Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Transfer embargo

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

When we were last in the Championship our fine was a result of a genuine misinterpretation of the rules and the EFL acknowledged that.

Sure it was. And the Trestrellar deal was perfectly normal. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Haha 1

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE...

If for whatever reason we didn't go up (points deduction this season OR just a general implosion of results continuing) we have an embargo, and have to sell players to balance the books at least we have the likes of Alves, Braybrooke, Raikhy, Nelson, Silko Thomas, Stolarczyk, Marcal and Cannon to fall back on. 

• Like 4

It's nice to see some fans firing their ire in the right direction.

You know, we might successfully appeal this embargo or any points deduction, but the simple plain fact is we absolutely should not be breaching these rules in the first place. That is on our ownership and senior management structure.

We know there's no accountability, but in my Disney dreamworld I'd love them to say "you know what... We gambled and it didn't work, we made mistakes that led us to this position. We don't agree with the rulings but we're sorry we let it get this bad in the first place."

But no, deflect, defend, bed in and pretend like the EFL and Premier League have spun a wheel on who to penalise next. 

In my conspiratorial mind, the 22/23 season is starting to make sense.  The club tried to sell players but were being lowballed because they knew we were up crap creek without a paddle.  Agents were probably telling their players that the club didn't have a brass farthing to its name, so other clubs weren't going to pay the fee Leicester wanted.  Hence the "run down your contract for a fat payday" scenario that the club faced and is still facing.  Add the manager to the mix, who was sulking, lost his way, and is partly responsible for the mess the club was in.  Then add to the mix, a board that seemed to be absent and had buried its head in the sand, and voila you had the perfect storm. 

Why is it our club seems to be the masters of shooting ourselves in the foot, head, arse, and then blowing its genitals off?  It is never a dull day in 'Alice in Foxes land' ....it's time to bring back the 'Mad Hatter' as DoF to sort it out with a few head butts here and there.

• Like 3

I find it so odd that in the last few transfer windows we hardly buy anyone sells alot of our players and yet we "allegedly breaking spending rules" so how does that work when other team spend 30 to 40 million plus on one player and have signed at least 4 or more players. I really don't understand what's going on. My wife has even tried asking me what's going on and she's the one with the PhD 😆 

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

It's nice to see some fans firing their ire in the right direction.

You know, we might successfully appeal this embargo or any points deduction, but the simple plain fact is we absolutely should not be breaching these rules in the first place. That is on our ownership and senior management structure.

We know there's no accountability, but in my Disney dreamworld I'd love them to say "you know what... We gambled and it didn't work, we made mistakes that led us to this position. We don't agree with the rulings but we're sorry we let it get this bad in the first place."

But no, deflect, defend, bed in and pretend like the EFL and Premier League have spun a wheel on who to penalise next. 

But it really isn’t a pretence. The PL and EFL have anti-competitive rules that effectively create a closed shop for the big 6. I think you underestimate the importance of our cause for the game as a whole.

Yes of course clubs like Leicester could just accept the power of the big 6 and follow their rules but they have chosen a different route and fans of the game as a whole should be applauding them. Being tribal however, fans tend to celebrate anything that punishes another club even if the consequence is that their own club is kept firmly in its place.

• Like 1

It's obvious now why we made no signing in the January window without being able to sell. 

It wasn't Top being tight fisted so much as our dire finances exposing us to risk of Fair Play sanctions. Sanctions that the Man Citys of the league seem to dodge via expensive lawyers. The cartel at the top were never happy with us upsetting the comfy "big six" from an unfashionable part of the Midlands. I expect Villa wont be made welcome either. 

Supporting Leicester has been a wild ride since Top and his Dad took over, and I am glad to have been part of the crowd to see our PL win and FA Cup. It has been the best decade in our 140 year history.

What next? Promotion with a points deduction that puts us in a relegation battle from day 1 or a season that fizzles out in the playoffs then a transfer ban? Neither a very enticing prospect, but I shall still renew my season ticket. You've got to be their for the crap in order to be part of the glory.

Did the Thais spend too much or too little? Or just plain badly (not that we are unique in this amongst football clubs!)? It seems they can't win with some fans.

Edited by foxinsox
  • Like 2

If we get promoted it could be double whammy as the transfer embargo will remain until removed by the efl.

See ffp appendix 5 5.1

The rules state club remains as if a Championship club regardless of promotion or relegation

12 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Could mean Enzo leaves more importantly 

Would not be surprised if an announcement is made within the next few weeks that he’s leaving at the end of the season regardless of what league we are in.

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned but if we're still under a transfer embargo we don't get Fatawu like we should when we go up in the summer. 

I'm not a doom and gloom person but this could well be the end of Leicester City as I/We know it.

If we don't get promoted he wouldn't be signing anyway as it's only an option in that scenario. If we go up its an obligation and even if the PL take forward an embargo (I doubt they would) because we are obligated to sign him then they'd be required to let us do so. 

14 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Get the one who defended O J Simpson

"If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit" followed by a scene of Rudkin, Rodgers and Whelan trying on Danny Ward's goalkeeping gloves, "see, this mess is nowt to do with us your honor".

Edited by Vestan Pance

59 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

It's obvious now why we made no signing in the January window without being able to sell. 

It wasn't Top being tight fisted so much as our dire finances exposing us to risk of Fair Play sanctions. Sanctions that the Man Citys of the league seem to dodge via expensive lawyers. The cartel at the top were never happy with us upsetting the comfy "big six" from an unfashionable part of the Midlands. I expect Villa wont be made welcome either. 

Supporting Leicester has been a wild ride since Top and his Dad took over, and I am glad to have been part of the crowd to see our PL win and FA Cup. It has been the best decade in our 140 year history.

What next? Promotion with a points deduction that puts us in a relegation battle from day 1 or a season that fizzles out in the playoffs then a transfer ban? Neither a very enticing prospect, but I shall still renew my season ticket. You've got to be their for the crap in order to be part of the glory.

Did the Thais spend too much or too little? Or just plain badly (not that we are unique in this amongst football clubs!)? It seems they can't win with some fans.

Friend, I dont think they spent too much but they spent unwisely.  Since the adrian silver fiasco things have been amateur.  Then I think top was dazzled by Rodgers (with the rodgers appointed transfer advisors also) and so we wasted money  plus allowed players to get to the end of their contracts (... no money for us).  Similarly the wages have gotten out of control... eg george Hirst on 30k a week.  Finally we have not shifted players but have sent them out on loan (often not covering wages sbd generating no capital for buy)

Net net is the club spent too much.  Bickering about how quickly we needed to submit accounts was just pushing the inevitable charges down  the road.

The Thais have given us a great decade... yet their legacy will he judged by how it ends.  I think Top may be fed up with jibes from Thailand and southeast Asia... and I worry he has become disengaged.   It's never dull is it?

Edited by foxinsocks

26 minutes ago, Motty said:

If we get promoted it could be double whammy as the transfer embargo will remain until removed by the efl.

See ffp appendix 5 5.1

The rules state club remains as if a Championship club regardless of promotion or relegation

Did you find this out yourself or was it something you’d heard from a reputable source.  ?
if true it’s a big problem 

in addition to us being unable to renew contracts of existing players we may have wanted to (according to owynn PA ) without efl approval 

you’d assume that the club would understand all the issues before ‘going to war’

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

But it really isn’t a pretence. The PL and EFL have anti-competitive rules that effectively create a closed shop for the big 6. I think you underestimate the importance of our cause for the game as a whole.

Yes of course clubs like Leicester could just accept the power of the big 6 and follow their rules but they have chosen a different route and fans of the game as a whole should be applauding them. Being tribal however, fans tend to celebrate anything that punishes another club even if the consequence is that their own club is kept firmly in its place.

There are two issues, one the rules are bent and two, we and others, broke them, they are not related.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we don't get promoted he wouldn't be signing anyway as it's only an option in that scenario. If we go up its an obligation and even if the PL take forward an embargo (I doubt they would) because we are obligated to sign him then they'd be required to let us do so. 

Let's hope so Ric

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamRocket said:

I find it so odd that in the last few transfer windows we hardly buy anyone sells alot of our players and yet we "allegedly breaking spending rules" so how does that work when other team spend 30 to 40 million plus on one player and have signed at least 4 or more players. I really don't understand what's going on. My wife has even tried asking me what's going on and she's the one with the PhD 😆 

Wages

This whole mess comes down to the absolutely rediculous wages and contracts that the Board, executed through Rudkin have tied the club into over the past 3/4 years. Utterly disgraceful management and there’s no easy way out of it. If we don’t go up this season there’s probably 2 or 3 years to come where there’s not a chance we will meet the allowable losses due to player contracts and the drop in revenue combined with the loans we are paying interest on. Could easily be Reading on steroids within 2 years and Rudkin seemingly continues to be completely untouchable. Maybe a bit hyperbolic but I’m convinced these next 9 games determine the next 10 years for the club 

Edited by Cropwellfox
  • Like 1