Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Fan fatigue

Just now, RYM said:

“if I hadn’t seen such riches, I could live with being poor” 

Good point. 

It's not even that though. Its not that we've turned to shit but more that it feels like that era is over and I'm not quite ready for the next

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Good point. 

It's not even that though. Its not that we've turned to shit but more that it feels like that era is over and I'm not quite ready for the next

I feel very much like that lyric TBH. Hard not to I think.

It’s pure entitlement but that’s the way the drug of football works.

I also think we have turned to shit TBH, when you look where we were, how mismanaged the club is, never a succession plan when we binned Brendan etc etc etc. It all goes back to the club never capitalising on winning the league. 

Its shit, but it’s our shit 🦊

The only thing I hate is the lack of passion and desire in the players. 

But aside from the top 4, every other club would want to be on the ride we’ve been on. We are lucky what we witnessed and that we support a club that’s only been in the third tier once.

Opposite, I love it more, especially this season with us winning all the time and the prem drama as a neutral. I cannot remember the last time there was a three horse title race. Day to day life and work is filled with pressure, it's nice to have a rollercoaster side hobby which when all is said and done means nothing.

1 minute ago, HybridFox said:

Even worse that it's the international break tbh. Prolongs the wait to rectify it (only to go through it all again and repeat) lol

Yeh, I despise the March international break. Everything is boiling up nicely, now we break up to play pointless friendlies. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think football and fans in general are fatigued.

I've had this conversation a few times in recent years and just football in general, there's too much of it.

You go from one game to another to another.

I come on here complaining modern day football is boring, and it is! It really it!

Yet I find my switching from one game to another. Not really watching it, it's just on, for the sake of it.

I've tried to become more aware and turn it off, watch something else or just generally do something. 

I agree - it's a bit like TV, there's just so much of it. It's the all-you-can-eat buffet that never runs out.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Just thinking of those decades where nothing much happened to Cov.

Would rather have our last 30 years.  

Oh absolutely. I'm not even really complaining mate. It's been a blast and some of the best times of my life but **** me it's relentless lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I think football and fans in general are fatigued.

I've had this conversation a few times in recent years and just football in general, there's too much of it.

You go from one game to another to another.

I come on here complaining modern day football is boring, and it is! It really it!

Yet I find my switching from one game to another. Not really watching it, it's just on, for the sake of it.

I've tried to become more aware and turn it off, watch something else or just generally do something. 

TV spreading out the schedule has made the situation worse. We had a ten day spell towards the end of last season where ourselves or teams around us played on eight of the days. It was relentless. At least everyone playing at the same time condenses it and you can digest it then step away for a bit.

I don't think we play too much but it is played on too many days, if that makes sense.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

The only thing I hate is the lack of passion and desire in the players. 

But aside from the top 4, every other club would want to be on the ride we’ve been on. We are lucky what we witnessed and that we support a club that’s only been in the third tier once.

I think KDH and one or two others did show that (passion) today. However it’s a minimum ask any fan should have. I didn’t like the first twenty minutes today where we backed off and didn’t really press them well enough. 

• Like 1

We've had varying degrees of success and failure, more than most clubs!. We've had high highs and low lows. Obviously it's going to seem exhausting at times. Would fans take the high highs knowing that there may be low lows or would you prefer to be a middle of the road club who trudge along with not much excitement or enjoyment. We've had plenty of success over the years to be satisfied about but fans mainly only care about the now and what will/could happen. You support your club through thick and thin and appreciate the good times and weather the bad.

• Like 1