Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Desperately needed a defender and he gives Claudio Molla Wague "Premier League Champions"

Desperately needed reinforcements to get Champions League, gives Brendan Ryan Bennett

I’d add no goalkeeper last January when it was clear to every person that it was a position we desperately needed. 

Just now, ozleicester said:

Absolutely no surprise weve done nothing... we didnt need to.

Im reliably informed we are 10 points clear at the top, playing like unbeatables and are going to piss the league.. why would you spend any money at the expensive time of year, when you get much better value at the midyear sales, especially if you know you are buying for the Prem instead of Champ.

"Why would you spend...when you are buying for the Prem"

Simple answer ... Mahrez.

If, and a big if, you can unearth an unpolished gem at Xmas with half a season to get him up to speed for the next season then that's the optimum time to bring him in.  Sensi isn't unpolished but does need bringing up to speed, and he certainly fitted the "bargain basement" requirement.

Just hope this doesn't upset Enzo too much.

Edited by deep blue
Complete

Last January’s transfer window is partly responsible for the failure this January. Kristiansen and Souttar just under £30m and have been a financial burden this season. No-one is paying what we need for them to help our financial situation out. 

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

If, and a big if, you can unearth an unpolished gem at Xmas with half a season to get him up to speed for the next season then that's the optimum time to bring him in.  Sensi isn't unpolished but does need bringing up to speed, and he certainly fitted the "bargain basement" requirement.

You don’t find gems,like Mahrez,just by snapping your fingers….

plus there was also a few dissenters for over two seasons with Mahrez…

Fatawu,we still need to close the contract & Akgun….question is can we because of

FFP,     close out  1 or 2 of these desired contracts to make them acceptable to the players.

Plus we have Mcateer Nelson,Marcal, Maswanhise,Alves,Braybrooke,Cover, plus some returnees Loanees that are going to need to balance and help our FFP cause.

They will have to replace that ideology of buying some higher skilled fancydan,that will drive us to top 6 PL placing. Why !!! haven’t we season in season out cried out,we should play the youngsters.

Enzo can slowly introduce a couple more,from Bench,or tinker/experiment 5 games down the line or 5 games to go in a couple of positions to prepare them for the PL challenge. So far Mcateer,Marcal,Nelson,B.Cover have played decent roles,this season no disaster…

Academy or young player investment choice,will be the only way forward for many

Clubs Plus these youngsters can’t hide and stay around too long if they show no potential…Like they have in our last few years, Has much as KDH,Chilwell,Thomas,Barnes etc made the break through, tens have been allowed to stay too long and not made the grade. This summer seemed the start of learning a new, due process…Plus we have discoveted we have an exceptional find of (7) potential talented players,that just might make that cut,or help us through that first

PL season back. Add Cannon and Fatawu,potentially Doyle,which would bring the teams avg age down,with unknown but hopefull high potential..

eg: near future..

Mads

Justin  Nelson  Faes  Cover

Winks

KDH Braybrook

Fatawu.   Cannon  Mavididi

balanced against…permatation

Stolarczyk

Ricardo Vestergaard Souttar 
                Ndidi

Maswanhise. Akgun

Praet

Mcateer    Alves.   Marcal

subs.

Albrighton,

Vardy

Daka

Any other 4 from the above

2 teams

So..though I agree there is a growing chasm

between PL & promoted sides,We just might have the

Formula to hold our own…raw unproven talent,with a sprinkle

of experienced old hats..

4 hours ago, deep blue said:

He was a one off. Fatawu could well be someone who elevates to another level, but these players dont grow on trees.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

From the press conference today:

Maresca refuses to talk about Sensi and transfers ahead deal breakdown

Q: Disappointed by the transfer window?

EM: “The first question is usually about injuries! I will answer you now and probably have to say the same again. I’m not talking about and I’m not going to judge it now. We talk about Stoke. Maybe we’ll talk about it later.”

Q: Why did the Sensi deal break down?

EM: “Stoke tomorrow. I love Sensi, but he’s Inter’s player. But Stoke tomorrow.”

Q: Happy with squad?

EM: "We lost Cesare but it is what it is. We’ll find the solutions.”

Sounds like he’ll be fuming if Akgun does his ACL tomorrow. Otherwise it seems no big deal? 

40 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Sounds like he’ll be fuming if Akgun does his ACL tomorrow. Otherwise it seems no big deal? 

It does fortunately give Akgun more of a run in the side, and he's started to find some form as an 8, which is great. As Enzo touched on before, he did want some more physicality in there alongside KDH, which without Ndidi and Casadei we now lack.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

From the press conference today:

Maresca refuses to talk about Sensi and transfers ahead deal breakdown

Q: Disappointed by the transfer window?

EM: “The first question is usually about injuries! I will answer you now and probably have to say the same again. I’m not talking about and I’m not going to judge it now. We talk about Stoke. Maybe we’ll talk about it later.”

Q: Why did the Sensi deal break down?

EM: “Stoke tomorrow. I love Sensi, but he’s Inter’s player. But Stoke tomorrow.”

Q: Happy with squad?

EM: "We lost Cesare but it is what it is. We’ll find the solutions.”

This is exactly how Brendan should of handled the disappointment of last summers window. 

Yes Enzo is dissapointed and angry hes letting people know that with out firebombing team morale. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

"You - Scottish/Australian. Run at him."

Wouldn't it be joyous? Even if it failed, the confusion on opposition players' faces and pundits loss of explanation would just be wonderful.

We kept all our players, and only lost Casadei who wasn't that great anyway.

At least we didn't bow down to Inter and waist £2 million on a free agent that we can get in the summer for nowt.

I'm also pleased we didn't allow Souttar go to a rival either, so all in all it was a good window for us.

We're 11 points clear, leading scorers in the division, with a great manager so need to panic.

On 02/02/2024 at 00:27, HybridFox said:

Common theme with Jack Harrison last year, Sensi this year. The Adrien Silva debacle in the past. Shambles

Jack Harrison shambles... cannot put no blame on anyone bar Leeds. While he was having a medical they decided not to sell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tylesta said:

Jack Harrison shambles... cannot put no blame on anyone bar Leeds. While he was having a medical they decided not to sell.

You can't blame Leeds for us offering him over £100k a week (as quoted by Phil Hay) despite our financial issues thr previous summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You can't blame Leeds for us offering him over £100k a week (as quoted by Phil Hay) despite our financial issues thr previous summer.

Yeah, it's also crazy that we didn't look to spend that kind of money on a goalkeeper. We could have got someone very good for less than what we were willing to pay for Harrison, and likely stayed up. 

The planning was a mess that season. 

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Surprised Roberto Soriano has been without a club since the summer, maybe Enzo will give him a chance for the rest of the season. Was class a few years ago.

I went through a phase of being 'surprised' by out of contract names and was informed a couple of the ones were rapists/in jail.... not sure on Soriano but i've deffo stopped just shouting out random free agents without researching background first these days lollol 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I went through a phase of being 'surprised' by out of contract names and was informed a couple of the ones were rapists/in jail.... not sure on Soriano but i've deffo stopped just shouting out random free agents without researching background first these days lollol 

Hahahahahaaaaa