Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City January transfer business 'quite clear' with players already mulling over futures

6 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Have a horrible feeling someone will come in with a good offer for KDH.

Would be nice to see Ward, Iversen, Praet and Nacho gone.

You mean like Liverpool? 

They’d want another midfielder I imagine and I’m sure they’ve looked at him before.

I could also see him suiting them.

It wouldn't shock me if they sell a decent player at a position where they have some  cover - i.e. defender.  Thinking Souttar or even Justin if someone comes in with an offer that's too good to refuse.  The've got Coady gathering dust and Doyle is getting healthy again. I imagine that Doyle is going to play one way or the other.

1 hour ago, TeaMen Tom said:

It wouldn't shock me if they sell a decent player at a position where they have some  cover - i.e. defender.  Thinking Souttar or even Justin if someone comes in with an offer that's too good to refuse.  The've got Coady gathering dust and Doyle is getting healthy again. I imagine that Doyle is going to play one way or the other.

I would be extremely surprised if we sold Justin. Enzo seems to really like JJ and I think it stretches all the way back to when Maresca first visited the training ground and JJ was there training whilst everyone else was away enjoying their summer. He seemed really impressed at the time and has mentioned it more than once since. 

Justin was always a name that Enzo brought up in interviews, even when not playing. He seems to genuinely like him and I doubt he will be sold. 

Souttar is the obvious name to go, Nelson on loan makes sense too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I would be extremely surprised if we sold Justin. Enzo seems to really like JJ and I think it stretches all the way back to when Maresca first visited the training ground and JJ was there training whilst everyone else was away enjoying their summer. He seemed really impressed at the time and has mentioned it more than once since. 

Justin was always a name that Enzo brought up in interviews, even when not playing. He seems to genuinely like him and I doubt he will be sold. 

He's also the perfect personality for our current situation. Sure, he was an injury away from a World Cup squad, but he knows it wasn't long ago we signed him from League 1.

I doubt there's any part of him scrambling to move to a 'bigger' club just now

Edited by AjcW

Hard to believe this is Justin 5 season with us and this season is the second highest amount of league games he has played.

No chance we sell, still has two years on his contract, when he signed his contract extension in 2022 after coming back from his ACL he spoke about the faith the club had put in him.

Back in the PL with us, new contract and pushing for the England squad next season.

Lots of other deadwood to move on Ward, Iversen, Preat, Nacho.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Having seen his worth, I’ve been really disappointed with Iheanacho this season. Perhaps it’s time to get rid in Jan.

IF we could somehow get circa £10m for him this January, we really should try to shift him. Keep Daka, and obviously Cannon, and get one more striker in the Summer after Vardy goes. 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

IF we could somehow get circa £10m for him this January, we really should try to shift him. Keep Daka, and obviously Cannon, and get one more striker in the Summer after Vardy goes. 

Think we would be lucky to get 5m with 6 months left on his contract.

• Like 4

On 28/12/2023 at 11:13, glenny_fox said:

I think we'll go the majoity of the winter with nothing happening, then a few players leaving towards the end (Praet, Souttar, a GK) then maybe a loan signing or 2

Probably this.

Ward and Iversen surely we can find homes for, it'll depend on their professional pride vs. the wages we pay them. There's no way anyone's going to want Danny Ward that's going to match anything like his salary here but you'd think Iversen could comfortably get a job in the Championship and I doubt we pay him huge wedge.

I can see Iheanacho being the most high profile departure. Cannon and Daka are contracted and he isn't, it just doesn't make any sense to keep him around if we can get a bit of money selling him to a Premier League club that need goals and want to jump the queue. Just feels like it's pointless him staying now.

I don't see us bringing too many in unless we get a fantastic opportunity. Just doesn't make sense. We're 99% promoted we might as well just wait and hold on to our cash for the summer when we'll have better prospects lined up to sign for the Prem.

If we're confident Doyle isn't going to be a recurring injury then we probably don't need a left footed CB, we've been fine without him so getting him back is just a bonus. So surely just an 8 on loan or a good prospect if we can find one for cash will probably do the trick. Only real risk to the rest of our season I see is an injury to KDH. I don't like the idea of Yunus or Casadei having to be first choice as a CM for too long.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Nacho is worth at best 2m. He's injured gone to the AFCON and only has 6 months left on his contract. Oh and he can't perform in the championship.

Really who is going to pay for him.

• Like 2

Justin has looked better at RCB and think is starting to understand his role. I was all for selling him as felt he’s a liability and not suited to the role but I’d let him ride out the season rotating at RCB after the last few games. 

I was really happy that Nacho stayed last summer thinking he would be a 20 goal striker in the championship and yet despite us doing so well he has been incredibly disappointing, he’s “chipped in” with a few goals and assists but nowhere near the standard expected. 
If we can sell now then time to leave.

• Like 1

On 28/12/2023 at 16:37, Chelmofox said:

Have a horrible feeling someone will come in with a good offer for KDH.

You realise we're allowed to say no, right? 

And I don't see his head getting turned to the degree it'd ruin his or our season quite frankly. 

They can enquire all they want. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And I don't see his head getting turned to the degree it'd ruin his or our season quite frankly. 

100%

His contracted to 2027, and probably our biggest asset, and the teams talisman.

It would take a stupid amount that no one is willing to pay.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Of course i know that! 

But, hypothetically speaking, would it be good business to turn down 30 mil for KDH? He seems to be pretty highly regarded so there is a part of me that thinks someone may try and have a nibble.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Of course i know that! 

But, hypothetically speaking, would it be good business to turn down 30 mil for KDH? He seems to be pretty highly regarded so there is a part of me that thinks someone may try and have a nibble.

So a good feeling then :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Of course i know that! 

We're building the team around him and whilst we'll always be a club that up sells our assets occasionally to reinvest and build, I don't think we've ever been particularly stupid or suicidal in who we've sold under King Power ownership have we? 

We'll sell him when it suits us (if we sell him at all) and it'll be for a massive amount of money when we feel comfortable and safe. 

He's not going anywhere this season or next. 

1 minute ago, davieG said:

So a good feeling then :dunno:

I'm tying myself on knots!  At some point, we will need to cash in on academy prospects so if a big offer comes in for KDH we would surely have to consider?

I think he's massively improved this year and is a key part of Enzo's plans, and agreed i doubt is the sort to to has his head turned. 

59 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Of course i know that! 

I personally think we would be mad to even consider taking 30m for KDH this window.

How do you replace him in Jan?

Everyone would know we had the money so up prices.

Then no guarantee the new man will settle at a new club with a new system.

I also think the big clubs know how we do business so would not even try it.

• Like 1

A few weeks back I met a Leicester fan at a works dinner. Season ticket holder and hardly a numpty - quite high up at a respected property land owner. 

He was adamant that we’d have to sell someone for FFP purposes. That Forest story has had me thinking given the allowed loss reduces for the championship 

26 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Of course i know that! 

I think the club would want more then we got for Barnes and Maddison.

In the summer we had to act due to relegation, to cash in on Maddison for FFP reasons and Barnes because we had to finance a rebuild.

He is probably going to end up with one of the best goal contribution records for a midfielder in the championship.

Take much more the 30m in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

A few weeks back I met a Leicester fan at a works dinner. Season ticket holder and hardly a numpty - quite high up at a respected property land owner. 

He was adamant that we’d have to sell someone for FFP purposes. That Forest story has had me thinking given the allowed loss reduces for the championship 

We spend 35m in the summer if you need to sell someone in the winter window, why send that much recuiting high earners like Winks and Coady.

We held out for top money for Daka, surely we would have sold if under pressure for FFP.

Edited by coolhandfox

25 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We would need to sell someone if we went up?