Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Transfer embargo

I presume that a transfer embargo would be both ways, not just incomings. If so, is this a ploy to ensure that we cannot sell anyone after June 30 and, by default are stuck with unwanted, or unsold players wages and therefore almost guaranteed to breach elf psr the following season too if we don’t get promoted.

all this will do is mean that other clubs can lowball us for those we need to get off the wage bill. In other words, sell in June, make a loss in this year and get points deducted, or keep on high wages and make a loss next year and get more points deducted.

get promoted, and have points deducted in the PL and get relegated, where the EFL will be waiting for us with another points deduction.

it all adds up to a massive stitch up. “We don’t want any more Leicester city’s”. 

I hope we go all guns blazing, fight them through every means possible and show the corruption for what it really is. 

We may well have broken the rules, but only in an attempt to be competitive, within the means of the club and its owners (no chance of going bust, which is what the rules purportedly are there to prevent) but this really is started to stink of a witch hunt. Time to stick it to the man.

• Like 3

We can sell, just cannot register beyond loan, free agents and  also includes those here already on loan I thought.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I presume that a transfer embargo would be both ways, not just incomings. If so, is this a ploy to ensure that we cannot sell anyone after June 30 and, by default are stuck with unwanted, or unsold players wages and therefore almost guaranteed to breach elf psr the following season too if we don’t get promoted.

all this will do is mean that other clubs can lowball us for those we need to get off the wage bill. In other words, sell in June, make a loss in this year and get points deducted, or keep on high wages and make a loss next year and get more points deducted.

get promoted, and have points deducted in the PL and get relegated, where the EFL will be waiting for us with another points deduction.

it all adds up to a massive stitch up. “We don’t want any more Leicester city’s”. 

I hope we go all guns blazing, fight them through every means possible and show the corruption for what it really is. 

We may well have broken the rules, but only in an attempt to be competitive, within the means of the club and its owners (no chance of going bust, which is what the rules purportedly are there to prevent) but this really is started to stink of a witch hunt. Time to stick it to the man.

The transfer embargo doesn’t stop you selling players. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We can sell, just cannot register beyond loan, free agents and  also includes those here already on loan I thought.

Ok, so we can still sell, but it is still an open invitation for other clubs to lowball us. The only way we would be able to keep a half decent squad would be to get those players out of contract to sign new, reduced deals before the end of June then as they would already be registered at the club. Not much chance of that though with agents in their ears with big fat signing on fees

• Like 1

I don't understand why the EFL  imposes such draconian financial rules to clubs in the championship, it just increases the huge chasm between the PL and championship.

• Like 1

If we went up and EPL also slapped an embargo on us, I wonder where that would leave us with obligations such as Fatawu and possibly Yunus?  Could we be sued for breach those agreements?

And if we went down again would EFL be ready to ambush us with this embargo then?

Perhaps an embargo or a points deduction wouldn't be such a bad thing if we went up.  We could balance the books with TV money and expiring expensive contracts and come straight back down, but also we could put all of our energies into finding and developing youth talent.  Something that we have been pretty good at in recent years, whereas our recruitment has been pretty shambolic.  I really think that expanding our resources into development and scouting is the long term answer for us.

• Like 3

I’m confused that they’re even allowed to issue a punishment (transfer ban) before we’ve been found guilty.

But one of my thoughts was maybe they’ve done it deliberately to speed us up.  Before the transfer ban, it would be in our interests to drag out the investigation as long as possible, to delay any punishment.  We could appeal, appeal again, get new lawyers - all sorts of things to slow down the process.  And in the meantime, we could carry on as we liked.

By giving us a transfer ban, they’re basically saying no you can’t carry on regardless, and you can’t drag this process out to delay punishment.  

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Ok, so we can still sell, but it is still an open invitation for other clubs to lowball us. The only way we would be able to keep a half decent squad would be to get those players out of contract to sign new, reduced deals before the end of June then as they would already be registered at the club. Not much chance of that though with agents in their ears with big fat signing on fees

Owynn PA says we can’t extend contracts either without the approval of the efl 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They are - it’s a preventative policy to avoid intervention too late 

whether they are acting as much out of spite in this instance is possibly likely 

I believe we would be able to register a player with their approval 

As a preventative policy to stop shoplifting I'm not going to let you shop just in case tou might break the rule and shoplift.

That's not how things work if we break the rules after the end of June then we deserve punishment but we shouldn't be punished before we have broken the rule

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terraloon said:

This is why LCFC are now very much between a rock and a hard place. 

The request by the EFL to produce a business plan in October was successfully challenged but come 1/3/24 all sorts of deadlines have occurred in terms of reporting . It’s % correct that there isn’t and can’t be any charge re failing to submit the 30/6/24 accounts but by now there should have been a glut of financial projections and records if they haven’t been submitted then you get into territory that can result in a player embargo. Irrespective by 1/3/24 the latest accounts should have been furnished 

In terms of planning to sale a player or get new sponsorship that sort of information would be in the information I talk about

At this point in time the embargo has little impact save you can’t sign a player who currently doesn’t have a club but get to seasons end and it will impact in terms of you can’t get more players in if you have 23 professional players ( defined as players that have played in one first team game)

Can't renew contracts either which is the bit that I think is very harsh

3 hours ago, urban fox said:

Why?

This mantra that keeps getting trotted out that, because we won the PL title and then the FA cup, that the PL and the FA have got it in for us, is just ludicrous.

I'm not denying the possibility of corruption within these organisations but the chances of us winning either of those trophies again is minimal and certainly not enough to cause the PL or the FA any concerns that might result in them behaving corruptly towards us is IMO, conspiracy theorising at it's extreme.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Can't renew contracts either which is the bit that I think is very harsh

That’s not correct. If it was imposed following an Insolvency event almost certainly extensions wouldn’t be agreed but if my understanding is correct and the embargo is due to. Non submission of accounts or the like then almost certainly they will be allowed

Heres what the rules say

• Yes, Clubs can offer new contracts to existing players, though this will be dependent upon the circumstances of the individual Club and will be determined by the League.

13 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

As a preventative policy to stop shoplifting I'm not going to let you shop just in case tou might break the rule and shoplift.

That's not how things work if we break the rules after the end of June then we deserve punishment but we shouldn't be punished before we have broken the rule

If i’d been charged with shoplifting at a shop down the road then perhaps that might be seen as protecting me from myself ? The efl have a duty of care ref their clubs not getting deeper into the crap - now we know they must be under some pressure from clubs near the top who don’t look like breaking psr this season and we’ve obviously placed our flag in the sand re their right to interfere. Given that they can do this, I’m not shocked that they have 

16 hours ago, Babylon said:

Sure it was. And the Trestrellar deal was perfectly normal. 

Not sure what you want me to say? I don't have a problem with Leicester City overspending outside of the rules to our benefit.

I do have a problem when we are handing out 80k a week to the likes of Soumare, Bertrand, Daka and Vestergaard when we were in an unbelievably good position. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have the answer to the Fatawu situation?

As far as I am aware, it’s an automatic/mandatory £17m transfer on promotion. As this has already been agreed, does it still go through even if we are under embargo? I have everything crossed!!!

Surely now more than ever they need to push on with the expansion and get more fans in to spend money…..make it a siege mentality and a cauldron of noise, make it hostile to all visiting fans, tifos about Leicester vs the world !!!! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bigpapagoldy said:

Surely now more than ever they need to push on with the expansion and get more fans in to spend money…..make it a siege mentality and a cauldron of noise, make it hostile to all visiting fans, tifos about Leicester vs the world !!!! 

Sadly we are about to see our support isn't actually that big or that passionate 

There will be no expansion 

We are utterly in the crappie now and likely to languish like Leeds did for many years in championship 

Even if we get up this season and that's not looking likely, we will be coming straight back down 

Genuinely feel utterly betrayed by current leadership