Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

7 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

The +1 is all on Praet leaving.

Will be an interesting deadline day for sure.

Said all along, not just for us, it’ll be one of the most active deadline days in recent memory 

I wonder if Praet starting on Saturday was to prove his fitness to a potentially interested party. Might mean a team are now happy to progress on a deal to the end of the season, which then creates the gap in the squad to bring in Enzo’s other target. Wednesday/Thursday likely to be a busy one and would expect a number of academy loans out, now we have completed early rounds of FA Cup. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I can't see Antwerp being able to afford him (wages wise), they're doing crap in the league and he can sit tight and pick up a much nicer wage from a club in the summer.

I am sure it has been reported before that he was willing to take a pay cut to move to Torino

I realise we have our own challenges with injury prone players, but always thought Brooks was very injury prone? Maybe he is over the worst of it, no idea. :dunno:

18 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Come in Ric that’s clearly one of those deals where only one club were ever in, he needs match fitness and it’s nearby. 

Yeah I know, but I don't want them lot to get him. He strengthens them.

• Like 2

Enzo appears to want some ‘beef’ in the midfield, Brooks definitely doesn’t fit this mould. Probably someone will come out of the blue last minute.

Great signing for Saints though. They are definitely the biggest threat to us 

Edited by kingpower

49 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I realise we have our own challenges with injury prone players, but always thought Brooks was very injury prone? Maybe he is over the worst of it, no idea. :dunno:

I believe his problems were more cancer related rather than physical injuries. Hope he can rebuild his career as he certainly has the talent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

So I'm guessing a target has been identified by the club, and are ready to pounce if/when Praet is moved on?

Jeez, I know Rudkin isn't rated by many but do you seriously think we'll let Praet go and then start looking for who to sign with just a few hours to go.

3 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

Still doable to get sensi + 1 more in the door! When does it shut Thursday ? No chance souttar leaves but maybe praet so enzo can bring his big bull dozer in.

I think sensi will be it, great move to get frabizio to tweet the interest to put pressure to get that one done, but cant see him getting a second one in.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I can't see Antwerp being able to afford him (wages wise), they're doing crap in the league and he can sit tight and pick up a much nicer wage from a club in the summer.

makes me wonder if it would be this month or summer, if it happens

• Like 1

We were linked with Nico O’Reilly in the summer if memory serves. Not sure if he’s particularly physical but he’s 6’2” and could conceivably play in one of the two higher roles. Loan in theory should be relatively quick to get through late on too? That’s if we have a space for a loanee now Casadei has cleared off.

Edited by Langston
Spelling

4 hours ago, 1972 Fox said:

I believe his problems were more cancer related rather than physical injuries. Hope he can rebuild his career as he certainly has the talent.

He seems to have dodgy ankles. In the last 6 seasons, he's missed 60 odd games with recurring ankle problems. 

Whilst Sensi is undoubtedly a coup ability wise, can’t help but feel we still lack a physical presence in midfield. With Wilf out we have nothing there really, could be potentially overwhelmed by sides with combative midfielders and/or players technically as good but physically superior (latter not likely to be an issue in this league admittedly).

For all Casadei’s flaws he was a unit and at times he used his strength very well. 

edit: just seen mercury article previous page, good to see, hopefully we can shift Praet and bring another 8 in. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Is assume this second midfielder will just be the Huddersfield lad we’ve been after for a while? Out of contract in the summer so a nominal fee, but need to move Praet on to make it work anyway.