Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

Very few regulars near me yesterday. Some may have moved, some may have moved to ours from other sections but I reckon a fair few were first timers or from general sale.

Would've been great to sell out but we've barely ever sold out FA Cup home games in the 28 or so years I've been attending.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-cheat-code-shows-9063107

SPORTOPINION

By

Jordan Blackwell

16:43, 28 JAN 2024

On Saturday, following campaigns by fan groups Union FS and Foxes Trust and a decision by the club, Leicester locals without booking histories were able to buy tickets to the game. There were a handful of kids there who were attending their first-ever match at the King Power Stadium. They got to witness a victory, and a special goal created and scored by two of the club’s greatest-ever players.

It was amazing, finally got to drag a couple of my mates who are getting into football to a game and show them just what this club means to me. Combine that with all the kids getting to experience their first games at the KP and be able to have a form of booking history without paying for some scam membership each year and we're really starting to get on the right track.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-cheat-code-shows-9063107

SPORTOPINION

By

Jordan Blackwell

16:43, 28 JAN 2024

On Saturday, following campaigns by fan groups Union FS and Foxes Trust and a decision by the club, Leicester locals without booking histories were able to buy tickets to the game. There were a handful of kids there who were attending their first-ever match at the King Power Stadium. They got to witness a victory, and a special goal created and scored by two of the club’s greatest-ever players.

A handful? 

Is this bloke a bit broken? 

9 hours ago, Lako42 said:

A handful? 

Is this bloke a bit broken? 

A bit disingenuous especially as it was a positive report. Sure there was more than a handful of kids there but he has no way of knowing how many were attending their first game.

11 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Well done to Union FS and Foxes Trust. It goes to show that the club can and will budge on issues that are raised with them. Shame the next round of the Cup is away.

I support that general sale should be available for games but why all the congratulations for the cup game? The cup games always are general sale, nothing has been changed on that regard 

• Like 3

I realise in the absence of hard data we are all going off anecdotal experience.

Just going off what I’m familiar with, I thought the biggest reason for a lack of sellout was STHs not turning up.

I would also say though that 28K isn’t actually that bad for a 4th round tie against a team in the Championship.

It’s an earlier round, but if you look at the 3rd round attendances for Championship clubs they were appalling. 

General sale can never be a bad thing.  

I go regularly but my brother hasn't been for years.  He's got one for tomorrow through general sale whereas normally it would be an empty seat.  Who knows, maybe he will get the bug again.   Good work ufs and foxes trust.  

• Like 1

I have any number of family members that could easily be persuaded to turn up with me at relatively (sorry) short notice because of a more imaginative attitude to General Sale. 

Oh and 28k for Birmingham at home in the FA Cup is a really good attendance, however it has come about. 

• Like 2

Sat in the KOP in my season ticket for over 10 years now. Went on Saturday as well in our usual seats, and didn't recognise anyone around us. I honestly have got to say that the atmosphere was far better, with a lot of people singing, clapping, and getting involved. 

Now I would never speak badly of the people usually around us in their season tickets, because they have been going through the thick and thin to games, home and away. But I do think something needs to be done more to encourage fans to create that atmosphere we had on Saturday. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

I realise in the absence of hard data we are all going off anecdotal experience.

Just going off what I’m familiar with, I thought the biggest reason for a lack of sellout was STHs not turning up.

I would also say though that 28K isn’t actually that bad for a 4th round tie against a team in the Championship.

It’s an earlier round, but if you look at the 3rd round attendances for Championship clubs they were appalling. 

UFS and the Trust have a follow up meeting after Swansea I beleive so I guess the question will be asked. 

Then I guess that could hopefully be shared. Fingers crossed that won't be considered too "hostile" :giggle:

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

7 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I support that general sale should be available for games but why all the congratulations for the cup game? The cup games always are general sale, nothing has been changed on that regard 

The cup game always were on general sale, as were all the League games after Members had their period of selling.  

But that's all changed this season.  The club had got it into their heads that General Sale was bad, bad, bad.    That's what the problem was.

Hence UFS and Foxes Trust having to petition the club, to get their brains back in order.  

And so Saturday was a small step back in the right direction.

• Like 1

Got my tickets for Sheff Wed at home. One minor gripe is that I’ve had to buy mine and my mates in the same transaction as it won’t let me purchase a single ticket next to another free seat.