Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Freeman's Wharfer

Will we get the record?

Halfway point: will we get the record?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. We’re halfway through the season. Will we beat Reading’s points record? (106 points)

• Yes
    • No

21 hours ago, Royston. said:

This happened with Burnley too

This isn't 2015 anymore, yes Burnley have had one good season to get promoted but we have had 6 good seasons since then (top 10), our bar is a lot higher, there mentality has always been survival. I did expect Burnley to do a bit better than they have. Our expectations will not just be survival next season.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

This isn't 2015 anymore, yes Burnley have had one good season to get promoted but we have had 6 good seasons since then (top 10), our bar is a lot higher, there mentality has always been survival. I did expect Burnley to do a bit better than they have. Our expectations will not just be survival next season.

Not sure that can be regarded as realistic tbh. We were poor enough to go down, and we have ripped almost all of what we were up, added a new manager, new style, many new players, all tested and evolved in the Championship. Survival and bedding our further evolved style in the Premier League is not downplaying expectations, just realistic evolution imo.

Then the league the season after….  :ph34r:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure that can be regarded as realistic tbh. We were poor enough to go down, and we have ripped almost all of what we were up, added a new manager, new style, many new players, all tested and evolved in the Championship. Survival and bedding our further evolved style in the Premier League is not downplaying expectations, just realistic evolution imo.

I thought all the promoted side had pretty poor summer windows.  

Luton had a very low starting point squad wise, and spent 20m.

Sheff Utd sold there best two player and then spent 60m but only a net spend of 30m 

Burnley had a odd window they failed to sign up 3 of their best players who were on loan TBH, Maatsen and Tella. Spent a decent amount but brought poorly in much view.

I think none of them have our profile, which will attract a better calibre of player, I think we will be viewed as a PL who had a season blip rather than a normal promoted team.

We have also clear the deck of all out really hight earners especially if the likes of Vardy, Ndidi and Nacho don't resign, I think we will be willing to pay higher wages.

I also have a feeling we will spend a decent amount as I don't think Top will want us to risk going down again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

I was on about momentum.

Burnley have struggled to build on the momentum they had from last seasons championship.

53 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I thought all the promoted side had pretty poor summer windows.  

Luton had a very low starting point squad wise, and spent 20m.

Sheff Utd sold there best two player and then spent 60m but only a net spend of 30m 

Burnley had a odd window they failed to sign up 3 of their best players who were on loan TBH, Maatsen and Tella. Spent a decent amount but brought poorly in much view.

I think none of them have our profile, which will attract a better calibre of player, I think we will be viewed as a PL who had a season blip rather than a normal promoted team.

We have also clear the deck of all out really hight earners especially if the likes of Vardy, Ndidi and Nacho don't resign, I think we will be willing to pay higher wages.

I also have a feeling we will spend a decent amount as I don't think Top will want us to risk going down again.

Yes, but when was the last time someone got promoted and did much beyond surviving in the first season? Maybe mid-table?

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, but when was the last time someone got promoted and did much beyond surviving in the first season? Maybe mid-table?

Fulham got 10th last season and threatened to qualify for Europe at times. I see little reason why we can't emulate that.

5 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Personal prediction - 105 points with two games left of the season. And finish on… 105 points. 

It just wouldn’t be Leicester otherwise. 

Go on to the reception area of Seagrave, Enzo wants to remind you of how f#cking good we are! 😄 🤣 😂 

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Everyone that left other than maybe Barnes had come to the end of the cycle, its the reason we got relegated not selling established players and reinvesting. If you think our squad is currently significantly worse than Fulham, Bournemouth and Wolves who are 13th-11th currently I'd be shocked. We have just missed the mid table stage between Europe and relegation, pretty much in both directions up and down. I'd expect us to finish 11th-13th next season without any real threat of relegation.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Everyone that left other than maybe Barnes had come to the end of the cycle, its the reason we got relegated not selling established players and reinvesting. If you think our squad is currently significantly worse than Fulham, Bournemouth and Wolves who are 13th-11th currently I'd be shocked. We have just missed the mid table stage between Europe and relegation, pretty much in both directions up and down. I'd expect us to finish 11th-13th next season without any real threat of relegation.

Yes, that feels achievable, assuming our style fits, or can be made to fit, the top flight

43 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Fulham got 10th last season and threatened to qualify for Europe at times. I see little reason why we can't emulate that.

Would be nice, but its more about style than personnel I think

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would be nice, but its more about style than personnel I think

Other than the results, we have noticed changes at Half time in games either in tactics or personnel. He is a guy that is a student of the game, he will subtly modify the system game to game and in game when required, which was very evident for example against Millwall recently.

I wouldn't even worry about places next season, if I was Enzo like I thought the season after we won the league I'd set the goal at 50 points, 40 seemed too negative then. That points total will achieve a comfortable league position.

Edited by Beachyboy

Just now, Beachyboy said:

Other than the results, we have noticed changes at Half time in games either in tactics or personnel. He is a guy that is a student of the game, he will subtly modify the system game to game and in game when required, which was very evident for example against Millwall recently.

Please don't think I am trying to denigrate Maresca's achievements this far, they have been remarkable. Just don't know how  well it will translate to the higher division, but i would love it (Full Keegan love it) if he was equally as capable in the premier League.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Please don't think I am trying to denigrate Maresca's achievements this far, they have been remarkable. Just don't know how  well it will translate to the higher division, but i would love it (Full Keegan love it) if he was equally as capable in the premier League.

Keegan finished 2nd in his first season up and like Enzo wasn't to experienced before taking over Newcastle. The difference between then and now is the big 6, Newcastle, Brighton and West Ham are quite established. I'd say Villa are a bit more like we were If Emery and a couple players go they could soon tumble down. Every other team next season is fair game to try and finish above over the course of a season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, that feels achievable, assuming our style fits, or can be made to fit, the top flight

Our style won't change under Enzo, That's a given.

However the quality of the squad may well change, especially at the back in midfield and up front where I think we all agree will neeed strengthing for the premiership.

Vesty has been a rock this season, but his lack of pace will be exposed. Equally we need midfielder who can defend but also break quickly  on the oppossession.

Strangely we have Wilf who can do that defensive side better rhan most. But will Enzo move him back there now that he hasa better understanding of what's needed going forward.

One of Daka or Kelechi will deffinitely go possibly along with Vardy. Or he may stay one more season. If Dake keeps delivering then I think he's the most likely to stay.

We can't rely on Cannon given his inexperience which is why I think we will sign a player with a proven record for scoring goals. Someone like Evan Ferguson would be great but I suspect he'd cost to much now.

So that's 3 or 4 players needed with the same leaving in the Summer. Some might even arrive in this Window to reinforce our push for promotion.

Whoever we sign will have to fit the system anyway because that's not changing under Enzo. And it's getting better Week by Week.

29 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Our style won't change under Enzo, That's a given.

However the quality of the squad may well change, especially at the back in midfield and up front where I think we all agree will neeed strengthing for the premiership.

Vesty has been a rock this season, but his lack of pace will be exposed. Equally we need midfielder who can defend but also break quickly  on the oppossession.

Strangely we have Wilf who can do that defensive side better rhan most. But will Enzo move him back there now that he hasa better understanding of what's needed going forward.

One of Daka or Kelechi will deffinitely go possibly along with Vardy. Or he may stay one more season. If Dake keeps delivering then I think he's the most likely to stay.

We can't rely on Cannon given his inexperience which is why I think we will sign a player with a proven record for scoring goals. Someone like Evan Ferguson would be great but I suspect he'd cost to much now.

So that's 3 or 4 players needed with the same leaving in the Summer. Some might even arrive in this Window to reinforce our push for promotion.

Whoever we sign will have to fit the system anyway because that's not changing under Enzo. And it's getting better Week by Week.

Now like doing the dutifull reading all the Xmas cracker jokes..

I am going to totter up all prediction and assumption on FT-posters gobsmaking statements of who goes,stays and reason why…

We will then see who is a cleverfox..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

One prediction I would like to make and see it harvest the goods..

We buy all Man.cit players,surplus to requirements

and believed to be the last Dregs, a couple of the sort from Chelsea

including Castadei…

And Everyman and his first team selection,is a great achievement for the foxes

plus 4 Academy players at least prove to make the grade..

We already have Mcateer,Wanza, & Nelson, can we make Alves and Baybrooke an honest to good full house..

But that all lies in the football Gods hands..

• 2 months later...