Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mungongo

Valentin Barco

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I’d be up for this but not at the expense of the development of Alves in the first team. 

Realistically Alves is absolutely no where near the championship squad. He's injured already as everyone seems to do post ACL he just needs to find his feet for the rest of the season with youth squad and training with first team. He's injured already and that is what happened with JJ Ricardo matty james etc so no point in trying to rush him and get him first team ready in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Realistically Alves is absolutely no where near the championship squad. He's injured already as everyone seems to do post ACL he just needs to find his feet for the rest of the season with youth squad and training with first team. He's injured already and that is what happened with JJ Ricardo matty james etc so no point in trying to rush him and get him first team ready in my opinion.

I’m led to believe the opposite is true. Although, admittedly, I’ve not heard anything about a new injury. Last I heard was he had completed 90 minutes. 

Edited by An Away Move

3 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I’m led to believe the opposite is true. Although, admittedly, I’ve not heard anything about a new injury. Last I heard was he had completed 90 minutes. 

Maresca said yesterday he's got a minor muscular injury and out for 2 weeks. He said he'd likely have been involved these last 2 games where we've had injury issues. If he can get fit and firing then he'll be in the squad during AFCON.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Brighton seem to be what we used to be when it comes to transfers. Hopefully we go back to that 

They have nailed the South American Market, something we've never done for some reason. 

24 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Brighton seem to be what we used to be when it comes to transfers. Hopefully we go back to that 

Wed have ended up paying double that even with a release clause.

35 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

I think they're miles ahead of what we've ever been, we picked up a few gems in the Championship and first season in the Prem, that's it....

Feel like some people get really carried away with us being some sort of shit hot club with signings.

We do seem to be getting it right this season, but next season will be the real test. 

Nice to see us targeting Scandi though, be good to corner that market.

• Like 4

On 07/01/2024 at 03:48, South Shire Fox said:

Weve sent all our scouts to the West Midlands to watch Aston Villa youth games unfortunately 

What’s more funny about this, is that villa keep producing top talent… but we only go after the crap ones they don’t want.

Philogene and finn aziz have both gone for tiny fees. Ramsey and archer would have been available last year at a fair price. chukewemba (i’m not looking up the spelling) went for free. 

They’ve got a great acadamy set up, so i can see why we’re sniffing. But we’ve just done it poorly