Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

Just now, Tommy G said:

Nope - reading all this drivel is painful enough 

Maybe I need a paper round to keep me busier then  lol

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

John P tweet is a bit silly.

Club needs to sale blah blah.

Followed by key point is what the 22/23 accounts look like.

So basically he's doesn't have that facts about our finances for 22/23.

It's relatively common knowledge amongst agents that they do need to sell.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But we sold Maddison and Barnes, and barely spent anything. 

So, surely that can’t constitute significant breaches. 

Percy isn’t as in touch as he used to be with us, this is speculation based on what he thinks rather than knows surely? 

Winks £10m

Hermansen £5m

Mavididi £8m 

Fatawu, Yunus & Doyle loan fees. Close enough to £30m. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

If Maddison and Barnes are included in 22/23 I can’t see how we fail FFP in that regard unless there is some other unknown calamity 

It’s staggered payments. Most clubs don’t receive eveything up front. 

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They're not based around financial statements from last march. They're this seasons prohections, you have to submit your accounts to the league before you release them publicly.

This was a submission for early season, you don't submit you current season accounts that early as it makes no sense.

They would have looked at our 22/23 accounts and gone that wiffs what are you going to do about it.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

This was a submission for early season, you don't submit you current season accounts that early as it makes no sense.

They would have looked at our 22/23 accounts and gone that wiffs what are you going to do about it.

They submitted this seasons projections in November and it was way off complying with the permitted losses.

We've hardly gone mental. We have sold a big player every year since the title aside from one summer of "going for it" (2021: daka, soumare, jannick for ~ £60m). Then major sales since then, hamstrung ourselves in 2022 and of course, major sales last summer. Are we really unsustainable, any more than the rest of the the teams in the Prem/Champ?

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's this years accounts that have been projected.

Basically by the technicality you can only break ffp a season behind so leicester can ignore it as in the prem (which we were last season) they'd be fine but not in the championship.

Okay... I think I follow. When were the financial reports submitted? Any idea? 

Edited by Scotch

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Winks £10m

Hermansen £5m

Mavididi £8m 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Cannon 8m.

Coady. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Winks £10m

Hermansen £5m

Mavididi £8m 

But does this count over the length of contracts? So more around the 10 million mark on the figures?

Including the other signings as well.

Edited by slymunn

This isn't really anything new is it? We're sailing close to the wind, we knew that, but aren't going to put a business plan together for EFL because we don't have to - as independently confirmed.

3 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

If Maddison and Barnes are included in 22/23 I can’t see how we fail FFP in that regard unless there is some other unknown calamity 

Looking again, Maddison is in the PSR for 22/23 and Barnes 23/24 as he was sold after end of June deadline.

1 minute ago, Poznan34 said:

We've hardly gone mental. We have sold a big player every year since the title aside from one summer of "going for it" (2021: daka, soumare, jannick for ~ £60m). Then major sales since then, hamstrung ourselves in 2022 and of course, major sales last summer. Are we really unsustainable, any more than the rest of the the teams in the Prem/Champ?

Think its wages. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The key point is how much Leicester’s losses were in the 2022-23 season when they were still in the Premier League.” He doesn’t know the answer himself. 

Those accounts are due and get sent off for auditing before being published I believe - so the figures will be known across certain circles in and outside the club.

So basically we still need to wait on our annual accounts and anything else is conjecture and assumption?

If we don’t go up, we’re probably buggered. If we do go up, we might be buggered. Considering the other 2 premier league teams running foul of these rules, it’ll be interesting to see where we fall into place. At least a precedent would be set by then. 

Aren’t profit and sustainability rules meant to be changing soon in the premier league too? Eg a soft salary cap? Or have I misheard that?

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They submitted this seasons projections in November and it was way off complying with the permitted losses.

If you have something to hide as you say why would you submit projection that see you fail? 

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Those accounts are due and get sent off for auditing before being published I believe - so the figures will be known across certain circles in and outside the club.

If he knew he’d say, he’s just saying it depends on those results. 

• Like 1