Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Thats my issue with none league Leicestershire sides is I need something with an atmosphere to enjoy football. Nothing quite is big enough for that yet.

Yea, while watching Nuneaton Town in the National league a few years back ( relative played for them) they were getting crowds of 800 - 1000 + .

This along with a decent terrace and big away followings from the likes of Luton, Grimsby, Lincoln etc made feel just about right for someone used to watching only Leicester. 

I've always wondered what crowds a decent Leicester based  Non league side would get . !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, los dedos said:

Yea, while watching Nuneaton Town in the National league a few years back ( relative played for them) they were getting crowds of 800 - 1000 + .

This along with a decent terrace and big away followings from the likes of Luton, Grimsby, Lincoln etc made feel just about right for someone used to watching only Leicester. 

I've always wondered what crowds a decent Leicester based  Non league side would get . !

I think you'd see a couple of thousand easily. The Coalville example is great as they were regularly seeing crowds of 7-800 in a town with poor transport links. Even took around 300 to Macclesfield last week 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, los dedos said:

Coalville feels just about big enough that it's not a Sunday league  match and on a good day can have decent atmosphere. 

Also the novelty of having a pint while the games on helps .

This.

20 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Genuine question but what are the best local non-league teams to go and watch and just have a bit of that authentic football feeling?

Fed up with top level football at the minute, it just feels like it's lost its soul and I don't think I've ever felt so disconnected to Leicester in my 30-odd years of supporting them either. Add in the Super league nonsense, the current EPL/EFL money/deal thing going on at the minute, FFP and all that, the standard of reffing and VAR - it's not the same game I grew up loving and I have a feeling it's the same for a lot of fans around the country at the minute too.

Coalville as others have said is the biggest.

Being South Leicester, my closest is Oadby Town (horrendous) then Harborough (who are doing quite well this year). Was looking myself at this sort of thing, might take me lad Oadby next weekend.

1 hour ago, snoopy87 said:

Being South Leicester, my closest is Oadby Town (horrendous) then Harborough (who are doing quite well this year). Was looking myself at this sort of thing, might take me lad Oadby next weekend.

You are aware Oadby play at Brauny now? 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

You are aware Oadby play at Brauny now? 

I am now!

How long ago did they leave Wigston Road? Shows how long its been since I last went :(

Edited by snoopy87

2 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

I am now!

How long ago did they leave Wigston Road? Shows how long its been since I last went :(

It’s a long story. Pre COVID I believe. 

Aylestone Park is one of my preferred places to watch football in the city. Ground is a bit more developed and a decent team for the level. 

6 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Harborough sometimes do discounts for LCFC season ticket holders.

On the topic of local non-league, really enjoyed heading to Loughborough Dynamo more lately, barely an atmosphere but a nice group of regulars and getting to have a pint whilst watching mitigates that

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s a long story. Pre COVID I believe. 

Aylestone Park is one of my preferred places to watch football in the city. Ground is a bit more developed and a decent team for the level. 

Ended up there the other week for the first time, looks top notch, the original Leicester City Ladies side from the 60s play there atm too

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

Strangest one recently was while at Beaumont Leys shopping centre, hearing football chanting and a drummer . 

Turns out it was coming from Anstey Nomads .😁

Sometimes they use the demont uni pitches  at Beaumont Leys if the Anstey pitch is waterlogged

• Like 1

23 hours ago, los dedos said:

I've always wondered what crowds a decent Leicester based  Non league side would get

We have a precedent from the 80s and 90s.. Leicester United, Shepshed and Hinckley Athletic were the three main teams. 

United's crowds were appalling. 100-300. Leicester is (sounds counter intuitive) too big to support a non league team. In those days, the senior league was well supported. Oadby, Wigston Town, Friar Lane, Highfield Rangers, Birstall, Anstey Nomads and out of town  Ibstock, Stapenhill would all pull in 100-200 each. 

Shepshed and Hinckley had whole towns behind them and would vary from 200-500. 

Fwiw, I think the Dovecote at Shepshed is nigh on non league.ground perfection..I guess they've been usurped by Coalville nowadays though. 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

Anyone know when City started to despise its own supporters? 

I can't think beyond the charity shield, when the club did everything they possibly could to avoid selling tickets to that, and pumped the entire machine in favour of Villarreal friendly tickets at home. It was dripping hatred for the fans from that day forth. 

Or were the incidents prior? 

Edit; certainly wasn't there for the first charity shield, when we shifted 36k tickets absolutely hassle free

Edit edit; the nadir must've been the European campaign after charity shield win, where in Warsaw the club would've happily driven the 500 to Auschwitz and gassed us

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Sometimes they use the demont uni pitches  at Beaumont Leys if the Anstey pitch is waterlogged

Don't think they have done this season. Maybe to do with playing in a higher division. 

This one was definitely been played in Anstey though .😁

52 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We have a precedent from the 80s and 90s.. Leicester United, Shepshed and Hinckley Athletic were the three main teams. 

United's crowds were appalling. 100-300. Leicester is (sounds counter intuitive) too big to support a non league team. In those days, the senior league was well supported. Oadby, Wigston Town, Friar Lane, Highfield Rangers, Birstall, Anstey Nomads and out of town  Ibstock, Stapenhill would all pull in 100-200 each. 

Shepshed and Hinckley had whole towns behind them and would vary from 200-500. 

Fwiw, I think the Dovecote at Shepshed is nigh on non league.ground perfection..I guess they've been usurped by Coalville nowadays though. 

My parents house used to back on to the Athletics ground. Was great as a youngster just nipping over the fence to watch the games mid week. Was some cracking Boxing day matches down there. Would pull in 600-800 easily. 

Remember it well when Hinckley United played Brentford in the FA cup at middlefield lane and lawro and Lineker were basically sitting in my parents garden! 

Worst thing they ever did was move to Leicester Road! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Don't think they have done this season. Maybe to do with playing in a higher division. 

This one was definitely been played in Anstey though .😁

Yep. Could switch it at Step 5. Not allowed a cage pitch at Step 4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

The FA cup bus saga that was found to be the club telling porkies to the support.

That reminds me of the Watford debacle where fans camped outside for tickets for the second leg only for them to have less than expected on sale because they'd given a few away, so fans camped out overnight for nothing.

I don't think it's as recent as we think.

38 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The club employing a third party last year to scan ‘negative’ social media posts and dish out bans from this was absolutely wild of them.

Does show a glimpse of the culture down there.

Was this that weird spell of any negative twitter posts led to bans? 

It hurts how out of touch aspects of this club are