Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

Just now, kingpower said:

Think Coady and Ben Nelson can cover Souttar leaving. I'd imagine the +1 is higher up the pitch 

Yeah true tbf. Just I remember Percy saying we want a left footed cb. But as you say, we have cover at CB

11 minutes ago, Lcfcokay said:

Yeah true tbf. Just I remember Percy saying we want a left footed cb. But as you say, we have cover at CB

Justin and Doyle should be enough for that position. 

I hope it’s another who can play #8 personally. 

• Like 1

This is what Maresca said after Ipswich I believe. I guess he’s referring to wanting another midfielder along with Sensi. 

“We struggle to bring in one (midfielder)! We’ll see if we can bring one. And then if we can bring one, we’ll see if we can bring another one. I don’t know in this moment.”

1 hour ago, kingpower said:

think Stephy needs a bit of competition, the bloke starts and plays nearly every game

Agreed, a LW is definitely a short to medium term priority. Shame Alves hasn't been able to get fit yet.

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I assume we will use our one remaining loan slot before the deadline - but that this will end up being done close to the end of the window once Prem teams know what they’re doing with their squads.

We have 2, as Casadei went back.

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nanasi is the logical choice for me but please type of talented and modestly priced players that would be suitable.

I don't know where Nanasi is from, but that means pineapple in swahili. 🍍 😄 

• Haha 2

Anyone else feel like we're being taken for a ride a bit this window? Start of the window it was "we need to make space in the squad", now we've got 3 spaces available but now the line is "we need to sell someone". Praet playing tomorrow, then we need to sell either him, Ward or Souttar late on in the window to fund any incomings. Probably going in to the last 3rd of the season with 2 empty spots in the squad assuming we can get Sensi over the line. 

Appreciate we're in a difficult spot thanks to our previous mistakes but it just feels a bit off to me.

• Like 1

At the very least we have to replace Casadei with a loan signing. If the Sensi deal still hinges on a permanent outgoing then I think that's very much in the balance.

Looking at who's available might have to be calling in favours. Mahmoud Dahoud at Brighton isn't playing much and was touted as our Tielemans replacement before we got relegated. De Zerbi might let Enzo have him and get him some much needed minutes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

At the very least we have to replace Casadei with a loan signing. If the Sensi deal still hinges on a permanent outgoing then I think that's very much in the balance.

Looking at who's available might have to be calling in favours. Mahmoud Dahoud at Brighton isn't playing much and was touted as our Tielemans replacement before we got relegated. De Zerbi might let Enzo have him and get him some much needed minutes.

Just started getting back from a long term injury, but Jakub Moder is probably more realistic tbf Ric. 

Can’t think of many more realistic options from the Premier League apart from Andrey Santos & Nico O’Reilly.

Could always use Enzo’s Italian connections, the likes of Giovanni Fabbian & Cristian Volpato aren’t getting regular game time in Serie A. 

9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Just started getting back from a long term injury, but Jakub Moder is probably more realistic tbf Ric. 

Can’t think of many more realistic options from the Premier League apart from Andrey Santos & Nico O’Reilly.

Could always use Enzo’s Italian connections, the likes of Giovanni Fabbian & Cristian Volpato aren’t getting regular game time in Serie A. 

Some good shouts there. Santos is the obvious choice and Chelsea owe us, but perhaps they aren't happy with us. O'Reilly was obscene for Man City U18s last season, not sure what's happened with him this season but he looks to have barely played for the U21s.

Kane Taylor is one we should be looking at, contract up in the summer too along with Micah Hamilton.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Was just coming on here to suggest the same thing. Maybe even Baleba at a push?

Enzo will want someone who can be up to speed with his methods quickly, that suggests either Brighton or Man City 

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Was just coming on here to suggest the same thing. Maybe even Baleba at a push?

Enzo will want someone who can be up to speed with his methods quickly, that suggests either Brighton or Man City 

Can’t see the likes of Baleba & Dahoud dropping down to the Championship, would be a pleasant surprise if they did.

Moder surely the most realistic of the trio, I’d happily take him till May. 

Seems to be a little chat that David Brooks could leave Bournemouth on loan this January. I'd like to see us all over that. I do worry that we need to add more physicality to midfield though, with Casadei gone, Wilf is the only midfielder with any real height

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Seems to be a little chat that David Brooks could leave Bournemouth on loan this January. I'd like to see us all over that. I do worry that we need to add more physicality to midfield though, with Casadei gone, Wilf is the only midfielder with any real height

He looked brilliant yesterday, as well. 

I'd be chuffed with him coming in. 

On 25/01/2024 at 14:41, Sambiasso said:

Sensi + 1 In

Praet + 1 out - Souttar Birmingham & Stoke sniffing for a loan.

Thanks for sticking your neck out again, sticking to this prediction with the noise around KDH?