Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Fan fatigue

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Does anyone else feel exhausted from supporting this club? The last 10-15 years in particular have been so drama filled and full of contrasting emotions. And now the uncertainty of promotion and what lies ahead regarding FFP and our finances, it's got me feeling like I could do with a break from it all lol

100% IF we don't go up this season that will be it for me, drained. lol 

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I've tried to not get too roped up on it recently. 

It can rule your life if you're not careful. 

I think one of issues is that although we all know the Premier League is a loaded bloated monster we want to be back in it. It really should not be a disaster to be a Championship team. 

Centering football - in the same way as centering any other passion that has elements beyond your control - at the expense of other pastimes is always going to have a serious possibility of affecting mental health negatively.

Again, same goes for anyone with a singular focus on "something" that they can't control entirely.

As per above, best to have other outlets too and not get roped in too much.

• Like 1

It’s all got way too tense. All of us had our expectations massively altered by 2015/16. We achieved something genuinely miraculous. We know, in truth, it will never be that good again in our lifetimes. Hence a cloud of nostalgia hangs over the club. And I don’t know what will change that.

• Like 4

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Isn’t it just ‘Sit down’?

Yes it’s James’ “Sit down” but I didn’t want to mention sitting down as that’s another issue with our fans… 😭

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Football is not an enjoyable experience and hasn't been for years. There is too much at stake now.

Very much this

Almost every game or season there is the feeling of 'we need to do this but if we dont we are screwed'.

Whatever happened to trying to win a game or have a good season to simply enjoy the match or season rather than doing because of the fear of the consequences of losing? Surely thats what football is all about?

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

I’ve not listened to the BSLB podcast for a while because of this. I’m struggling to engage with it all at the moment.

But also need to acknowledge that outside of the established top 6, who else has had a good a time as us in the time period quoted here? No one. Be thankful for that.

Our experiences are what is supporting a proper football team is about. Yes we’ve had the epic highs (that no one else in the history of sport will ever experience) and yes we’ve had lows (relatively speaking), but that’s what’s it’s about. It’s all part of the rollercoaster journey and why I’m glad I wasn’t brought up to support Man U etc. I’ve learnt to realise that the journey and the ups and downs is all part of following a proper football team. I’ll go Liverpool away or Southend or Yeovil - not bothered.

Can you imagine swapping the last 25 years with Everton or someone like that? No thanks. Whilst most have **** all, we’ve won it all - be thankful of that.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1

For me, i think life made it more difficult to get as excited as when i was younger with no cares in the world.

From getting married, losing my mum to cancer, having kids, seeing our recent glory years and now back in the championship.  Still have kids that are approaching the teen years so my time is limited hence football takes the back seat right now.

Will always love city but at times i wish i could just hit the snooze button and wake up feeling city refreshed. My issue is likely just a mid life crisis timing lol.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Helluva day of football. Fantastic viewing. Anything but fatigued, I want more and now instead of this stupid international break 

This weekend has been the anomaly of cup football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

It’s all got way too tense. All of us had our expectations massively altered by 2015/16. We achieved something genuinely miraculous. We know, in truth, it will never be that good again in our lifetimes. Hence a cloud of nostalgia hangs over the club. And I don’t know what will change that.

:pearson:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Just fed up with watching a team with no fight or back bone.,we've had a big player/manager turn round and the mentality is still the same, so much for foxes never quit.

This and the general ‘we’ll be fine attitude’. It’s clear some people don’t know anything about our financial situation. Makes me sick thinking we’ll balls this up. We simply have to get promoted. 

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not much our club can do when the entire structure of the sport is literally set up against us. That's why I'm burned out. Losing to corrupt clubs from a corrupt league who are still pursuing us after our contrived relegation, and even getting their client EFL CEO to act outside their jurisdiction to try and punish us - all while being patronised at the same time by ***** like Keown. 

The whole of football is beyond broken and I'm ****ing fed up of pretending otherwise.

Financial Fair Play.

Nothing fair about it when clubs like Chelsea can spend a billion and we can’t even sign Sansei for a few million.

I am pretty sure Chelsea can’t be making money either.

In any event, if they are interested in “fair”, shouldn’t it try to do something about salary caps, transfer caps etc instead of picking on making sure small clubs can’t spend.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RYM said:

Yes it’s James’ “Sit down” but I didn’t want to mention sitting down as that’s another issue with our fans… 😭

In the good ol days,one could get rid of the built up frustration

by standing & jumping up & down and generally be crazy..

Now we have to take all the shit….because all fans

have become entitled Tycoons for a day…
they damn will refuse to face the crap by ….taking things sitting down..!! :P

consider yourselves lucky the nurse last night told me to take it lying down..I am totally lost..I feel like a roadkill raccoon,

let alone a Terrasse Tycoon..:crylaugh:

Edited by fuchsntf

We should be the happiest set of fans in the country after what we've achieved in the last 25 / 30 years but are we? 

Truth be told we're a right bunch of whinging lukewarms at times and I include myself 

It's the journey not the destination but I think we prove that to be a load of shite