Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

What a load of bollox 

relegated or promoted teams are going to be in 2 different leagues during the same financial year and the rules are different for both governing bodies- ffs you couldn’t make it up 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I've got a list of all those people who've stuck their fingers in their ears and said we'll be fine by the way. You know who you are.

Wonder if the people that said they'd rather win the fa Cup than get promoted have changed their mind 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Wonder if the people that said they'd rather win the fa Cup than get promoted have changed their mind 🤣

The final hurrah

I wonder what an "EFL business plan" would entail and why we are so against it if it's imposed to prevent us breaching FFP? I also wonder what our alternative to a business plan is? 

27 minutes ago, Dames said:

I remember 18 months ago when people were telling me we weren’t in an financial trouble. This move absolutely stinks and if we don’t get promoted i really fear for the future of the club.

We needed new owners yesterday.

We’re not in financial trouble. King Power can afford this. The problem are the EFL rules.

Just now, Babylon said:

He doesn’t explain it very well at all. It’s got nothing to do with anything we’ve just filed with them.

We submitted as per the rules last year when we were in the premier league. The EFL have used those accounts which, which show a likely breach (these accounts are before sales, before wage reductions etc). So they demanded in November we submit a business plan, based on our premier league losses. 

We said no, we were a premier league club and as per your own rules our first period for submission is this season and not last season. The panel agreed with us and the decision was made months ago. The results were agreed to not be released until after the transfer window closed.

What the heck he’s on about I have no idea. 

Not like Sky to sensationalise something is it? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mr Weller 2 said:

We’re not in financial trouble. King Power can afford this. The problem are the EFL rules.

But within the rules, we look like we could be in trouble. 

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fans peddling any line doesn't damage the club whatsoever - I think perhaps you and I disagree on this, we have far less influence on the goings on in the club than we might like to believe. 

On the other hand, if you're promoting the idea of fans being more vociferous in seeking positive change, then that's a different matter. Fine lines, maybe it's a matter of semantics.

I also guess it makes a difference if those peddling that line are within the clubs structure and responsible for it. If they are peddling such a line then that is damaging. Fans, though, make little to no difference to anything material. Nobody peddling the line, we’re too good to go down, last season had any influence on us actually going down. 

Totally agree on fans voices being raised together for positive benefit. That is different but still very remote from actual impact. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

What a load of bollox 

relegated or promoted teams are going to be in 2 different leagues during the same financial year and the rules are different for both governing bodies- ffs you couldn’t make it up 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Watch us be the guinea pig for a groundbreaking PL/EFL hybrid punishment 

• Sad 1

I mean this isn’t the big middle finger to the EFL people seem to think it is… if we’re projected to break the rules, we’re still going to end up breaking them and we’re still going to get shagged when we do.. probably tenfold by the EFL after this.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Dorsett explains this pretty well here.

To summarise; EFL projections say we'll maybe fall outside regs, so wanted us to prove how we'll stay in. 

We said no, went to an independent panel and they agreed with us 

Surely we would have only said no because we will fall outside those regulations though.

We really do have to go up.

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Regardless we are obviously very close to a breach whether we go up and or stay down. Why would we be reluctant to propose a business plan anyway? 

Because we don’t need to, as we are not in breach of any of their rules. (Yet)

• Like 2