost too much given the way they’ve bowed out. 

They’d be hoping to get their money back you’d think.  Surely we could muster 8m for him if we get 30 odd for kdh 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

If we go up, and if we are looking at point deductions for the next two or three years, are we better off taking a big hit in the summer with the thought of setting a squad up that can stay up regardless of point deductions, or do we plan for a side that will dominate the championship the year after?

21 hours ago, HybridFox said:

James Tavernier free agent in the summer. Good experience at full back and one that will stay fit

Can he invert? Hopefully he brings us some knowledge on how to win an obscene amount of penalties!!

It’s really hard to know what to say but we don’t even know what market we will be in next year… and even then, are we going to be in the freee transfer market or will we be paying money? Too many variables right now…

• Like 1

On 03/04/2024 at 09:42, LVFox said:

If we go up, and if we are looking at point deductions for the next two or three years, are we better off taking a big hit in the summer with the thought of setting a squad up that can stay up regardless of point deductions, or do we plan for a side that will dominate the championship the year after?

The latter would sadly be the sensible thing to do.

But I still can't understand why we can't sell any players. I get that most are on outrageous wages no sane club would match, but surely we should just hold our noses and use some of a transfer fee to pay them off.

I get that some players would have to be replaced, but what's the point wracking up debt paying international footballers like Harry Souttar and Danny Ward to rot in our training ground?

11 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

The latter would sadly be the sensible thing to do.

But I still can't understand why we can't sell any players. I get that most are on outrageous wages no sane club would match, but surely we should just hold our noses and use some of a transfer fee to pay them off.

I get that some players would have to be replaced, but what's the point wracking up debt paying international footballers like Harry Souttar and Danny Ward to rot in our training ground?

Its an FFP/PSR issue. If you sell at an amortised loss you incur that loss on your accounts in the financial year you make the sale. 

On 09/04/2024 at 01:42, MPH said:

It’s really hard to know what to say but we don’t even know what market we will be in next year… and even then, are we going to be in the freee transfer market or will we be paying money? Too many variables right now…

Sadly we need to live in the moment, got to get up first or it will be absolute carnage.  So Premier League Football.

5 games to go, they are top for some reason, can't they just all go sod it, win 4 out of 5, 3 at home and we'll have the choice of staying or leaving and even playing in the top flight and THEY ALL want to do that.  And it will be more attractive to any offered to come here.

Next hurdle is then the financial, but the money difference of being in the Prem is on a different planet to us playing QPR next year etc.

On 10/04/2024 at 11:26, Chelmofox said:

Its an FFP/PSR issue. If you sell at an amortised loss you incur that loss on your accounts in the financial year you make the sale. 

Yeah - but surely ess of a loss than not selling them and not getting them off the wage bill?

I find off field stuff tedious tbh, but it seems like we're just passively continue to meander along into financial calamity without seeming to try to do anything about it!

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Yeah - but surely ess of a loss than not selling them and not getting them off the wage bill?

I find off field stuff tedious tbh, but it seems like we're just passively continue to meander along into financial calamity without seeming to try to do anything about it!

Presume they earn 50k a week (gulp). This would show as 2.6 mil in the annual accounts. Sell them for a 10 mill amortised loss, then that entire 10 mil hits this years accounts. Much better to not lose the 7 million on the accounts. 

Even better if you can sort out a loan they covers at least a portion of the wages.

It looks likely that we'll be returning to the model from a few years ago where we're looking at decent Championship players, out of contract players and those from either midtable or lower league Prem aynd foreign players again. I actually don't mind that, because such players will be on a lot less than the outgoings and it's the wages that are crippling us.

Let's say that the following go for starters.

Vardy

Nacho

Daka

Ndidi

Praet

Vestegaard

That's probably close to half a million a week on wages going and there's little reason why we couldn't operate a one-in-one-out system while replacing them with genuinely decent, young and hungry players from the Championship and other leagues. Possibly a decent loanee or two as well.

Vardy replaced by Szmodics, Praet out in favour of O'Hare, Wilf replaced by Sensi? All doable and will probably improve the side.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kingfox said:

Dario Osorio - Was linked to him in the past, he eventually signed for Midtjylland where he’s currently doing the business. 

So annoying we didn't get him when you look at the modest fee and that he'd have got a lot of football here competing with Mavididi and Fatawu.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So annoying we didn't get him when you look at the modest fee and that he'd have got a lot of football here competing with Mavididi and Fatawu.

Some big clubs supposedly scouting him atm. 

Can see him going in the region of £10-15 million in the summer. 

• Like 1

Please go sign Ollie Arblaster from Sheff Utd, boys gonna be a talent and Sheff Utd will need the money, he’ll only have played a handful of prem games by the transfer window so won’t cost an arm

and a leg.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shane said:

any ideas who we could sign for the RCM role?

Presuming we go up, I think Jordan James from Birmingham would be perfect for the role. @Ric Flairhas mentioned Kypriannou from Peterborough on here, but whether he's PL ready is a big question.

We could also look at Charlie Patino from Arsenal but doesn't have James' dynamism for me

• Like 3