Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Currently having a row with a woman on FB who is trying to explain the benefits of having a membership. Her points so far are that they are 'only' £40, and you get money off when you spend yet more money at the club shop :rolleyes:

Absolute clown, but sadly not alone in her way of defending the club.

You can lead a donkey to water but you can’t make it think. 

Interesting thread. I hadn’t realised that tickets were going unsold due to the poor decisions from the club. I just assumed it was always sold out by season tickets or members so never on general sale.

Similar to a lot of people for me. I used to go home and away and did work down at the club on a match day (ironically in the sub ticket offices for walk up tickets). After uni, life happened, moved away, married etc and stopped as i had other things to do. Like many, I would like to go when I can. For a while that worked but in the last few years I have just given up and will watch via other means as so many others do.

The membership thing is just a scam. Personally it is something I’ll never do. Of course being Leicester is ingrained in all of us and will never change but in a similar position to others, I have a daughter who may when old enough, want to go and watch football (she may also not). If she does, I have zero interest trying to take her to see Leicester. Rotherham is close by and much more accessible so she can go to them instead. And there is just one more young person who will never be a Leicester fan as I won’t introduce it to her. 

For myself, I have no interest giving the club any of my money any more whether that is ticket or merchandise. And I think it’s got to the point they could do a u-turn and my view wouldn’t change unless the ownership does.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Currently having a row with a woman on FB who is trying to explain the benefits of having a membership. Her points so far are that they are 'only' £40, and you get money off when you spend yet more money at the club shop :rolleyes:

Irony being of course - there’s no harm in having a membership that entitles you to those benefits and priority over others but to be the preceding qualification to buy a ticket is plain wrong 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Interesting thread. I hadn’t realised that tickets were going unsold due to the poor decisions from the club. I just assumed it was always sold out by season tickets or members so never on general sale.

Similar to a lot of people for me. I used to go home and away and did work down at the club on a match day (ironically in the sub ticket offices for walk up tickets). After uni, life happened, moved away, married etc and stopped as i had other things to do. Like many, I would like to go when I can. For a while that worked but in the last few years I have just given up and will watch via other means as so many others do.

The membership thing is just a scam. Personally it is something I’ll never do. Of course being Leicester is ingrained in all of us and will never change but in a similar position to others, I have a daughter who may when old enough, want to go and watch football (she may also not). If she does, I have zero interest trying to take her to see Leicester. Rotherham is close by and much more accessible so she can go to them instead. And there is just one more young person who will never be a Leicester fan as I won’t introduce it to her. 

For myself, I have no interest giving the club any of my money any more whether that is ticket or merchandise. And I think it’s got to the point they could do a u-turn and my view wouldn’t change unless the ownership does.

I can relate to a lot of what you've said here.

The nearest clubs to us are probably MKDons, Wycombe, and Luton but I can't stomach the thought of my lad growing up being a fan of one of those clubs.

He's Leicester whether he likes it or not (even if that means me going against all my principles and forking out for memberships just so I can take him)

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Irony being of course - there’s no harm in having a membership that entitles you to those benefits and priority over others but to be the preceding qualification to buy a ticket is plain wrong 

Agreed. The initial point though was about general sale, or the lack of, and the paywall which the membership has become. I said there are no benefits to buying a membership other than spending more money to buy a ticket, and her response was, you get money off at the club shop when you spend yet more money lol

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I can relate to a lot of what you've said here.

The nearest clubs to us are probably MKDons, Wycombe, and Luton but I can't stomach the thought of my lad growing up being a fan of one of those clubs.

He's Leicester whether he likes it or not (even if that means me going against all my principles and forking out for memberships just so I can take him)

Wycombe are pretty harmless and inoffensive no?

Luckily, we have Rotherham, Sheff Utd and Wednesday as well as the two oldest clubs in Sheffield FC and Hallam FC, all of who are inoffensive (yes even Utd and Wednesday) so plenty of local options for my little one if she wants. 

It was never a conscious decision I made, never made with any anger. I just gave up and stopped caring. I haven’t given the club any money in a long time and to be honest, even stopped following any of club socials over a year ago.  

• Like 2

Any idea how many members there are? Let’s say 10,000 , that’s £400k a year ,not even £8k a week. Surely given wages of players and all the benefits of attracting new fans, retaining old etc the income barely makes a difference to the club

playing devils advocate for a moment, if we believe the security element , give memberships for free or say £5 per person to cover any costs of the card , postage etc

Edited by Denzel the fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Yep. 

The membership scheme, ticket cost, ticket allocation, treatment of genuine fans, and the abject absence of communication is why I have nothing to do with KPFC.

a

And until others do the same absolutely nothing will change. They can bitch all they like but nobody is listening: Vote with your wallets, go non-league.

Exactly this.....i'm doing the same.Moved up to Amble a couple of months ago and now follow Amble FC (Bluefin Ins 3rd div)....allthough i don't get the same connection with the club(but i suppose the longer i live here i will)It's just so much easier and nicer.Doub't i'll go to another LCFC home game again.

• Like 2

It is totally counter productive. If every game was selling out at members level then there is no real debate but 4k empty seats v Millwall and Leeds fans in home sections suggest otherwise.

The club should be about as many fans going as possible, whether that is once a season or every week. Having a general sale facility hurts nobody. Pathetic.

• Like 1

What's TOPS email. Perhaps he needs to see this. I doubt very much he realizes how we feel.

That's even if it's a decision he's made.

Stinks very much of a middle management decision. His father could not do enough for the community and fans. This don't feel like something he would have done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

What's TOPS email. Perhaps he needs to see this. I doubt very much he realizes how we feel.

That's even if it's a decision he's made.

Stinks very much of a middle management decision. His father could not do enough for the community and fans. This don't feel like something he would have done.

lol Ok Karen

Edited by Adster

4 hours ago, Union FS said:

We've had a response from the club which is deeply unsatisfactory to us – particularly given scores of fans have since come forward to share their own struggles getting tickets for games that have not sold out. 

We’ll continue to push for fans' rights to attend games in our ongoing discussion with the club and would encourage everyone who shares our view to make their feelings clear to LCFC.

Do you guys have any direct contact with @Foxes_Trust or any off the other supporters groups?

Are they willing to jump on board and make a statement?

The longer this goes on, the more it will impact the club moving forwards. If I wasn’t introduced to the club going to the odd game here and there ages 7-10 then I may not have become hooked and got a season ticket and become obsessed! In an age where there are a lot of other exciting and interesting ways of spending your time, we are in serious danger of losing a whole generation of supporters, who have been shut out.

Aside from visiting family, a return to the KP is the only reason I’d travel back to England - I haven’t been back since pre covid, but I always try and maximise my trip with the most amount of games in that period as possible. I’d be more than a little annoyed as a former home and away every week following the lads supporter if I couldn’t get tickets - especially if there are empty seats in the stadium.

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Do you guys have any direct contact with @Foxes_Trust or any off the other supporters groups?

Are they willing to jump on board and make a statement?

The longer this goes on, the more it will impact the club moving forwards. If I wasn’t introduced to the club going to the odd game here and there ages 7-10 then I may not have become hooked and got a season ticket and become obsessed! In an age where there are a lot of other exciting and interesting ways of spending your time, we are in serious danger of losing a whole generation of supporters, who have been shut out.

Aside from visiting family, a return to the KP is the only reason I’d travel back to England - I haven’t been back since pre covid, but I always try and maximise my trip with the most amount of games in that period as possible. I’d be more than a little annoyed as a former home and away every week following the lads supporter if I couldn’t get tickets - especially if there are empty seats in the stadium.

The Foxes Trust is defunct unfortunately.

I would hazard a guess that Union FS respect what they were first set up to achieve, want to keep ties cordial given they’re a fellow supporters group, but can rely on them for absolutely nothing by way of any meaningful impact.

The power of individual fans firing off emails will hold more sway here than anything the Foxes Trust feebly do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Some fans act towards the club as if they were devotees of a cult. I remember seeing a documentary years ago about Noel Stanton who was the leader of The Jesus Army based at Bugbrooke in Northamptonshire. Apart from the general weirdness and dodgy behaviours that formed the main focus of the programme it was reported that he issued an edict to the effect that no one but him was allowed to eat cheese on toast. Fvck that ! If the club sent out such a prohibition based on an assertion that abstinence by supporters would benefit team performances  I have no doubt that there are those that would blindly follow it and urge and doubters to follow suit. As for me, I’d have to tell the club to jog on as there aren’t many better things in life than some generously buttered cheese on toast. 

• Like 1

Surely the club will have to rethink with 8,000 new seats in the east stand

It makes sense to have a bigger pool of supporters attending matches now if we're going to fill a 40,000 stadium capacity in the future? 

If there is  membership scheme it should be a proper one making it easy for far away fans, those on a budget, those who can only attend certain games to attend - Just because they don't have a season ticket or can't afford a membership do not mean they are not real fans and we need to gerrumin ASAP. 

• Like 2

Wanted to buy a ticket for my brother for Christmas, he hasn’t got a membership I have. This scheme has made it impossible for me to do that and do I really have to buy him a membership to get him one ticket. In the end the club looses as no ticket is bought. 
I bet this has happened a few thousand times. 

• Like 4