Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Stolarczyk : Reminiscing of Shilton Days

I know it’s early,but just on his last 2 outages,especially the last…

Not scared of using his whole area and protecting it.

Comes out for high balls,rarely rooted on his line.

Will look and be prepared to challenge and win corners,

pulling off saves,diving left or right..

willing to go in hand & head first

Against Birmingham is shot stopping ratio,and collecting crosses,

was one of the most a Leicester GK made over a few seasons.

Iverson the closest.

Yes it reminded me of the SHILTON ,WALLINGTON,  “Last man standing days”

which turned results around,sneeked  draws.

We shouldn’t belittle or underestimate “Starsky’s day at the office.

There were not 1,but 2-3 specials on that day,which we used to be astounded 

in those Shilton,Wallington days.

Yes 3-5% distribution wasn’t perfect and if your that critical,then you can’t find

that fine balance that weighs up his performance..We didn’t chase perfection

in those days when you have the no1 or No3 GKs in England maybe Europe

Last Saturday we saw some top Goalkeeping ,Maidstone GK,but also our own Starsky

pulled out even more exceptional saves,and crosses..Stolar a stellar performance…

Outside the norm or average…

• Like 4

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I know it’s early,but just on his last 2 outages,especially the last…

Not scared of using his whole area and protecting it.

Comes out for high balls,rarely rooted on his line.

Will look and be prepared to challenge and win corners,

pulling off saves,diving left or right..

willing to go in hand & head first

Against Birmingham is shot stopping ratio,and collecting crosses,

was one of the most a Leicester GK made over a few seasons.

Iverson the closest.

Yes it reminded me of the SHILTON ,WALLINGTON,  “Last man standing days”

which turned results around,sneeked  draws.

We shouldn’t belittle or underestimate “Starsky’s day at the office.

There were not 1,but 2-3 specials on that day,which we used to be astounded 

in those Shilton,Wallington days.

Yes 3-5% distribution wasn’t perfect and if your that critical,then you can’t find

that fine balance that weighs up his performance..We didn’t chase perfection

in those days when you have the no1 or No3 GKs in England maybe Europe

Last Saturday we saw some top Goalkeeping ,Maidstone GK,but also our own Starsky

pulled out even more exceptional saves,and crosses..Stolar a stellar performance…

Outside the norm or average…

Good post but no way could I mention him in the same breath of one of the 3 greatest goalies I have seen in my 60 odd years. Yasmin and Banks being the other 2

9 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Good post but no way could I mention him in the same breath of one of the 3 greatest goalies I have seen in my 60 odd years. Yasmin and Banks being the other 2

This was just on Starsky last 2 games,and the comparison of last man standing performance…

Not comparing whole careers..!!

By the way it’s Yashin..seen him over a 2 week Cinema

Documentary..he became sort of an idol for me,then Shortly

within a very small midge of time,Banks started to make a name at Leicester,then England ,and again another small documentary,on Saturdaysport with Banks and other Home country goalies talking about Yashin,and goalkeeping,for a youngboy impressive stuff ,especially for that youngboy slowly watch Banks developement on his own doorstep

down Filbert street.Those first seasons were like life long memories for a young kid…Easy then seeing in the flesh

your real first idol G.Banks

Edited by fuchsntf

Vs Birmingham it reached a stage in the first half where I said, "that's it, that's our last warning, we're hanging on here, any more chances and they'll score", twice I covered my face and said "They've scored" and yet the keeper continued bailing us out. I don't know if there's an "Expected saves" vs "Actual saves" stat but what I'm saying is he exceeded expectations, at times it was like tin can alley in our box and you think we can't survive one more attack like that but he kept us in it. 

:schmike: 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

This was just on Starsky last 2 games,and the comparison of last man standing performance…

Not comparing whole careers..!!

By the way it’s Yashin..seen him over a 2 week Cinema

Documentary..he became sort of an idol for me,then Shortly

within a very small midge of time,Banks started to make a name at Leicester,then England ,and again another small documentary,on Saturdaysport with Banks and other Home country goalies talking about Yashin,and goalkeeping,for a youngboy impressive stuff ,especially for that youngboy slowly watch Banks developement on his own doorstep

down Filbert street.Those first seasons were like life long memories for a young kid…Easy then seeing in the flesh

your real first idol G.Banks

I mean Yashin it was a typo. What a goalkeeper. Banks positioning ability was second to none. How privileged were we to have him play for us. Great goalkeeper. For me those 3 were the best I’ve ever seen. Who was better was debatable 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesterlad said:

I mean Yashin it was a typo. What a goalkeeper. Banks positioning ability was second to none. How privileged were we to have him play for us. Great goalkeeper. For me those 3 were the best I’ve ever seen. Who was better was debatable 

Quite right.... 

Many of our fans can't remember those days where, we had hopefull seasons, fans not so critical of their own team, despite hovering over relegation.. But goalkeeps, like Banks, Shilton, Wallington,Shilton  Jennings, Clemence, were applauded, from the various opposition Kops or away ends has they took the field.. Even 10-20 second banter from fans as they came out the tunnel... 

More importantantly, those regular GameDays where Banks Shilton, Wallington stood alone it seemed..!

1963 Fa. Cup L'pool, League Everton, Blackpool, W.ham..

Many more..through the seasons >G.Banks<... 

A very young P. Shilton 1969 FA. Cup, L'pool, the whole season, and other seasons, even with our great outfield players, Leicester had 12 years of Gks, where their displays regularly kept us in the game.. THEN along came Wallington, who carried Leicester top GK chalice.. And God those 3 regular brought out wonders over so many games, that if they made a mistake, it was canceled out by the allround displays, that Fans expected  area, and airial domination from the GK... 

Defenders ass saved because of something top notch from GK. 

So this topic.. comparing not those 30yrs of OUR Gks, & Yashin that most our fans can't or won't be able to remember, but last game  Brum   Stolarczyk performance reminded me of those days.. He owned his area, unlike Schmeichel ever did.. 

like those past greats that always did.

UK at one time probably had the top best 6 Gks from 10,in Europe if not  the World. I mean Man. City's Corrigan, 2nd and 3rd choice England  GK, spent many years, not getting a competitive International... Behind Shilton & Clemence..

THEN that long period, where even  high% of many of then  older  fans thought Wallington brought  a bit of everything from Banks n Shilton plus his own and was best of the 3..who never really  got a sniff of an England cap, though every season mentioned in dispatches. 

Stolarczyk used more his body, hands, than his legs, went head hands first, more like the GKs of the olden days. 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Also keeps the memories  & discussionsticking over the generations grandad, uncles, Dad, son. Mam having their penny worth.. 

The romance of  off-field of sport. 

I have still the names of Liddle, Sep Smith, ringing in my ears, though I never saw them.. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bovril said:

Someone behind me at Millwall said he thought Ward was better! 

There were people on here still saying Danny Ward was fine until like March time last year, was bizarre. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Want to bring this to the for…

Again Stolarczyk-Starsky pulled out another top performance

Again all around HIS area,his distribution has  improved a little, but like Mads,is susceptable to blackouts playing

to that  tip of the triangle defender..

which worries the Terrasses somewhat

but his saves and commanding that box has been as good

as many “2 top leagues”  GKs ,taking into account his so little

time in a competitive game,working on every gameday routine that he hasn’t yet  experienced…

Bloody marvellous what he has brought to the table,

If Mads gets injured

I see he has no dip in quality if selected for a few Championship games.

Also looking forward to the PL 1st or 2nd choice.

For me, Starsky has proved his top quality…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Wonder if in 40 years Stolarcyk will turn into a massive bellend wearing a bow tie at dinners, and reminiscing about Bournemouth away for £200 a head in some shit hole pub in Blaby. 

He will have collected more memories over the years..and Birmingham wasn't bad either so thats     400 quid already

You will be the next act next to him

For east midlands best snidey remarks

Contest.. At 49 quid a pop..

Commands his box and makes good saves.  He has value.

Bournemouth, though, he was constantly hoofing it long instead of even thinking about playing it out against pressure.

Which is sometimes the right choice.  The problem is, it’s his default setting, while being the last thing the manager wants.

We’ll sell him to a Champ or L1 club this summer.

On 31/01/2024 at 00:37, Lesterlad said:

But we were very lucky to have two out of three at leicester