Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Will we go up?

Will we go up?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Will we go up?

• Yes, Foxes never go down
    • No, we're shit
    • Get Brendan back!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 01/06/24 at 18:40

Whatever the most agonising means of failing to get promotion is, you can guarantee that this team will somehow manage to serve it up.

It’ll be the drip drip drip torture of last season repeated.

I would love to be able to have faith in Maresca and these players to be big, bold, aggressive and show that they are different from Rodgers and his team of bottlers, but there is not one shred of evidence that they are ready, willing and able - either individually or collectively - to rediscover their form of earlier in the season, turn things around and win promotion.

I obviously hope that they prove me wrong. But you know what they say about hope…

• Haha 1

It is genuinely crazy that we go top with our game in hand and yet we all still feel the way we do about this club and its understandable. They are all huge games but for me Monday is the biggest, we lose that its done as it will be toxic and un retrievable however we win that and with other sides playing tough sides in the next two also and I can see us being top and finishing the season strong and in 2nd place. 

We will do it. 

• Like 1

Maybe instead of sacking Enzo we should get someone in to help him. Give some advice and offer a different opinion. The season is still not over and we have a good chance of going up. Think differently and address any issues

12 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

Last season, there was a similar poll, and what struck me was how few actually believed we would get relegated. Now the question begs, exaggeration aside: How many of you truly believe we're going to pull off the biggest collapse in Championship history?

Surely the biggest collapse I'm championship history was Millwall? They were top at Christmas, bought to Russian internationals in and got relegated!

Confidence and momentum are huge at this stage of the season, and we have neither. Yes we missed chances yesterday, but if we're being honest, we've not played well many times in 2024. Enzo's stubbornness will be our undoing, he seems either unwilling or unable to change things to get us winning again. 

2 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

Maybe instead of sacking Enzo we should get someone in to help him. Give some advice and offer a different opinion. The season is still not over and we have a good chance of going up. Think differently and address any issues

You really think that arrogant tw@t would take advice?

They say the signs of madness are doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.  That's Enzoball in a nutshell.  We have been well and truly sussed by all on how we play.  I watched Ipswich and Leeds games yesterday.  Ipswich attack with purpose when they break on teams they attack with four and five men sprinting to join the attack.  We turgidly, turn the ball over and our lone striker up front stays isolated.  Leeds attack with purpose too.

However, the key difference between us and them is their managers use all of their benches.  We don't.  I question what game Maresca was watching yesterday if he truly believed Mavividi and Fatawu, especially, played well.

My beloved club is in freefall.  Boardroom incompetent, Top doesn't care or appears too, promotion I am afraid is along way off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

They say the signs of madness are doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.  That's Enzoball in a nutshell.  We have been well and truly sussed by all on how we play.  I watched Ipswich and Leeds games yesterday.  Ipswich attack with purpose when they break on teams they attack with four and five men sprinting to join the attack.  We turgidly, turn the ball over and our lone striker up front stays isolated.  Leeds attack with purpose too.

However, the key difference between us and them is their managers use all of their benches.  We don't.  I question what game Maresca was watching yesterday if he truly believed Mavividi and Fatawu, especially, played well.

My beloved club is in freefall.  Boardroom incompetent, Top doesn't care or appears too, promotion I am afraid is along way off.

Literally if our strikers keep getting those chances, I expect them to start going in eventually. If teams have sussed us by conceding chances and assume we will just miss, I guess you're right!

• Like 1

This was pretty much the team that won the Championship ten years ago - K Schmeichel, R de Laet, M Wasilewski, W Morgan (c), P Konchesky, D Drinkwater, M James, R Mahrez, A King, A Knockaert, J Vardy - Subs; D Hammond, L Dyer, C Wood, D Nugent. I know football has changed a lot since then, but I'd still back this team a lot more than the current one to finish in the top two from here.
Edited by Thequickbrownfox

Yesterday was a turning point for me. After the week we’ve had, the horrendous form, it was a genuine chance for players to stand up and the manager to manage. No one stood up on the pitch and when things went wrong (missed chances) the manager had no resolution. 

We’ve got the wrong guy in charge and the squad haven’t got it in them to win enough to go up. We haven’t got the mentality to win the play offs. 

I’d be pleasantly surprised if we go up but I cannot see it. 

• Like 2

Suprisingly, we are still in the drivers seat, if you showed your displeasure yesterday, then well done, those players need to know. There were sub par performances yesterday, Stephy, Abdul and Ndidi high among them, i think if anyone is going to lose it for us though it will be enzo, and he has time to examine his choices.

• Thanks 1

I'm still optimistic that we'll get the results we need.  The Bristol performance was poor, too many sloppy mistakes, but some recent results haven't reflected performances.

It's clear for me that Enzo needs to either get the team playing his system in a way where we can raise the intensity when needed instead of one pace throughout, regardless of score, or he needs a clear plan B when Plan A doesn't work.

Our results have been appalling recently but with our quality that can't continue.  From a maths point of view, we have a game in hand over the two above us.  We're just 1 point behind Leeds and 2 behind Ipswich, plus our goal difference is better than Ipswich.

The fanbase here is concerned for good reason, but people saying we won't win another game this season are way off.  We will, and I think we'll do just enough to get over the line in the top 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lad1966 said:

My heart says yes, but my brain says No😡

That's how I feel as well. I truly think we will bottle this, morale is low, the club isn't going to hire a new manager, anyone who believes otherwise needs to lay off the beer. 

Also a bit worried that there's 10 people who voted for Brendan to come back.

• Haha 1

On 30/03/2024 at 04:31, Ric Flair said:

In the same token we can't praise Enzo for when we were doing well then. I've never ever seen a manager act like he has in the last 6 weeks, certainly not in their 1st season here.

You mean make plans for the January window only to be told that the cupboard is bare?

On 30/03/2024 at 08:31, Ric Flair said:

In the same token we can't praise Enzo for when we were doing well then. I've never ever seen a manager act like he has in the last 6 weeks, certainly not in their 1st season here.

That makes no sense at all?!? Playing to the crowd are we?