Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
3 hours ago, TommyK said:

Who have they sold?

Fornals has been sold I think and Benrahma is a loan fee of 5m euros with a buy clause from what I can see and cornet move is dependent on getting in a replacement, just think the fee they got for Rice in the summer was impressive too.

1 minute ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Fornals has been sold I think and Benrahma is a loan fee of 5m euros with a buy clause from what I can see and cornet move is dependent on getting in a replacement, just think the fee they got for Rice in the summer was impressive too.

Benrahma is a £15m obligation in the summer.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

West Ham pay big wages as well, so this is evidence of a club being able to find buyers for their squad players and both parties agree fees and wages that make the deals happen. Dream world.

They arnt afraid to take a hit on a player if it means creating space in the squad, think sometimes we hold to previous values too much

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Benrahma is a £15m obligation in the summer.

What do we normally give at the end of a loan? An option? We need to start doing obligations 

We are in a worse off state coming out of the window then going in. 

Opportunity for the club to really back the manager and reinforce to go on to create a truly remarkable season. I have no doubt Enzo will do it, but Rudkin is trying his absolute best to make life difficult.

Edited by Gav_LCFC14
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

We are in a worse off state coming out of the window then going in. 

Opportunity for the club to really back the manager and reinforce to go on to create a truly remarkable season. I have no doubt Enzo will do it, but Rudkin is trying his absolute best to make life difficult for him.

Utter mismanagement for the suits.

Kept all our main players.. massively backed the manager in the summer

Making sure we go in to the next season having not broken rules to ensure no punishment... not the end of the world 

• Like 3

The biggest risk to our season has always been and still is, injuries. Ndidi out and we can very ill afford KDH or Winks to go down injured without looking very light.

Disappointed we didn’t get an extra CM for security, but I’ve no idea whether Sensi would have been that man. Massive positive that we’ve kept hold of KDH as it would have been criminally negligent if we’d lost him in a January window when we’re still top of the Championship 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

I now have the fear that we'll get to the tail end of the season and Abdul and Yunus will suddenly not be selected any more, to avoid triggering appearance based obligatory purchase options.

Cant see that happening, Enzo would quit if Rudkin n co told him he could not select players currently at the club due to cash issues.

My thoughts on this window is the higher ups think we are going up and are against splashing the cash.

Edited by ithuriel

It is clear that most clubs have had to be extra cautious with transfers - the spend has been low compared to previous years. 

I do feel that the past decade or so of the "deadline day" and transfer window circus, often propagated by sports media, will slowly fizzle - real football isn't football manager whereby you're "good" if you buy several new players every 6m and spend loads cash. This nonsense about who has "won" the transfer window!

Yes Leicester have made mistakes, yes we needed a CM, but we have to be pragmatic and not go OTT with the reactions.

Those clubs that change half their team every 6m with dubious owners and financial assets are not to be envied. 

• Like 1

Absolutely no surprise weve done nothing... we didnt need to.

Im reliably informed we are 10 points clear at the top, playing like unbeatables and are going to piss the league.. why would you spend any money at the expensive time of year, when you get much better value at the midyear sales, especially if you know you are buying for the Prem instead of Champ.

• Like 1

Didn’t need to sign anyone, I’m happy with the squad and at full strength it’s still the strongest squad along with Southampton. Hopefully it means the likes of Alves may get a chance when he’s fit which is something I’d be far more excited about. 

• Like 1

I don’t think this signing was integral to us getting out the division I’m just concerned what Enzo must be thinking, especially ahead of another rebuild that will need to be done in the Summer should we gain promotion. 

just can’t quite understand why you would pay to charter a plane, bring a player across and do a medical without first shaking hands with Inter on the terms of the deal. 

Edited by kingpower

I think this transfer window has been pretty poor for most clubs, there was no big last minute buy from any of the big boys, I think everyone is now being extra cautious.

Yes I’m disappointed we didn’t get anyone, but it gives us a chance to blood some of the youngsters & see what they’re about.

Id rather us have a reshuffle in the summer we can get some ridiculous wages off the books & we will hopefully be spending for the prem & not the champ!

I have three big concerns following this window:

1) For all his detractors, Casadei was an option, and has scored goals for us. We now don't have him, so we are weaker than when we started the season, as Ndidi is also out until April.

2) How is it that we can't even afford a loan to at least get a body in for CM cover? Casadei has gone back, so his wages/fee have gone. How do we have even less funds to play with than the start of the season if we've spent nothing and technically should have lower outgoings?

3) What exactly does this mean for the summer? Can we actually sign anyone? Can we even take up Fatawu's purchase option? Yunus'? How are we going to replace the 6 or so outgoing squad members who are out of contract if we have no funds? If we're that close to the brink with PSR or whatever it's called, can we afford to replace those players other than in terms of wages?

What a shambles . Another botched transfer and the fact we couldn’t afford £2 m shows the real state of our finances .

Souttar , Ward , Nacho - still bleeding  their ridiculous wages out of the club . 
A terrible window . Heads should roll 

Despite the happy clapping we’ve gone backwards this January. Let’s hope the ten point cushion is enough (I think it is and if the risk was calculated, in this regard it will pay off)  and that we haven’t soured relations with our exceptional manager (that’s the real concern).

I would imagine any period of stagnation, any missed opportunity, any dropping of the ball would be frustrating to someone 100% focussed on continual improvement. That’s my biggest worry - that he’ll feel that we don’t match his ambitions / plans. 

8 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Common theme with Jack Harrison last year, Sensi this year. The Adrien Silva debacle in the past. Shambles

Desperately needed a defender and he gives Claudio Molla Wague "Premier League Champions"

Desperately needed reinforcements to get Champions League, gives Brendan Ryan Bennett

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kingpower said:

I don’t think this signing was integral to us getting out the division I’m just concerned what Enzo must be thinking, especially ahead of another rebuild that will need to be done in the Summer should we gain promotion. 

just can’t quite understand why you would pay to charter a plane, bring a player across and do a medical without first shaking hands with Inter on the terms of the deal. 

We probably agreed a certain structure in the belief that we would be selling another player in our squad and could therefore afford it. When that sale failed to materialize, we frantically tried to get Inter to renegotiate terms but by this point they were completely fed up with us and told us where to stick it. However we had to get Sensi over for the medical on the off chance that we'd be able to jettison Praet, Souttar or whoever. It didn't work out, but we'd looked equally as stupid if we did manage to flog somebody but couldn't sign Sensi because we hadn't moved in time...