Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Transfer embargo

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Wait.. So if we go, up we canot buy any players even if we sell some and make some ££ ?

Then what do we do with our midfield? Ndidi out of contract and KDH will be on a few clubs radar. How do we go about replacing them.. Are we allowed loaned players?

If we promoted assuming EPL dont issue an embargo after 1 July we can register new players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If we promoted assuming EPL dont issue an embargo after 1 July we can register new players.

Considering we dont like doing business till late August it gives us plenty of time :D

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, weller54 said:

Don't worry... we'll still have Ward.

We could probably get Ryan Bennett in because I think Cambridge United will be letting him go after they get relegated from league one. 

24 minutes ago, KFS said:

I know this forum sometimes has an inability to consider two arguments concurrently, but here’s your daily reminder that this is the fault of both the PL (EFL) and Jon Rudkin.

thanks 

That's 3 things we now have to consider.

OH My Brain, My Brain is not able for all this pressure.

It was so much easier when we were a little Club.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Happy to be corrected here, but it doesn't, and to be honest that's the correct thing to do.

Valuation is subjective and could easily be exploited beyond belief. The only tangible way of valuing a player is how much they are bought and sold for, which is how its recognised now.

What you say makes lots of sense and you're probably right but there's still something missing in the process surely.

For instance we develop a home grown team of 11 players, no incomings or outgoings . Yet the cost of  those Player Contracts etc increases but we can't Amortize any of it in our accounts.

That doesn't seem right either.

Surely the league should be striving for a level playing field for all Clubs. 

39 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Wait.. So if we go, up we canot buy any players even if we sell some and make some ££ ?

Then what do we do with our midfield? Ndidi out of contract and KDH will be on a few clubs radar. How do we go about replacing them.. Are we allowed loaned players?

I tell you what happens, we take the money and get relegated again. Sort our finances out properly and go again, far weaker on the pitch but more stable financially. Least we won the FA Cup. 

• Sad 1

I haven't read the PSR rules, but the implementation is beyond a joke. 

I would expect before the start of the season, you would need to present the PSR calcs for the past 3 financial periods. If you are in breach, then you will be deducted x number if points during the season about to start. 

This whole idea of results dripping out during the season, and arbitrary points deductions - we've had 10, 6 and 4 so far, and a club not even in the league - is so amateurish. 

Bias aside, I hope our lawyers run rings around this nonsense, and a proper penalty system is introduced. 

• Like 1

wonder how close this will be to our starting line up next season given how many players we are likely to need to sell, how far we will need to cut to avoid failing the threshold next season and seeing those we can’t get decent fees for loaned out to take wages off the balance sheet… 

Stolarczyk, Choudhury, Nelson, Brunt, Justin, Braybrooke, McAteer, Booth, Mavididi, Alves, Cannon 

I genuinely think the thing that will piss Top off the most is not being able to sell the club as quick as he planned. I think it's always been the intention to put us up for sale when we get back to the Premier League. This will all make that more difficult.

48 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

What you say makes lots of sense and you're probably right but there's still something missing in the process surely.

For instance we develop a home grown team of 11 players, no incomings or outgoings . Yet the cost of  those Player Contracts etc increases but we can't Amortize any of it in our accounts.

That doesn't seem right either.

Surely the league should be striving for a level playing field for all Clubs. 

But, at no point are you paying the cost of amortising the cost of those players, as they never cost a transfer fee.

Agree that something could be in place to encourage more youth production,  maybe a sliding scale of overhead costs taken into account based on academy minutes given in the season. (For example, 0.1% reduced from your costs for every 90 minutes and academy product plays would really benefit good academies, and also make those players more important to the clubs, giving them way more leverage in contract negotiations than they currently have)

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The EFL have charged us ?

Probably the wrong wording.

But they have put under a transfer embargo because they claim we will breached their PSR.

It's a charge in all but name.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Probably the wrong wording.

But they have put under a transfer embargo because they claim we will breached their PSR.

It's a charge in all but name.

We haven’t seen our numbers     They have 

Should saying  ‘don’t worry, we’ll be fine cos we’ll sell a couple big players in June’  be an acceptable position?  

what if we don’t sell those players ?  What if it all went TU financially for us cos we didn’t get promoted?  

the efl would be slaughtered for allowing it. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Should saying  ‘don’t worry, we’ll be fine cos we’ll sell a couple big players in June’  be an acceptable position?  

what if we don’t sell those players ?  What if it all went TU financially for us cos we didn’t get promoted?  

Not sure you should punish an organisation for what they may do, only what they have done.

The issue is those numbers are fluided.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jock's Hill said:

Am I right in thinking they won't now allow us to buy Fatawu despite the agreement in his loan contract?

Exactly what I was going to ask. So they make us breach our agreement. If we can't sign Abdul cause of this BS then heads should roll for sure! I'd rather we sign Abdul than keep any of Susan, Rudkin or the like. 

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure you should punish an organisation for what they may do, only what they have done.

The issue is those numbers are fluided.

They are going over the top because of our attitude and the fact we’ve fought them over this 

but the usual procedure with projected losses in the efl is for clubs to be brought under special measures (inc transfer controls ).  Usually before the Jan window but we scuppered them on that 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think the point is you can't punish someone for not yet breaking rules there are too many what ifs. We could sell players/ get new sponsorship to correct our finances and not breach ffp before June. You can't punish us on the possibility That we might not

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think the point is you can't punish someone for not yet breaking rules there are too many what ifs. We could sell players/ get new sponsorship to correct our finances and not breach ffp before June. You can't punish us on the possibility That we might not

They are - it’s a preventative policy to avoid intervention too late 

whether they are acting as much out of spite in this instance is possibly likely 

I believe we would be able to register a player with their approval 

4 hours ago, LVFox said:

Happy to be corrected here, but it doesn't, and to be honest that's the correct thing to do.

Valuation is subjective and could easily be exploited beyond belief. The only tangible way of valuing a player is how much they are bought and sold for, which is how it’s recognised now.

Home grown players have zero value in the accounts it’s why when you sell one of them their fee is all profit.

Every year the director are meant to take an informed view of values in terms of book value( players you have paid a fee for )  and then if it’s less then they write off the difference. It’s called impairment 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

This is why LCFC are now very much between a rock and a hard place. 

The request by the EFL to produce a business plan in October was successfully challenged but come 1/3/24 all sorts of deadlines have occurred in terms of reporting . It’s % correct that there isn’t and can’t be any charge re failing to submit the 30/6/24 accounts but by now there should have been a glut of financial projections and records if they haven’t been submitted then you get into territory that can result in a player embargo. Irrespective by 1/3/24 the latest accounts should have been furnished 

In terms of planning to sale a player or get new sponsorship that sort of information would be in the information I talk about

At this point in time the embargo has little impact save you can’t sign a player who currently doesn’t have a club but get to seasons end and it will impact in terms of you can’t get more players in if you have 23 professional players ( defined as players that have played in one first team game)