Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Transfer embargo

38 minutes ago, bigpapagoldy said:

Surely now more than ever they need to push on with the expansion and get more fans in to spend money…..make it a siege mentality and a cauldron of noise, make it hostile to all visiting fans, tifos about Leicester vs the world !!!! 

The thermos brigade, making noise? lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dooflip said:

Does anyone have the answer to the Fatawu situation?

As far as I am aware, it’s an automatic/mandatory £17m transfer on promotion. As this has already been agreed, does it still go through even if we are under embargo? I have everything crossed!!!

Can probably sign him but can't register him. 

Which is okay anyway because we have until start of season to register players. 

By which time any punishment may have been decided and embargo lifted. We would have sold a fair few players as well no doubt by then...

So, if we can't sign players and with many out of contract. Our starting base (if still in the championship) could be, presuming we sold those three to raise the money

Keepers

Hermansen

Stoarcyzk

Ward

Iversen

Defenders

Faes

Coady

Souttar

Justin

Brunt

Thomas

Kristiansen

Nelson

Midfield

KDH

Ricardo 

Winks

Choudhury

Soumare

Braybrook

Alves

Wingers

Mavididi

Mcateer

Marcal

Albrighton (Potential extra year)

Maswanhise

Forwards

Cannon

Daka

Vardy (Potential extra year)

It's not a terrible starting point. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So, if we can't sign players and with many out of contract. Our starting base (if still in the championship) could be, presuming we sold those three to raise the money

Keepers

Hermansen

Stoarcyzk

Ward

Iversen

Defenders

Faes

Coady

Souttar

Justin

Brunt

Thomas

Kristiansen

Nelson

Midfield

KDH

Ricardo 

Winks

Choudhury

Soumare

Braybrook

Alves

Wingers

Mavididi

Mcateer

Marcal

Maswanhise

Forwards

Cannon

Daka

Not sure we're  going to be able to afford the wages of some of those you quote,especially  if we don't get promoted ,maybe another half a dozen departures to get the wages down. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Keepers

Hermansen

Stoarcyzk

Ward

Iversen

Defenders

Faes

Coady

Souttar

Justin

Brunt

Thomas

Kristiansen

Nelson

Midfield

KDH

Ricardo 

Winks

Choudhury

Soumare

Braybrook

Alves

Wingers

Mavididi

Mcateer

Marcal

Maswanhise

Forwards

Cannon

Daka

Has it been confirmed we can extend existing contracts?

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Keepers

Hermansen

Stoarcyzk

Ward

Iversen

Defenders

Faes

Coady

Souttar

Justin

Brunt

Thomas

Kristiansen

Nelson

Midfield

KDH

Ricardo 

Winks

Choudhury

Soumare

Braybrook

Alves

Wingers

Mavididi

Mcateer

Marcal

Maswanhise

Forwards

Cannon

Daka

No, but their wages might be a terrible starting point!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Terraloon said:

That’s not correct. If it was imposed following an Insolvency event almost certainly extensions wouldn’t be agreed but if my understanding is correct and the embargo is due to. Non submission of accounts or the like then almost certainly they will be allowed

Heres what the rules say

• Yes, Clubs can offer new contracts to existing players, though this will be dependent upon the circumstances of the individual Club and will be determined by the League.

Ah ok I read a news article that said this but probably from somewhere not doing there homework properly that’s good news

50 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Not sure we're  going to be able to afford the wages of some of those you quote,especially  if we don't get promoted ,maybe another half a dozen departures to get the wages down. 

Clearly there will be other outs, I'm not saying it's the team we start with. Just trying to put down on paper a potential starting point, considering we lose so many and have a few out on loan. 

41 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

No. Owynn Palmer-Atkin reckons we can’t. 

It literally clearly says on the EFL website that you can. 

"Yes, Clubs can offer new contracts to existing players, though this will be dependent upon the circumstances of the individual Club and will be determined by the League."

Edited by Babylon

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Keepers

Hermansen

Stoarcyzk

Ward

Iversen

Defenders

Faes

Coady

Souttar

Justin

Brunt

Thomas

Kristiansen

Nelson

Midfield

KDH

Ricardo 

Winks

Choudhury

Soumare

Braybrook

Alves

Wingers

Mavididi

Mcateer

Marcal

Maswanhise

Forwards

Cannon

Daka

a good manager would still get top 6. Problem is that we will be on a points dedication as well and no championship club would have ever been close to how badly we will breach. 

minus 15 minimum imo 

Keepers

Hermansen

Stoarcyzk

Ward

Iversen

Defenders

Faes

Coady

Souttar

Justin

Brunt

Thomas

Kristiansen

Nelson

Midfield

KDH

Ricardo 

Winks

Choudhury

Soumare

Braybrook

Alves

Wingers

Mavididi

Mcateer

Marcal

Maswanhise

Forwards

Cannon

Daka

I think Winks and Ricardo won’t won’t another season at this level and especially not in a weaker side.

And is Ndidi out of contract in the summer?

Edited by Col city fan

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Winks and Ricardo won’t won’t another season at this level and especially not in a weaker side.

And is Ndidi out of contract in the summer?

Winks's career was going down the pan before we gave him a chance, and who signs Ricardo with his injury record? It's a punt. 

Yes Ndidi will be gone I'm sure. 

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

point being we will need to integrate the likes of Braybrooke, Alves and Nelson and maybe a few others and hope they can kick on.

Brunt, Stolarczyk and Booth too I’d think. 
Given the issues with moving players on for fees above their book value I could see 3 or 4 first choice players this season out on loan next. 

• Like 1

Maybe I’m being pessimistic, but the way I see it is that a transfer embargo plus points deduction is double jeopardy. The points deduction on top of a transfer embargo almost ensures that you run the very real risk of being relegated to a lower league which entails lower revenue from league position, lower revenue from gate receipts, less or no TV revenue and the loss of revenue from sales of players as the vultures swoop to cherry pick from what was a half decent team.  These are seemingly draconian measures which could lead, in the worst case scenario to exactly what the FFP rules were instigated to try to prevent. A successful business plan surely works on investment to increase future profit or streamlining by keeping the most efficient, strongest part of the business to build on going forward.  Application of both the punishments appears to be a “ hamstringing” process to push a club into years of rebuilding on a very low budget. How on earth would any club outside the top, highest earning clubs in the premier league think that it was a good idea to vote for this kind of ruling? Am I wrong?

• Like 1

Clearly there will be other outs, I'm not saying it's the team we start with. Just trying to put down on paper a potential starting point, considering we lose so many and have a few out on loan. 

It literally clearly says on the EFL website that you can. 

"Yes, Clubs can offer new contracts to existing players, though this will be dependent upon the circumstances of the individual Club and will be determined by the League."

I read that to mean that it is indeed possible to extend contracts but it is not guaranteed; rather, it would only be permissible if the EFL agree to it. And I'm not sure that they would, to be honest. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

17 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I read that to mean that it is indeed possible to extend contracts but it is not guaranteed; rather, it would only be permissible if the EFL agree to it. And I'm not sure that they would, to be honest. 

We don’t know, but it is possible which is the point. 

No point predicting they’ll do x,y and z. Because they know, if they don’t play by the rules we’ll just take them to court.

All we have done so far is ask to be punished at the correct times by the correct people according to their own rules. We won. We will be playing by the rules as they are written next season, so we’ll be compliant, submit business plans etc.

I see few reasons as to why they wouldn’t so long as we have a plan in place and have likely sold a player or two.

So long as players agree there would be no rush to get the papers signed.

Edited by Babylon

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Cooking

IMG_8151.jpeg

Fair enough. I was grasping for straws on the basis we'd be compley stuffed for squad numbers with people leaving and had a vague recollection he started out pretty well thee last season. Hadn't realised he'd gone downhill so rapidly lol

On second thoughts, would make a good metaphor for what's happened to the club over the last 2 years, gerrimback.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Keepers

Hermansen

Stoarcyzk

Ward

Iversen

Defenders

Faes

Coady

Souttar

Justin

Brunt

Thomas

Kristiansen

Nelson

Midfield

KDH

Ricardo 

Winks

Choudhury

Soumare

Braybrook

Alves

Wingers

Mavididi

Mcateer

Marcal

Maswanhise

Forwards

Cannon

Daka

Ironically. We probably have a stronger squad after an embargo than if we don't.

If we don't go up and can freely move players I think Ward, Iversen, Faes, Justin, Thomas, KDH, Soumare, Ricardo, Albrighton, Daka and Vardy are all off.

Question marks over Coady and Winks, Hermansen stays either way for me.