Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Transfer embargo

2 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

If we are desperate for cash we will defo consider approaches for Hermansen

You may well mean the same thing, but we are desperate for profit and cost cutting, not cash. Hermansen will be on pretty modest wages compared to the rest of the squad.

As much as he's highly rated here, I feel he's not been as noticed around the country and won't be on too many people's list yet. Not enough for someone to drop the 15-20m it would likely take.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Ironically. We probably have a stronger squad after an embargo than if we don't.

If we don't go up and can freely move players I think Ward, Iversen, Faes, Justin, Thomas, KDH, Soumare, Ricardo, Albrighton, Daka and Vardy are all off.

Question marks over Coady and Winks, Hermansen stays either way for me.

Not sure it’s as simple as that. With the quirks of the accounting, selling for example Soumare for a few million. Despite actually getting the money in the bank, with all the amortisation that’s done. It could make it worse. I’m sure someone else can explain it clearly, I’ve about had enough of all this shit ha. 

Thats why it’s so valuable to sell a player who came through the ranks. Pure profit!

4 minutes ago, LVFox said:

You may well mean the same thing, but we are desperate for profit and cost cutting, not cash. Hermansen will be on pretty modest wages compared to the rest of the squad.

As much as he's highly rated here, I feel he's not been as noticed around the country and won't be on too many people's list yet. Not enough for someone to drop the 15-20m it would likely take.

Agreed I should have said profit.

There is a shortage of ball playing keepers - at least to my mind - so I think there would be demand but lets hope that's a situation we never have to find out who is correct.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not sure it’s as simple as that. With the quirks of the accounting, selling for example Soumare for a few million. Despite actually getting the money in the bank, with all the amortisation that’s done. It could make it worse. I’m sure someone else can explain it clearly, I’ve about had enough of all this shit ha. 

Thats why it’s so valuable to sell a player who came through the ranks. Pure profit!

I agree, and that's why I think Coady, Winks, Souttar and VK would stay. The others, I think we would probably get close enough to amortised price to get them out.

5 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Agreed I should have said profit.

There is a shortage of ball playing keepers - at least to my mind - so I think there would be demand but lets hope that's a situation we never have to find out who is correct.

I think he's excellent, and any top tier side wanting a ball playing keeper should be all over him, but I just don't think he's built that reputation outside of our fan base yet

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Surely this assumption that we’ll be flogging off our best players in June will ultimately come down to whether we’re close enough to complying for 2021-2024 for a few player sales to make the difference. If the offers are so lowball that they won’t enable us to comply with PSR, we may as well keep our best players and give ourselves a decent chance next season. Weakening our squad and getting clobbered with a points deduction for a breach anyway seems a bit pointless.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, LVFox said:

The loan's suggest club needs cash not just profit.  Until someone with clout (not unfounded press speculation) says otherwise, I will believe the club has cashflow issues alongside the permitted spending issues.

Latest price of Football Pod dropped this morning and the opening segment is all about Leicester. Interesting listen.

Mentioned that potentially there could be as many as four arbitration proceedings (2x EPL, 2x EFL needing to be considered in tandem as intrinsically linked) taking up to six months for a resolution.

Kieran Maguire said very unlikely any points deduction will be applied this season.

They discussed that there is precedent that the EPL wouldn’t apply a EFL points deduction to a promoted team but would oversee that a financial penalty was deducted from broadcast revenues.  Referred to this happening before with us in 2014 and the Bournemouth and Fulham.

of course any EPL points deduction would be a separate issue. You won’t be surprised that Maguire doesn’t think there will be any discount for cooperation ;D

Also covers that whilst PSR rules haven’t changed since 2013 the change in carve up of international broadcast revenues (2016) with more allocated to the ‘big six’ is a big driver behind the growing gap / difficulty in competing. City will have agreed to all of those rule changes - but the argument there isn’t a level playing field cannot be denied.

Edited by JimmyC74

4 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Also covers that whilst PSR rules haven’t changed since 2013 the change in carve up of international broadcast revenues (2016) with more allocated to the ‘big six’ is a big driver behind the growing gap / difficulty in competing. City will have agreed to all of those rule changes - but the argument there isn’t a level playing field cannot be denied.

Ah yes, I remember us voting in favour of that lol

21 hours ago, Babylon said:

It literally clearly says on the EFL website that you can. 

"Yes, Clubs can offer new contracts to existing players, though this will be dependent upon the circumstances of the individual Club and will be determined by the League."

So we can offer but it's at the discretion of the league. I'd suspect they won't be doing us any favours.

11 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The loan's suggest club needs cash not just profit.  Until someone with clout (not unfounded press speculation) says otherwise, I will believe the club has cashflow issues alongside the permitted spending issues.

Cashflow issues are largely KP taking the risk out of them putting the money/debt down. 

The problem occurs when KP may want to turn the taps off when it comes to payment time with the bank. 

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Cashflow issues are largely KP taking the risk out of them putting the money/debt down. 

The problem occurs when KP may want to turn the taps off when it comes to payment time with the bank. 

And in fairness, isn't this one of the core reasons why PSR and FFP exists. It's all fine when the owners are happy to make loan payments across all this debt, but if the ownership decides they want out or goes rogue, all risk is still underwritten against the club?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Babylon said:

Amortisation break even figures in the summer would be:-

Hermansen £6m

Coady £5m 

Winks £6.6m 

Souttar £11.5m

Kristensen £10.6m 

Soumare £6.8m 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

And in fairness, isn't this one of the core reasons why PSR and FFP exists. It's all fine when the owners are happy to make loan payments across all this debt, but if the ownership decides they want out or goes rogue, all risk is still underwritten against the club?

Totally yeah. 

11 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

You’d expect most clubs will have cash flow issues at certain times of the year 

at end may 20 we had £41m in the bank 
At end may 21 we had £50m in the bank 

at end may 22 we had £34m in the bank 

whilst it doesn’t tell you everything, it should be noted that the nett asset value of the club over the previous accounting years was 

2017 £143m

2018 £144m
2019 £133m

2020. £72m

2021. £39m

2022  £-44m 

there’s a pattern but no doubt someone studying them could advise if we’ve moved assets elsewhere or if this drop of value is down to players who were valued in the books as an asset leaving for nowt in the end