Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

On 28/01/2024 at 21:32, Ric Flair said:

I said pony at the minute. Don't see what the issue with that is, players go in and out of form and are judged. We only have a small window of evidence on McAteer but there was enough in the early part of the season to suggest he's got plenty of qualities. 

He's showing (at the minute) plenty of weaknesses too, his passing, crossing and ability to take players on is lacking. 

I still think he's got a future at this level, his ability to be found in the box to score looks natural, that cannot be taught and his energy and pressing make the nucleus of a strong player. I don't think he's a 1 v 1 winger, but could see him being useful as an 8 in this system.

Fair enough you make good points and I agree but I’ve heard a few fans say he’s been poor when he’s only played a few games since returning. I’ve seen enough in the early stages of the season to say he’s talented so it just bugs me. But I see what you’re saying on taking people on etc. usually I don’t comment on here but I must admit it triggered me lol 😂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Still think we're light, and down to worrying options if we get key injuries. 

Not so sure tbh.. I think we've got enough players to cover certain areas.

Hamza can cover 3 roles, sensi can probably cover winks and the 8. 

Now Nelsons stepped up I think cb is covered.. got enough forwards.. yunus and praet can cover at 8 too..

Only major worries are if kdh and wilf are out for the same game in the league we lack quality and leadership but maybe sensi can cover that and we don't have real quality on the wings to cover mavididi and fatawu.. but we should get by for the remainder of the season I'd have thought.. Albrighton showed he still has it at this level 

Other teams are adding but hopefully it'll take them time to settle in 

4 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Adam Wharton leaving Blackburn Rovers for Crystal Palace. Shame really cause he would have been a nice option in the PL for us had he not been picked up this month!

He'd have been unreal, would have been where I'd have wanted us to reinvest any KDH money if he was to walk, however, the 24m he's quoted as costing Palace is very, very steep at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

He'd have been unreal, would have been where I'd have wanted us to reinvest any KDH money if he was to walk, however, the 24m he's quoted as costing Palace is very, very steep at this point. 

24m for him is absurd.

The same player in Spain or Germany would be 5-7m.

Do Palace know they can go and get Bernabe for less than half that fee?😂

Edited by Muzzy_no7

6 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Carlos Alcaraz is leaving Saints for Juve. Would’ve thought that would weaken them quite a bit, but having looked he’s not played too many full 90’s for them, seems to have rotated quite a bit so maybe not… 

42m option.. Wild.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Someone get Ward a taxi, Forest need a keeper and I am sure we could make it work within their financial 'framework'

Apparently they are keen on Butland at Rangers but would have to pay a decent amount. He only signed in the summer and is having an unbelievable season. 

31 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Apparently they are keen on Butland at Rangers but would have to pay a decent amount. He only signed in the summer and is having an unbelievable season. 

Odd one, but still maintain Ward would shine at Forest. :ph34r: