Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

On 30/01/2024 at 15:17, Durnerz said:

Got my tickets for Sheff Wed at home. One minor gripe is that I’ve had to buy mine and my mates in the same transaction as it won’t let me purchase a single ticket next to another free seat. 

I would always buy for mates in one transaction, because it guarantees you sit together.    If you all buy individually, any random person could buy one of the tickets while you were all trying to buy.  

The system not allowing you to leave single tickets is also in general better for other people, most of whom don’t want to sit on their own.   

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Very much doubt it will go to general.

Annoying. If that's the case I have a horrible feeling they will judge general sale on a cup match (which always tend to have lower attendances) and two Tuesday night games, say the demand wasn't there and then not bother again.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Annoying. If that's the case I have a horrible feeling they will judge general sale on a cup match (which always tend to have lower attendances) and two Tuesday night games, say the demand wasn't there and then not bother again.

Middlesbrough game is pretty much sold out though, so the club will see no need to put it on general sale. It hasn't even gone to booking history. They should put every match to booking history if not sold out, like this game. Otherwise you will end up with empty seats. If tickets are available 3 days before a match there is no excuse to not at least drop it to booking history. If tickets left on the day, maybe even allow general sale (walk up and buy).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Who is going to check though? If you’ve spent seasons being barred from buying a ticket because you refuse to buy a membership, you won’t be pulling up the ticket site hoping to find one for sale. 

It needs to be clearly communicated and this is only an absolute minimum requirement that the club should apply. Ideally it's much sooner 

Can't work out if it's good that it's not just our club, or bad that the stupid practice goes into other sports?

Here's a comment from someone after last nights Hull FC v Hull KR Rugby League match:

"what a shit show , hull fc get ya act together 1st wont let me buy tickets because i dont have previous purchases (so they dont want new fans ehy?) im not one but am not on record as a pass holder , 5000 empty seats , good choice there boys , then they put in a performance like this , i think they were saving me money ....like , trust me you dont wanna pay for what we are about to do here ......"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

With General Sale available on Tuesday, we always felt this game would be unlikely. but will be pushing for another 3pm Saturday kick off, but in the League (so QPR is next one that UFS & FT have discussed lobbying for)

Be a safety issue there due to all of the Leicestershire based QPR fans

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Every single match should be on general sale, three days before the match. If it's sold out prior, it's sold out. 

Just keep some consistency, so punters are braced and briefed to look for tickets at a certain time point. 

If there is one single unsold ticket for any game and it hasn't gone to general sale, it's an absolute crime. 

I'm glad we are of a mind on this - life is costly enough without being treated as a cash cow by the club, and yet ironically they then don't want to squeeze every last ticket sale.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Every single match should be on general sale, three days before the match. If it's sold out prior, it's sold out. 

Just keep some consistency, so punters are braced and briefed to look for tickets at a certain time point. 

If there is one single unsold ticket for any game and it hasn't gone to general sale, it's an absolute crime. 

I live in London now and I remember buying a single ticket on gen sale for Arsenal at Home in 2016 with 24hrs notice literally just after we won the league no issues. 

but I can’t for Boro at home in the championship??

30 minutes ago, Richard said:

I live in London now and I remember buying a single ticket on gen sale for Arsenal at Home in 2016 with 24hrs notice literally just after we won the league no issues. 

but I can’t for Boro at home in the championship??

It's worth keeping shining a light on this absurd policy. It's all just so mean spirited and lacking in business logic. 

Totally understand there ARE certain games  that would need to be members only or booking history only....due to high demand or security; Man U. Forest, Cov. Liverpool etc 

But any other game, what's the issue?

• Like 4

Bizarre that they don’t want fans on seats. There’s no real excuse for any game not to be general sale a week before. If a member hasn’t secured a ticket by then, then it should be fair game.

Did me a favour today though, was going to buy a ticket if they’d gone to general. Saved me a few quid.

On 17/02/2024 at 11:58, Paninistickers said:

The club has never been more popular than the last decade. The 90s and 2000 saw significant excursions to Wembley that, even though it couldn't be replicated at Filbert St, showed the potential fanbase. Then we had the move across followed by a fairly barren decade where we barely sold out a game, including under this ownership. The last 10 years saw us grow hugely and the fanbase expand.

If, for example, we had been selling out at members for generations then I could understand this policy but we certainly haven't and this season has seen crowds below 30k with members not filling the remaining places.

A truly bizarre policy. You should aim to get as many people in as possible- you might need them down the line. We might not always be the number one attraction.

• Like 3

I get the need for general sale, but it opens it up to the potential of having away fans picking them up without a membership. So I can imagine the club would be sceptical in doing it. But seeing empty seats every game is depressing. 

The club could allow members to have a guest ticket like STHs do if for instance there's still tickets available on the run up to the game. 

Edited by emmo1987
Bit more info

7 hours ago, emmo1987 said:

I get the need for general sale, but it opens it up to the potential of having away fans picking them up without a membership. So I can imagine the club would be sceptical in doing it. But seeing empty seats every game is depressing. 

The club could allow members to have a guest ticket like STHs do if for instance there's still tickets available on the run up to the game. 

QPR game - members could have a guest ticket since last Monday, taken from the LCFC ticket page...

Season Ticket Holder Guest* | 12 February
Fox Member Guest* | 12 February

9 hours ago, Corky said:

The club has never been more popular than the last decade. The 90s and 2000 saw significant excursions to Wembley that, even though it couldn't be replicated at Filbert St, showed the potential fanbase. Then we had the move across followed by a fairly barren decade where we barely sold out a game, including under this ownership. The last 10 years saw us grow hugely and the fanbase expand.

If, for example, we had been selling out at members for generations then I could understand this policy but we certainly haven't and this season has seen crowds below 30k with members not filling the remaining places.

A truly bizarre policy. You should aim to get as many people in as possible- you might need them down the line. We might not always be the number one attraction.

The ones missing out are likely to young uns and those that stopped going regularly because of starting a family