Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Now you are just being silly, they advertised it on social media and Everytime you went to the LCFC.com website they had a full page pop up which you had to close to continue to the website advertising the game being on general sale 

Just an excuse for not selling out like the one above saying people can’t afford it when it’s cheaper than a league game.

I’d ignore all the muppets with excuses, fact is they were on general sale, 3pm kick off on a Saturday and cheaper than a league game, empty seats all over, yeah we really need that extension building. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Abit embarrassing today having kicked up such a stink. Thousands of empty seats in the home end despite general sale. People get the opportunity for a Saturday 3pm and simply can't be arsed.

Judging by SK4 non of the season ticket holders could be arsed not the new comers 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, promised land said:

Just an excuse for not selling out like the one above saying people can’t afford it when it’s cheaper than a league game.

I’d ignore all the muppets with excuses, fact is they were on general sale, 3pm kick off on a Saturday and cheaper than a league game, empty seats all over, yeah we really need that extension building. 

The fact is there were a load more there than there would have been without general sale.

A 28,000 attendance does not equate to "empty seats all over". If you want to use that phrase justifiably, have a look around at 85+ minutes most league games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Abit embarrassing today having kicked up such a stink. Thousands of empty seats in the home end despite general sale. People get the opportunity for a Saturday 3pm and simply can't be arsed.

What are you moaning at? The fact that fans didnt go? 

10 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

It's embarrassing how hostile Union FS are in here 😂 You either agree or you're wrong. No wonder nobody wants to join in.

Speaking as someone who has no connection to UFS (to avoid any allegations from you), it’s because you have come on picking arguments and making baseless claims that you can’t back up to attack our fan base and supporter groups.

Im not sure what the deal is with STHs and cup games these days but if they have to buy separately and for example, you had 28,000 STHs normally and an attendance of 28,000 yesterday, that doesn’t mean that was all STHs and no one taking the general sale. How do you know that 10,000 STHs didn’t bother and 10,000 general sale did? In that scenario, if they’d not bothered with general sale (or should I saw caved in to pressure), yesterday could have then been sub 20,000.

All ifs and buts and neither you, nor I or anyone on here knows exactly. But as someone said above, if you just take the game and attendance in its own merits, a relatively uninspiring tie against a divisional rival, at the end of January when people are notoriously worried about finances waiting for pay days etc, 28,000 is not bad!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Unabomber said:

so what is your point? even if only 1 more person goes due to general sales that is extra revenue to the club, potential for more noise in the stadium, potential for more sales at the stadium canteen, potential for more sales to the shops near the stadium, potential for more fans to interact with each other and the potential to introduce new fans to LCFC.  The negatives ... well... more wear and tear on the seat and ..... ummmm .... oh and maybe more litter for the stadium cleaners to pick up after the game. 

Took my little one to their first game yesterday. Sat in the family stand. Apart from getting in which took forever and led to us missing kick off I was generally impressed with the setup for families. Facilities seemed decent and stewards were very friendly. Much different to SK1 where my ST is located. Had a great time, and it was nice to introduce the little one to the LCFC family. 

• Like 4

Met a few people in SK4 (mainly couples) who were there for their first ever game and they really enjoyed it. Surprising to see how many season ticket holders were missing especially with the cheaper ticket price 

1 hour ago, Vaz said:

Met a few people in SK4 (mainly couples) who were there for their first ever game and they really enjoyed it. Surprising to see how many season ticket holders were missing especially with the cheaper ticket price 

Sometimes it ain't about the price. I just fancied a Saturday off. I guess lots of STs felt the same