Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

With the extremes of revenue Premiership -> Championship, it's hard to imagine many teams not sticking the rules. The rules are silly and I do have some sympathy for the club - I am sure last season was something they did not anticipate because we had been a European challenging team and needed to spent to maintain that.

Leicester isn't the first, or will be the last team, to be stung by financial rules. The bigger problem in football is the differences between the haves and have nots.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If we don’t get promoted the EFL is going to eat us up. 

If we do get promoted the Premier League is going to eat us up.

Fun this modern football lark.

• Sad 1

Just now, Collymore said:

A thread hot like this used to be about stadium expansion. How times have changed. 

You mean the thread about the intricacies of the council planning process and statuses

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

A thread hot like this used to be about stadium expansion. How times have changed. 

We have money and FFP doesn't include capital investment like ground expansion, training  and academy spending.

It's pretty much all about the player spend.

While this does seem to be a technicality, the important part for me from the ruling was where the EFL argued that we have not disputed that we will be in breach of the upper loss threshold for 23/24. I'm slightly confused about why we would be looking to make enemies of the EFL on a technicality while also trying to get them to be lenient on the substantive point

18 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

someone gives us what it means in laymens terms

i dont get it too but then again i thought glen hoddle was a place in scotland. sorry chaps that was 1983 when i heard that and it was probably over its sell by date then. tbh i dont understand it at all only the gist 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If we do get promoted the Premier League is going to eat us up.

Fun this modern football lark.

Nah get to the Premier League and we can sell our best assets to big 6 clubs for peanuts as part of a plea deal.

When they reportedly said “We don’t want anymore Leicester City’s”, seems they actually said “We don’t want anymore Leicester City”

• Like 1

It's silly that the rules in the EFL aren't harmonised with the Premier League. That needs changing ASAP.

If 6 clubs move into and out of each every season, this needs clearing up!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Needed though. Shouting down people who are speaking sense helps nobody, just because it's a tough pill to swallow doesn't change anything.

We're poorly run but people don't want to accept King Power are culpable.

Inter-fan spats & petty grudges help absolutely nobody, however right or wrong anyone turns out to be. Calling out pettiness is not the same as shouting someone down.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 3

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Inter-fan spats & petty grudges help absolutely nobody, however right or wrong anyone turns out to be.

No, but peddling the "we'll be fine" line militantly, when there's a real possibility that we very much WON'T be fine, is more damaging imo.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

We are a dreadfully run football club. 

Or you could say we have dome well to expose the loop hole  🤣

However, the way football is ran now with the big clubs having so much power when it comes to spending money compared to everyone else we may as well pack up.

FFP is gonna get us eventually

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Why are we so broke? Genuine question.

Purely because we committed to a high wage bill over the last few years? 

and a white elephant of a training ground that is costing 10s of millions to operate.

• Sad 1