Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AlexFT

Stadium Thread

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

In all seriousness, I would love a few statues around the place - Banks handing the ball to Shilton, Arthur Rowley - top scorer in English football history, Matt Elliot holding the Worthington Cup or Martin O’Neil with the Coca Cola cup, Wes Morgan lifting the Premier League, Kasper with the FA Cup - something that celebrates the rich history we have in English football.

Someone should do a 'GoFundMe' to raise enough money for one..

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I just feel this is all tied into the stadium development, I'm not sure you are going to start doing a load of little things around the ground only to change them when you start the development. 

Yep I’ve assumed this is the case myself, and is likely the club’s same viewpoint with any potential relocation of fans. 

Edited by AlexFT
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

These two images show how the stadium looked in its earliest days, and the inside especially looks better to me. The second one is more debatable but personally don’t mind the bare look on the outside of the stands.

284AB4CF-18F5-4D4E-914C-914BFB0B49B8.thumb.jpeg.2778c69a6e59db2c27f0b145046ef9e3.jpeg829877AC-5C42-47E1-ADA2-3129CC119DCF.thumb.jpeg.cb3444e33ca280d457ff23bcfbae68f9.jpeg  

Edited by AlexFT

A nod to our history and legends would be great, instead of it being a place full of King Power advertisements.

Most, if not all, away grounds I visit are littered with history of the club one way or another.

• Like 3

Where the blue tiles are, they could just put images of our title win, fa cup win, best moments? It’s simple things like this that can add a huge amount of character and add some pride. Again though, will take the club an absolute age to decide if they want to do it. 

36 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

These two images show how the stadium looked in its earliest days, and the inside especially looks better to me. The second one is more debatable but personally don’t mind the bare terrace look. 

284AB4CF-18F5-4D4E-914C-914BFB0B49B8.thumb.jpeg.2778c69a6e59db2c27f0b145046ef9e3.jpeg829877AC-5C42-47E1-ADA2-3129CC119DCF.thumb.jpeg.cb3444e33ca280d457ff23bcfbae68f9.jpeg  

The second picture is way more authenticate 

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

In all seriousness, I would love a few statues around the place - Banks handing the ball to Shilton, Arthur Rowley - top scorer in English football history, Matt Elliot holding the Worthington Cup or Martin O’Neil with the Coca Cola cup, Wes Morgan lifting the Premier League, Kasper with the FA Cup - something that celebrates the rich history we have in English football.

Nigel throttling James MacArthur; nuge and the 🐿️ 

Edited by Reginaldo
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

What I want to know is ...

How much did we have to pay the architects for the original stadium design ?

I bet it was loads of money, when all they had to do was the following:
 1.  Open Southampton_FC_new_stadium.doc
 2.  Edit all occurrences of 'Southampton' to 'Leicester City', and 'red' to 'blue'
 3.  Save document
 4.  Print.

:)

I think the KPs exterior looks a bit more modern if that’s possible.Maybe it’s the colour scheme that makes it appear brighter? It was dark when I went to St Mary’s.Love the blue bricks.

The Vichai statue is the best thing the club has ever done regarding the stadium without a doubt. A lovely feature.

The plans for extension is all because of his legacy.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Given the scale of what we now have near Seagrave, this'll be done properly.

Seagrave was done and dusted within a couple of years though 

The stadium expansion has been a couple of years away since 2018 now

13 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

Ive heard a rumour the club are planning a multi-million pound investment in expanding the capacity by developing the East stand, building an indoor arena, building a Hotel and generally overhauling the entire area around the stadium. Not sure where I have heard it but it might be true.

Really? First I’ve heard of it! 

3 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Seagrave was done and dusted within a couple of years though 

The stadium expansion has been a couple of years away since 2018 now

We only got full permission in December last year, the old EON building has also been acquired by the Club. It's been in motion.

6 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

We only got full permission in December last year, the old EON building has also been acquired by the Club. It's been in motion.

Is the EON building still in use? I never go past during weekdays when it's likely to be occupied. Same with the National Grid building around the back of the East Stand. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Is the EON building still in use? I never go past during weekdays when it's likely to be occupied. Same with the National Grid building around the back of the East Stand. 

Yup, we use it. Not for anything particularly important, but the grounds are looked after by staff and the inside of the building has FBS tracksuit folk in/out regular.

8 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Yup, we use it. Not for anything particularly important, but the grounds are looked after by staff and the inside of the building has FBS tracksuit folk in/out regular.

When you say 'we' do you mean LCFC use it? Have EON vacated it? 

Much as I love our owners and can't thank them enough. It does seem our great club is all about them and King power.

Maybe our singing section needs to come up with a King Power song for 90 mins.

Then maybe they will move the kop/family stand. Make a huge singing section. Expand the ground to 125k with roof. Give Enzo 5 billion to start with.

Maybe this to start repeated for 90 mins.

We love you so much

We love you so much

KING POWER

we love you so much