Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

11 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

Well that’d be even less unlikely then!! 😂😂

Best training facilities in the league plus can be given chances just look at Nyoni in Liverpool and can be part of a long term project I know its not likely but I can dream.

Edited by Future Fox

18 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Am I the only person that thinks this guy is a bit of a BTec Tielemans? Good technically in possession, but otherwise lazy and disinterested without the ball.

Would much prefer Gabriel Sara if Norwich doesnt go up. Similar price bracket to Hamer and a far better player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Future Fox said:

In

Abdul Fatawu (Permanent) YES

Jamie Vardy (Extension) YES

Wilfred Ndidi (Extension) NO

Jannik Vestergaard (Extension) MAYBE

Marc Albrighton (Extension) LEGEND BUT WHY

Macaulay Langstaff - Notts County (Buy) NO

Che Adams - Free Agent (Sign) NO

Victor Kristiansen (retain) SOLD

Chido Obi - Arsenal (Buy) WHY WOULD HE COME HERE?

Brazilian Player? NEYMAR?

Call ups

Braybrooke YES

Alves YES

Marcal NO

McAteer NO

Nelson YES

Brunt NO

Apart from that. Spot on mate.

Bleak Future is that's what we are aiming for.

55 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

Omari Hutchinson terrified me every time we played Ipswich this season, and he was phenomenal in the game yesterday. He is a bit lightweight, however.

Still, I'd be happy to see him in a Leicester shirt next season; it's not beyond the realms either, as his performances this season warrant a Premier League move. Most likely though, he'll be at Ipswich again next season.

Add to that Gus Hamer. For one, he is a quality player and by far the best of a bad bunch at Sheff Utd, and two, the tears from Cov fans would be otherwordly.

I'd also retain Callum Doyle if possible. Magic wand of a left foot, and has arguably been playing out of position all season at LB. Considering that he's done really well. 

Might be an unpopular decision and I appreciate him being a part of this season, but i don't think Doyle is anywhere near ready for the PL. Just don't understand how he can be slower than Jannik and has looked suspect against average Championship players. Lovely left foot, but he will need more than that. I also have a horrible feeling that Man City might want a little more than £5 mill for him.

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it's highly likely that next season we will be hampered with PSR and a points deduction making it risky to sign permament signings. For that reason, I expect to see quite a few loan players come in.

Players I think are realistic and would be good for us are:

Loans w/option to buy:

- Fabio Carvalho. Scored 10 times already for Hull since January, can play as an 8 or a winger. We need depth here. If we signed him in January, we would not have had our slump.

- Omari Hutchinson. Great season for Ipswich. Most likely he goes back there, but if he doesn't, would be a great pickup.

- James McAtee. The Blades are going down, he would make a great option in the 8 position.

- Callum Doyle. Personally I wasn't that impressed with him, but if he's available on loan again, then not the worst option.

Free Transfers:

- Stefano Sensi. If we can still get him on a free, then having him as rotation with Winks would be a good option to take.

Permanents: 

- Jack Clarke

- Jaden Philogene

- Morgan Whittaker

All of these players had great Championship seasons and I think would make for good competition with Mavididi. Clarke has more end product, Philogene I think is better at beating his man. Whittaker is left-footed, but really stood out for Plymouth when he was there.

- Trai Hume. If you look at his underlying data, he seems like a a hybrid between Justin and Doyle.

None of the suggestions I have made here are that exciting, but I think they are realistic and protect the club if the worst should happen. Fees and wages need to be reigned in massively next season, for a bigger spend if we survive. The biggest difference I see next season is that almost no teams in the league play a deep block anymore. Glasner replaced Hodgson leaving just Moyes (who is likely to leave) and Dyche. Most teams play a high or mid-press, which means that I would prioritise players that are great on the transition. The Southampton games, and to a lesser extent the Bournemouth one I think will be more indicative of the type of games we are likely to face. We need to be defensively stable, but pack a punch on the break. We are good at that already, but when our wingers or 8's have bad games, we lack options that improve the team.

Defence could be an issue. I couldn't think of a good option for Faes, who IMO is the player that loses concentration the most. We could put JJ that side if we signed a LCB, but I have a feeling Enzo will stick with him regardless. Vestergaard might not be such an issue given that I don't think there will be many games where we have over 60% of the ball. I think he was one of our most consistent players this season and didn't have too many bad games.

All of them are good enough shouts tbf. 

Clarke, Hutchinson & Philogene are all suitable for what Maresca requires from his wingers, all three excel in 1 vs 1 situations, while in Hutchinson & Philogene’s case, their defensive statistics are even better than Fatawu & Mavididi. 

As for McAtee, it would be no surprise if he ends up here next season.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kingfox said:

All of them are good enough shouts tbf. 

Clarke, Hutchinson & Philogene are all suitable for what Maresca requires from his wingers, all three excel in 1 vs 1 situations, while in Hutchinson & Philogene’s case, their defensive statistics are even better than Fatawu & Mavididi. 

As for McAtee, it would be no surprise if he ends up here next season.

This all assumes we are conservative with our transfer budget. It's more than posible that we spend a lot, the theory being that if we are being deducted points anyway, and getting relegated could be catastrophic again, we might as well gamble. I don't agree with that thinking, but it's not my decision to make!

It was interesting that we were linked with Adam Hlozek of Leverkusen, who they signed for 15M Euros a few seasons back.

I'm working under the assumption that if we signed anyone, it would be under £10M unless the clause is loan with buy option.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This all assumes we are conservative with our transfer budget. It's more than posible that we spend a lot, the theory being that if we are being deducted points anyway, and getting relegated could be catastrophic again, we might as well gamble. I don't agree with that thinking, but it's not my decision to make!

It was interesting that we were linked with Adam Hlozek of Leverkusen, who they signed for 15M Euros a few seasons back.

I'm working under the assumption that if we signed anyone, it would be under £10M unless the clause is loan with buy option.

Can't see you getting any of, Clarke, Philogene or Whittaker for 10m 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it's highly likely that next season we will be hampered with PSR and a points deduction making it risky to sign permament signings. For that reason, I expect to see quite a few loan players come in.

Loans w/option to buy:

- Fabio Carvalho. Scored 10 times already for Hull since January, can play as an 8 or a winger. We need depth here. If we signed him in January, we would not have had our slump.

- Omari Hutchinson. Great season for Ipswich. Most likely he goes back there, but if he doesn't, would be a great pickup.

- James McAtee. The Blades are going down, he would make a great option in the 8 position.

- Callum Doyle. Personally I wasn't that impressed with him, but if he's available on loan again, then not the worst option.

Free Transfers:

- Stefano Sensi. If we can still get him on a free, then having him as rotation with Winks would be a good option to take.

Permanents: 

- Jack Clarke

- Jaden Philogene

- Morgan Whittaker

All of these players had great Championship seasons and I think would make for good competition with Mavididi. Clarke has more end product, Philogene I think is better at beating his man. Whittaker is left-footed, but really stood out for Plymouth when he was there.

- Trai Hume. If you look at his underlying data, he seems like a a hybrid between Justin and Doyle.

None of the suggestions I have made here are that exciting, but I think they are realistic and protect the club if the worst should happen. Fees and wages need to be reigned in massively next season, for a bigger spend if we survive. The biggest difference I see next season is that almost no teams in the league play a deep block anymore. Glasner replaced Hodgson leaving just Moyes (who is likely to leave) and Dyche. Most teams play a high or mid-press, which means that I would prioritise players that are great on the transition. The Southampton games, and to a lesser extent the Bournemouth one I think will be more indicative of the type of games we are likely to face. We need to be defensively stable, but pack a punch on the break. We are good at that already, but when our wingers or 8's have bad games, we lack options that improve the team.

Defence could be an issue. I couldn't think of a good option for Faes, who IMO is the player that loses concentration the most. We could put JJ that side if we signed a LCB, but I have a feeling Enzo will stick with him regardless. Vestergaard might not be such an issue given that I don't think there will be many games where we have over 60% of the ball. I think he was one of our most consistent players this season and didn't have too many bad games.

It'll be interesting as the new rules kick in for 24/25 so it'll be easier to comply in the short term if we've done a great job shifting the high earners such as Daka, Soumare and possibly even Ricardo and Justin.

I think we'll need to start inserting relegation clauses for very reasonable fees if we do end up coming straight back down, as well as the usual wage cut clauses.

I've a fear we've still offered Winks and Coady stupid money and even if the above lot go there'll be disparity between their wages and what we need to start offering players for their 1st contract when signing for us (max £50k a week in the Prem)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It'll be interesting as the new rules kick in for 24/25 so it'll be easier to comply in the short term if we've done a great job shifting the high earners such as Daka, Soumare and possibly even Ricardo and Justin.

I think we'll need to start inserting relegation clauses for very reasonable fees if we do end up coming straight back down, as well as the usual wage cut clauses.

I've a fear we've still offered Winks and Coady stupid money and even if the above lot go there'll be disparity between their wages and what we need to start offering players for their 1st contract when signing for us (max £50k a week in the Prem)

I'd like to think we have learnt a little.

But the average PL wage is around 60k so you are going to have a few on more than 50k 

Where is the most value for incomings

Do we take a punt / look at some of the talent from Europa League’s less fashionable leagues / Clubs, such as Preciado from Sparta Prague or try and pick up the likes of Jordan James from Brum?

You hope Enzo has already identified who he wants and it is just a question of how much money for fees and wages he has to play with.

Plus a loan deal from Man City.

Zian Flemming, Morgan Whittaker and Jordan James plus Chris Willock or his brother if available on loan from Newcastle 

Dennis Undav is out on loan from Brighton at Frankfurt, maybe we could get him in on loan if the don’t sell him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I stated on another thread that if the option is there to sign 2-3-4 players in the £15-20 million bracket, then that kind of fee needs to go on a LCB, RCM & ST. 

I wouldn’t be splashing the cash on wingers tbf, hopefully sign Fatawu permanently, then turn to the loan market or try find a bargain under £10 million. 

Hutchinson is the most realistic of those you’ve mentioned imo, Clarke & Philogene would probably cost too much. 

• Like 1

If Sammie Szmodics is available under £20m he’s an option, as I imagine Daka or Iheanacho are off. 

Another CM, Hamer (despite being a Coventry scumbag) looks one of the few ok players are Sheffield United

Most important is keeping KDH and building around him, but those two, keep KDH and add another winger and FB and I’d be happy  

• Like 1

Free transfers.                                

Tom Heaton-Experience Gk

Sergio Ramos-CB

Lloyd Kelly-CB
Stephano Sensi-CM

Callum Ohare-AM

Robert Skov-AM

Daichi Kamada-AM

Che Adams-ST

Luka Jovic-ST

Ben Yedder-ST

Loans

Callum Doyle-LB/LCB

James Mctee-CM

Buy

Trai Hume-LB

Ronnie Edwards-CB

Abdul Fatawu-RW

Adam Hlozek-ST

Maybe find a couple of gems in South America-CB & ST.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Loans w/option to buy:

Free Transfers:

Permanents: 

- Jack Clarke

- Jaden Philogene

- Morgan Whittaker

Those 3 set you back about £60 million I would say. 

If you think those 3 are realistic targets you have been sleeping with yiit head in tbe sand in the last 12 months.

Where does a budget like that come from?