Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

8 hours ago, emmo1987 said:

I get the need for general sale, but it opens it up to the potential of having away fans picking them up without a membership. So I can imagine the club would be sceptical in doing it. But seeing empty seats every game is depressing. 

The club could allow members to have a guest ticket like STHs do if for instance there's still tickets available on the run up to the game. 

The majority of away ends haven't sold out this season, even Boro had about 200 leftover tickets. The only risks would have been Leeds, Cov, maybe Sunderland or Wednesday but we're not talking about Napoli or some Dutch nutters, they're low-grade Championship fixtures available on the telly and club TV stations.

We've had Hudds, Rotherham & Watford down here this season with empty blocks and thousands of unsold tickets. I've seen Prem clubs like West Ham doing kids for a quid this season. Games should have been on General sale and even if we don't offer KFAQ then you give the unsold away blocks to local schools and youth clubs. The PA and marketing side of this club has been a shambles for years, it's like it's run by rejects from the Apprentice with zero business or commercial nous between them.

• Like 2

Makes me sick the way our club behaves regarding supporters getting tickets for games that are nowhere near 'sold out '....

I've been trying (with no success) to source two tickets so I can take my 8 year old Grandson, who's autistic to see his first game!.. bless him, he so wants to try to attend a game despite his disability. I approached the club but have had no real positive response apart from..leave it with us (this is for the QPR game!).  They've already told me that it's highly unlikely that tickets for this game will go on general sale!!!!   But I know the ground will have loads of empty seats come match day!

I've been a Leicester fan for 60 years and I can tell you now if they can't be bothered or don't want to help source 2 tickets for this game under these circumstances then I'm done with the club!!!

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I assumed that they didn't put Boro on general as Boro had sold out the away end and away fans would then go in the home areas. But they hadn't sold a good chunk nearest the Family stand. 

Pretty shameful really not to have put it on general. 

I don't think it even went on sale to fans with a purchase history either unless it happened right at the death but I was hoping to go to this one (in hindsight not that gutted I missed it) but no option to anyway. Out of principle now I am not paying for a membership.

In the end it's me that loses out but when at a time when everything else in life is costing me more and more I just cannot justify it and will now likely only be going down on the off chance the club is feeling generous to sell to us paupers. 

I just noticed this on the QPR web site from a week or so ago, re this Saturday's match.   I'm jealous ......................

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/february/20/tickets-leicester-away/

IMPORTANT TICKETING UPDATE: Following consultation with our Supporters’ Consultation Committee, please be aware of the following changes for away ticket sales which came into effect last season:

o   20% of each away ticket allocation will be held back to be sold on general sale
 o   Loyalty Point windows will still be used for away ticket sales prior to general sale period
 o   General sale tickets will become available when the Loyalty Points window closes or the first 80% of tickets sell out
 o   Supporters registered on the 2023/24 away tickets scheme will not be affected by the changes and will have their away tickets processed as normal

TICKETS: Now on general sale (6 per person).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

No games on general sale since the 2 Tuesday evening games with Swansea and Sheff W and the FA Cup game with Brum. No word from the club if they'll do anymore. Kind of done with it atm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Remarkable that a club so desperate for money is equally desperate to turn away potential new fans.

I just cannot work out the logic. 

Surely they want fans to come in and fill the stadium? General sale would allow that. Be it young, old, first time, regular attendee etc. Not sure why they persist with the 'become a member then we'll give you a chance of getting a ticket'. Do other clubs even do this?

Would love to see the numbers for how many new memberships they've had throughout the season.

Genuine question but what are the best local non-league teams to go and watch and just have a bit of that authentic football feeling?

Fed up with top level football at the minute, it just feels like it's lost its soul and I don't think I've ever felt so disconnected to Leicester in my 30-odd years of supporting them either. Add in the Super league nonsense, the current EPL/EFL money/deal thing going on at the minute, FFP and all that, the standard of reffing and VAR - it's not the same game I grew up loving and I have a feeling it's the same for a lot of fans around the country at the minute too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Genuine question but what are the best local non-league teams to go and watch and just have a bit of that authentic football feeling?

Fed up with top level football at the minute, it just feels like it's lost its soul and I don't think I've ever felt so disconnected to Leicester in my 30-odd years of supporting them either. Add in the Super league nonsense, the current EPL/EFL money/deal thing going on at the minute, FFP and all that, the standard of reffing and VAR - it's not the same game I grew up loving and I have a feeling it's the same for a lot of fans around the country at the minute too.

Ditto!

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I just cannot work out the logic. 

Surely they want fans to come in and fill the stadium? General sale would allow that. Be it young, old, first time, regular attendee etc. Not sure why they persist with the 'become a member then we'll give you a chance of getting a ticket'. Do other clubs even do this?

Would love to see the numbers for how many new memberships they've had throughout the season.

Isn’t it a sad indictment of modern football that what paying fans give (money and atmosphere) is of such a lesser import than TV money?

Guest leatherhead32
On 20/12/2023 at 13:30, Union FS said:

Enzo Maresca has repeatedly called for fans to step up and be part of the drive to promotion – but right now, many don’t have a choice.

There is currently no General Sale being offered for the Rotherham home game in just three days, or the Cardiff away game.

UFS has raised this issue with the club and we call on LCFC to make tickets available to fans who want to support their team but can’t currently commit to a season ticket or membership.

With the stadium expansion coming, LCFC must do all it can to keep football available and affordable for all present and future fans.

UFS

what the hells a membership anyway, i was told opera and golf for 2 things were enjoyed by the masses years ago and why not! THEN the snobs  got involved and made them snooty and exclusive , football very slowly but surely has gone that way BUT their is hope as with golf proper people who just want fresh air, exercise , and competition can and do find places where you don't have to be sworn in by the captain and the board and have your own business etc, cant comment on the opera but that italian feller claudio got a ticket for against everton  had me close to tears so can get why folk enjoy it now. ffs sell to people who want to watch , give a free membership or a fiver for admin and ban em if there outa line like all on us , stop making it something that's a pain to do.  

48 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Coalville feels just about big enough that it's not a Sunday league  match and on a good day can have decent atmosphere. 

Also the novelty of having a pint while the games on helps .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Coalville feels just about big enough that it's not a Sunday league  match and on a good day can have decent atmosphere. 

Also the novelty of having a pint while the games on helps .

Thats my issue with none league Leicestershire sides is I need something with an atmosphere to enjoy football. Nothing quite is big enough for that yet.

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Give coalville a go. Should be a decent crowd in this weekend as leicester aren't playing.

• Thanks 1