Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Freeman's Wharfer

Will we get the record?

Halfway point: will we get the record?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. We’re halfway through the season. Will we beat Reading’s points record? (106 points)

• Yes
    • No

Keep in mind that Reading was on their best run off form this time in 2005/2006, looking at the stats they went from gameweek 15 to gameweek 34 with a record of 15 wins and 4 draws. Then they stumbled a bit towards the end where they had 5 wins 5 draws and 2 losses in their final 12 games.

Yes we're only just ahead of Reading now but as long as we don't lose form towards the end of the season we will beat the points record.

One game at a time,that ,and periods of last 5 game form,is all that interest me.

Follow Enzo’s steady pattern,aspirations and ambitions,maybe even records will be reached and broken.

Let the others worry about the future permatations…

embrace …enjoy.  The Now..!!   Or you will miss the fun events and

stop-off classics along the route.

Many of our own talk about what our opposition,

and their stories & their paths will take..

Few are failing to see how good we actually are ,refusing to open their eyes to

what  WE…(not them).  are accomplishing…

Its US ( not them) that THEY wish they were…

Half the season gone,and we have them running scared,

but dying to see us implode, but with recognition that spreads respect…

We have to lose 5 games, before they can see the light at their end of the tunnel,

All is possible ..!!   but we have a rack of players that have their shit together ,

Chest out, still stay humble,carry that arrogant grin of competence,and be content,

we just know what we know..

Such things are unique,embrace ,grasp & hold this precious passing of time…

ENZO-BaLL,is here to stay, it’s so bloody good,

we also don’t know the **** what is happening..:ill:

and the how keeps us gobsmacked & laughing into each next gameday..:scarf:

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Reading had 50 pts in the second half of season (2.17 ppg). 

We need 49 pts to beat that record (2.13 ppg). 

We had 2.52 ppg in the first half of season, so can afford to drop our form by 0.39 ppg. Not much of a margin for error but seems reasonably achievable. 

Someone likes his statistics 😵‍💫

I’m not genuinely saying this to bait anyone….but am I the only person who doesn’t care?

Promotion first and foremost is our goal….No, I’m not one of those let’s aim for second fans either just think a record is great but pretty sure 21st placed Reading in League One would have preferred a longer PL stint etc.

9 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I’m not genuinely saying this to bait anyone….but am I the only person who doesn’t care?

Promotion first and foremost is our goal….No, I’m not one of those let’s aim for second fans either just think a record is great but pretty sure 21st placed Reading in League One would have preferred a longer PL stint etc.

I'd love the gap to keep growing so we can really sign some PL quality in Jan giving us 2 windows to fine tune our team and squad.

4 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I'd love the gap to keep growing so we can really sign some PL quality in Jan giving us 2 windows to fine tune our team and squad.

Totally agree about the gap and a longer period to consider players for next season BUT whether we have won the league on 90 or 110 points to me is irrelevant 🤷🏻‍♂️

30 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Totally agree about the gap and a longer period to consider players for next season BUT whether we have won the league on 90 or 110 points to me is irrelevant 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reading did finish 8th the next season in the premiership, I do think it creates a strong winning mentality the more dominant you are. We know that ourselves from April 2015-May 2016, when you have strong momentum it can flow into the next season.

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

Reading did finish 8th the next season in the premiership, I do think it creates a strong winning mentality the more dominant you are. We know that ourselves from April 2015-May 2016, when you have strong momentum it can flow into the next season.

This happened with Burnley too

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I went with no. I'm never confident with Leicester. I also think our fixtures in the second half of the season are more difficult than the first with us still having to play Ipswich twice, Cov (A), Leeds (A), Sunderland (A), Cardiff (A), Watford (A) etc. 

However we have a better record away than at home.

• Like 1