Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

8 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Tanner said O'Hare from Coventry is an alternative option to Sensi for the CM position in this transfer window: 

https://theathletic.com/5220087/2024/01/23/leicester-january-window-maresca/

Would be a decent signing, and the thought is pudding those gobshites is brilliant… :beer:

On 18/01/2024 at 13:48, TommyK said:

Do we need to strength? We're pissing this league and have a big squad. 

We need to get rid of players - as we have done for the last two years. 

We need to be preparing for the future, so yes.

We struggle in transfer windows seemingly taking a long time get deals done, so ideally we do some business this window and the rest in summer.  I dont have faith in us to do everything we need in one summer window.

Also thinking about the last time we went up, we did some cracking signings prior to promotion, including Mahrez and Vardy.

As soon as we confirmed as an EPL club recruitment will be more expensive as well.

I also feel we probably need at least 10 signings to support Enzo, but between now and end of next window we will likely struggle to make 5, and with financial issues, these signings probably need to be shrewd sub 5 million fee's as it wouldnt surprise me if we have less than 50 million to spend.

On 20/01/2024 at 12:39, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So we're now net -2 spaces in the squad since the start of the window (don't quote me saying Luke Thomas unless you can bring a confirmed source saying he's been registered in the squad). 

There's really no excuses for no incomings now. 

Now net -3 squad spaces and still nothing.

• Like 1

As good as it would be to get one over on Cov, realistically, they won't sell him cheap and we keep being told we can't sign anyone until we sell players, so it's highly unlikely we sign O'Hare this window. 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

As good as it would be to get one over on Cov, realistically, they won't sell him cheap and we keep being told we can't sign anyone until we sell players, so it's highly unlikely we sign O'Hare this window. 

They would also risk losing him for nothing in the summer, so may well accept a relatively modest deadline day offer if they thought he wasn't going to sign an extension

6 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

They would also risk losing him for nothing in the summer, so may well accept a relatively modest deadline day offer if they thought he wasn't going to sign an extension

Ah my bad, didn't realise his contract was up. Interesting 

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Ah my bad, didn't realise his contract was up. Interesting 

Yes, he’s clearly got some talent but has injured a while. 

I thought he looked decent against us, however I’ve. It seen a lot of him since. They should have got promoted last season though, given they also had Doyle, Hamer and Gyokeres. This season with the relegated teams being that much stronger; it was always going to be rough on them. 

58 minutes ago, Sly said:

Yes, he’s clearly got some talent but has injured a while. 

I thought he looked decent against us, however I’ve. It seen a lot of him since. They should have got promoted last season though, given they also had Doyle, Hamer and Gyokeres. This season with the relegated teams being that much stronger; it was always going to be rough on them. 

The more I see of Hamer, the more I think what an ideal replacement he would be for Ndidi in the 8 role.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

The more I see of Hamer, the more I think what an ideal replacement he would be for Ndidi in the 8 role.

Definitely one we should target, 4 goal contribution in a really poor Sheffield United is OK.

He will have also had one season to find his feet in the PL.

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Most likely hopefully someone like Amad Diallo that would be perfect.

It wouldn't be Diallo as he's come out publicly and said he wouldn't want to join anyone other than Sunderland again in the champ but he's part of the plans I think for ETH.

13 minutes ago, Lcfcokay said:

what area would the additional incoming to sensi be in? I imagine in midfield? Or cover for Souttar? 

Think Coady and Ben Nelson can cover Souttar leaving. I'd imagine the +1 is higher up the pitch 

• Like 1