Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Same, McAteer is utter pony at the minute in that role.

Would be a dream to mark, never takes his full back on and doesn't have end product. Can't fault his effort mind.

As good as Albrighton was 2nd half today, he's not suited to how we play now, it needs to be a winger who will run at full backs. Mavididi and Fatawu are perfect. 

Manuel Benson at Burnley would be a lovely 6 month pickup.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Same, McAteer is utter pony at the minute in that role.

May want to give the lad a chance to get match fit.

Chuck in a Coventry away with 10 mean and Ipswich after missing 7 weeks.

Don't get me wrong not totally convinced by him and would like another but think you have give players a chance.

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't get me wrong not totally convinced by him and would like another but think you have give players a chance.

That's why I said at the minute. Plenty of strengths to his game, movement and energy being two of them, as well as what appeared to be a natural ability to find spaces for chances.

However his passing, crossing and end product is below standard right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He started off well, so I agree it seems to be an issue with him getting back up to speed.  If only we were winning games comfortably often, then he could get loads of minutes in at end of games.

44 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

McAteer getting called crap at min makes me laugh. He was bang in form before he pulled up in the Blackburn game and was out for weeks. He has not got back in the side due to Abdul’s form and only now is getting sone game time cuz of his suspension. Hardly think that means he should be call pony as the guy above stated or writen off. He’s a talent and will get his chance. 

I said pony at the minute. Don't see what the issue with that is, players go in and out of form and are judged. We only have a small window of evidence on McAteer but there was enough in the early part of the season to suggest he's got plenty of qualities. 

He's showing (at the minute) plenty of weaknesses too, his passing, crossing and ability to take players on is lacking. 

I still think he's got a future at this level, his ability to be found in the box to score looks natural, that cannot be taught and his energy and pressing make the nucleus of a strong player. I don't think he's a 1 v 1 winger, but could see him being useful as an 8 in this system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kp1984 said:

McAteer getting called crap at min makes me laugh. He was bang in form before he pulled up in the Blackburn game and was out for weeks. He has not got back in the side due to Abdul’s form and only now is getting sone game time cuz of his suspension. Hardly think that means he should be call pony as the guy above stated or writen off. He’s a talent and will get his chance. 

You can’t fault McAteer for his work rate and pressing ability, but Ric makes a fair point.

McAteer just isn’t effective enough in 1 vs 1 situations, something which Maresca has stated himself is a key aspect to how he likes his wingers to play.

Mavididi & Fatawu will give you that, McAteer unfortunately won’t.

We could do with better depth on the wings tbh, they’d probably want regular game time, but someone like Zaroury or Benson from Burnley would be absolute perfect for us.

• Like 4