Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

What would it take to turn on the owners?

38 minutes ago, Dames said:

We arent going to be able to afford to buy players for the forseeable as well as starting the next 2 seasons at least with punishments. 

How can we afford to run our state of the art training facility without Premier League revenues and how are we expected to stay in the Prem or let alone the Championship when we cant afford to sign players or are embargoed? 

If we don't go up, it's going to be hard.

But if we do go up, we won't be under embargo. We'll have lost a large number of high-earners, we'll be able to pocket the money, due to massively reduced wages and everything will be back on an even keel. We might end up getting relegated, but can happen anyway. At least we come down with finances back under control and a few years of parachute payments to play with again. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

And what if we don't get promoted. In my opinion, its as likely as us getting relegated last season. 

FFP seems to be a forever changing goal post, so it's hard to predict. We have one season of big parachute payments left, after that huge cloth cutting is needed. But after a few years, finances will be back under control, and we'll be one of the largest clubs in the league, with one of the largest budgets. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

FFP seems to be a forever changing goal post, so it's hard to predict. We have one season of big parachute payments left, after that huge cloth cutting is needed. But after a few years, finances will be back under control, and we'll be one of the largest clubs in the league, with one of the largest budgets. 

All this presumes that KP group can still be bothered with their plaything. Languish in lower leagues and revenue depleats very quickly. My question was somewhat rhetorical anyway, as the poster was saying it would all be fine as we can spend year 1 rebuilding in the PL. If we don't, and get points deductions in the Championship, things could look very bleak for sometime.  

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

All this presumes that KP group can still be bothered with their plaything. Languish in lower leagues and revenue depleats very quickly. My question was somewhat rhetorical anyway, as the poster was saying it would all be fine as we can spend year 1 rebuilding in the PL. If we don't, and get points deductions in the Championship, things could look very bleak for sometime.  

There's no doubt that our medium-term future hinges on whether we get promoted or not. On the When You're Smiling podcast the other day, they asked Kieran Maguire what the club needs to do next given the horrific financial results it had just published. His answer was very simple: "Get promoted. Achieve that, and things immediately start to look less bleak."

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say the next few weeks will be among the most important in the club's history. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Convenient timing of the club to release the accounts two days before Vichai's birthday. Although he was listed as a June birthday previously.

I would think the comms director will be relatively pleased with how this week has gone. Obviously didn't post the accounts to social media to avoid the backlash, not too much in terms of ongoing fallout and then a free hit with Vichai's birthday. I'd say that was mission accomplished from the PR machine. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Convenient timing of the club to release the accounts two days before Vichai's birthday. Although he was listed as a June birthday previously.

It's always been April? 🧐

14 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Nah, you’re all correct. We should get new owners in. Somebody a bit like Forest’s. Or Blackburn’s. Or Sunderland’s. Or Reading’s. Or Sheff Weds’. Or Cardiff’s. Or Derby’s. Or Everton’s. Or Hull’s. Or Burnley’s. Or Portsmouth’s. Or Wolves’. Or some nice oil bastards, like Man City’s or Newcastle’s. They won’t be able to spend any of that oil money, mind.

I'd much rather ownership that loses £100m a year and takes a team from the cusp of Champions league to the championship and financial sanctions. Throw in the free donuts and beer and you've got the best. Add to that the fact that they stonewall the fan base and barely refuse to make acknowledge of any errors. 

How can you not want more of this?

Financial troubles? Don't worry  we'll spend 18 million on a striker and defender that we don't even need.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I would think the comms director will be relatively pleased with how this week has gone. Obviously didn't post the accounts to social media to avoid the backlash, not too much in terms of ongoing fallout and then a free hit with Vichai's birthday. I'd say that was mission accomplished from the PR machine. 

Very surprised how little fallout there has been from this. Even the article on the BBC site quote dthe single year losses and made them sound largely in line with what other PL clubs were posting. I suppose they will leave their reporting for the response the either the EPL or EFL come up with.

9 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Don't think Top is the problem, he just funds stuff.

He just stupidly has blind faith in Rudders and Whelan, who have massively effed up!

Which makes him part of the problem. Why should we accept throwing money at bad things.

• Like 1

Putting Top to one side as owner - turning on him creates massive repurcussions for the club. I'm against him but also a realist. You dont sell a multi million pound asset and especially not at a loss - we are stuck with him for now. Option 1 would be for him to go but the reality is, it cant just happen. 

Option 2, we should be doing everything we can to protest against his management team. Rudkin needs to go as does Whelan (she's CEO and if she isnt influencing the football decision i.e. the ****ing product, she is surplus to requirements). 

I want to see the club engaging with ex-pros who understand the game and have done post retirement development for their betterment - guys like Morgan, Huth etc. 

I want the club to engage a genuine experienced seasoned CEO and CFO. 

I want the club to hire a up and coming, well regarded DOF or, better still an experienced DOF. 

The club needs to engage experienced business people, NEDs etc. There currently sits no one "exceptional" on our board, in their field. 

The decision making has been atrocious and a full clear out is not just needed, it is justified. 

Faliure to do this ASAP means we then have to go with the harder option 1, and face the ramifications that come with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Has it? I don't think they've changed recently as since about 2017 (but they definitely changed it at some point) they've always said this day. I just think its interesting they delayed the accounts until two days previously.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-leicester-city-football-king-power-thai-a8608656.html

Screenshot_20240404_105855_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

27 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's completely planned on their side. He's earned his money this week at least.

39 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Will it be June though when they announce the ST increases  🤔

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1

One of the biggest battles we have within our fanbase is differentiating the King Power ownership under Vichai and the King Power ownership under Top. 

When we won the league, Top went on to have various interviews where he spoke about his influence on the title win. How HE worked his magic to deliver the impossible. Combine that with his behaviour on the title parade etc. He is egotistical and somewhat self serving. 

Now compare that to the self made billionaire maverick who created careers. Understands, like all good business owners - large or small, that teamwork makes the dream work and you are very much dependant on the good workforce you acquire. 

Here is Khun Vichai post title win:

“I believe winning the Premier League was our fate,” said Khun Vichai during the celebratory parade in Bangkok. “Claudio was fantastic, but I think we would have won it with Nigel. Our players are very special. Claudio and Nigel deserve praise for this.”

There is no comparison between the two and we need to stop doing that. We are under a different form of ownership than the initial King Power - not without it faults by no means but "new" ownership is far more erratic in decision making then the billionaire owner who saved us. We need to treat it as such. Top is now living off his fathers goodwill. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 2

Best way forward now is to change the target. Returning to the champions league dream needs to be stored away. We are lightyears away from that. Focus on getting promoted, survive and look to grow in the premier league set small targets like 3 years a top ten finish, 4-5 years target europa league or conference league. 

Look to improve the youth academy, invest more in that. Maybe looking at coaching staff. We certainly need to look at raising youngsters through the first team and get them ready for big time football. Also utilise our scouts again like we did to find up coming talent in France like knockaert, mahrez and kante.

Wage budget needs to be rethought, sadly players like ndidi, vardy 😰, Albrighton, ward, daka, vestergaard, faers, nacho, pereira within the next two years.

Edited by Leicesterpool

55 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd much rather ownership that loses £100m a year and takes a team from the cusp of Champions league to the championship and financial sanctions. Throw in the free donuts and beer and you've got the best. Add to that the fact that they stonewall the fan base and barely refuse to make acknowledge of any errors. 

How can you not want more of this?

Financial troubles? Don't worry  we'll spend 18 million on a striker and defender that we don't even need.

It’s their money that they’re losing. And they got us to the cusp of the CL in the first place. 

And I don’t know where this myth that they stonewall the fanbase has come from. Top literally has a column in the programme, in which he addresses whatever the talking points are.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

One of the biggest battles we have within our fanbase is differentiating the King Power ownership under Vichai and the King Power ownership under Top. 

When we won the league, Top went on to have various interviews where he spoke about his influence on the title win. How HE worked his magic to deliver the impossible. Combine that with his behaviour on the title parade etc. He is egotistical and somewhat self serving. 

Now compare that to the self made billionaire maverick who created careers. Understands, like all good business owners - large or small, that teamwork makes the dream work and you are very much dependant on the good workforce you acquire. 

Here is Khun Vichai post title win:

“I believe winning the Premier League was our fate,” said Khun Vichai during the celebratory parade in Bangkok. “Claudio was fantastic, but I think we would have won it with Nigel. Our players are very special. Claudio and Nigel deserve praise for this.”

There is no comparison between the two and we need to stop doing that. We are under a different form of ownership than the initial King Power - not without it faults by no means but "new" ownership is far more erratic in decision making then the billionaire owner who saved us. We need to treat it as such. Top is now living off his fathers goodwill. 

It's hard to say how different it is.

They got rid of Pearson, hired Sven and Sousa, wasted huge amounts of money on rubbish and failed FFP in the championship. It was a risk-taking strategy that frankly only turned up trumps with the re-hiring of Pearson. I'm not sure there was a single person really happy with Ranieri; there was a huge slice of luck there. Getting rid of a manager hugely popular within the club despite performing a minor miracle, the farse of the sacking / non sacking prior. It was Pearson who moulded the club, its brilliant scouting and the feeling of everyone pulling together. I'm not entirely sure there is a huge amount of difference there between his decision-making and Tops. We forgot all those things, because we kept moving forwards. 

All owners and clubs will make bad decisions, and it doesn't take many to make a club crumble very quickly. There is a reason why no club has ever kept up those kind of performance levels of our size.  What we did was keep striving to get better and if mistakes were made, we attempted to correct them. We need to correct our mistakes and learn from them, invest in the right areas. It's not impossible to turn things around, be we need to admit out mistakes and if certain people have contributed more to our issues, they need replacing, whoever that might be. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1