Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

What would it take to turn on the owners?

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It's hard to say how different it is.

They got rid of Pearson, hired Sven and Sousa, wasted huge amounts of money on rubbish and failed FFP in the championship. It was a risk-taking strategy that frankly only turned up trumps with the re-hiring of Pearson. I'm not sure there was a single person really happy with Ranieri; there was a huge slice of luck there. Getting rid of a manager hugely popular within the club despite performing a minor miracle, the farse of the sacking / non sacking prior. It was Pearson who moulded the club, its brilliant scouting and the feeling of everyone pulling together. I'm not entirely sure there is a huge amount of difference there between his decision-making and Tops. We forgot all those things, because we kept moving forwards. 

All owners and clubs will make bad decisions, and it doesn't take many to make a club crumble very quickly. There is a reason why no club has ever kept up those kind of performance levels of our size.  What we did was keep striving to get better and if mistakes were made, we attempted to correct them. We need to correct our mistakes and learn from them, invest in the right areas. It's not impossible to turn things around, be we need to admit out mistakes and if certain people have contributed more to our issues, they need replacing, whoever that might be. 

Don't forget Pearson's first push out of the door was down to Manadric, he brought Sousa in. Vichai and Top hadn't came in that stage and joined just before the season was due to begin. Most likely if Vichai had been in charge soon as the season had finished in 2010, Pearson would have stayed. Sven bless him was brought in part of marketing point to attract the fans back, help attract big names to the club and attract global interest. Some aspects it did work, Leicester achieved a new fan base in the far east, sadly due to Sven's over spending we never made that back. Pearson's return lets not forget was never plain sailing, it took us three years under his second spell to get promoted. Missing out in 2013 was a huge blow and financially didn't help either. Let's not forget COVID, no one predicted that, we were in the top four when covid struck. So whose knows what may have happened if that never unfolded. We were on form till then.

17 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I feel like writing out a long, insulting rant at KingPower, the board, the man child, Rodgers and the latest Foxes Trust statement. After 18 months of it, I just don’t have the energy. 

They’ve ****ed us. And they haven’t even finished yet. 

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They got rid of Pearson, hired Sven and Sousa, wasted huge amounts of money on rubbish and failed FFP in the championship. It was a risk-taking strategy that frankly only turned up trumps with the re-hiring of Pearson. I'm not sure there was a single person really happy with Ranieri; there was a huge slice of luck there. Getting rid of a manager hugely popular within the club despite performing a minor miracle, the farse of the sacking / non sacking prior. It was Pearson who moulded the club, its brilliant scouting and the feeling of everyone pulling together. I'm not entirely sure there is a huge amount of difference there between his decision-making and Tops. We forgot all those things, because we kept moving forwards. 

All owners and clubs will make bad decisions, and it doesn't take many to make a club crumble very quickly. There is a reason why no club has ever kept up those kind of performance levels of our size.  What we did was keep striving to get better and if mistakes were made, we attempted to correct them. We need to correct our mistakes and learn from them, invest in the right areas. It's not impossible to turn things around, be we need to admit out mistakes and if certain people have contributed more to our issues, they need replacing, whoever that might be. 

The key point there is we made mistakes under the old regime but did attempt to rectify those. Our mistakes post 2016 led to two top 5 finishes and a FA Cup - the entire recruitment philosophy changed post spunking £30m on Slimani. 

My issue now is we havent made any attempt to correct those mistakes, instead we've doubled down on them. Its infuriating. I think its time for the senior management to move aside as there is very little to suggest they will come back from this. 

40 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Don't forget Pearson's first push out of the door was down to Manadric, he brought Sousa in. Vichai and Top hadn't came in that stage and joined just before the season was due to begin.

The KP takeover was effectively a done deal when Pearson was pushed out. Mandaric would only have allowed Pearson to leave for Hull if Vichai was OK with it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

For arguments sake we do go on a good run, get promoted, the FFP rules change. Then all OK in our world again?

Should all be shitcanned regardless for last season. Some semblance of a standard at the football club has to be found again. 

18 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Nah, you’re all correct. We should get new owners in. Somebody a bit like Forest’s. Or Blackburn’s. Or Sunderland’s. Or Reading’s. Or Sheff Weds’. Or Cardiff’s. Or Derby’s. Or Everton’s. Or Hull’s. Or Burnley’s. Or Portsmouth’s. Or Wolves’. Or some nice oil bastards, like Man City’s or Newcastle’s. They won’t be able to spend any of that oil money, mind.

A person such as David Clowes, the Derby chairman would be the dream. There’s three clubs on your list what have moved on from poor ownership to decent ownership. 

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

A person such as David Clowes, the Derby chairman would be the dream. There’s three clubs on your list what have moved on from poor ownership to decent ownership. 

You say that, but Derby are still pissing about in League 1. Clowes may well be running the club smoothly relative to previous regimes, but they have nowhere near the financial resources of our owners or any major players’ owners.

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I cant turn on Top. Him and his late dad done wonders for the football club, the city and the local community. Probably the Midlands in general. I really want this mess to turn around. Would hate to see Top leave.

People that need to go is Whelan and Rudkin. Big clean out of staff is required. Think the club needs to restart from scratch. Call it a restructure.

Ok, but if he won't get rid of them, then what? 

Edited by BenTheFox

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

You say that, but Derby are still pissing about in League 1. Clowes may well be running the club smoothly relative to previous regimes, but they have nowhere near the financial resources of our owners or any major players’ owners.

People love to start throwing out extremes of ownership as though every set of new owners can be like that whenever it gets questions that King Power might not be this 'best owners in the country'. Clowes has come in paid off a **** load of debt and put the club on a sound financial footing. Oh well an extra season in the League 1 but they are looking up, uniting fans and establishing something. Exactly like Cov are too. 

That we are talking about financial resources of owners is laughable really because a lot of the clubs you mentioned have financial resources but they don't know to use them and in the process, use lose the proper custodian care of your football club. Step forward Mr Boelhy of Chelsea. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We enjoy the ride we’ve had and get on with snivelling mediocrity. Thats what. The dream is gone. 

My fear for the future of this football club is bigger than a return to mediocrity. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Has it? I don't think they've changed recently as since about 2017 (but they definitely changed it at some point) they've always said this day. I just think its interesting they delayed the accounts until two days previously.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-leicester-city-football-king-power-thai-a8608656.html

Screenshot_20240404_105855_WhatsApp.jpg

Probably changed it to a date in the season so we could do something at a home game 

Remember the Tifo they used to wheel out 

Bit like the Top falling in love with the club in 1997 BS

Edited by MattFox

Also if Top had true commitment to the club like he’s saying, they’d be digging in the ground for the stadium extension. Reality is more like they aren’t cash rich enough to fund it without PL money to loan off ala Seagrave. 

Whatever guise FFP is in, revenue is still the king and infrastructure investment is excluded. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

My fear for the future of this football club is bigger than a return to mediocrity. 

.well, yeah, it could go very badly wrong. But life will go on. Be sad and upsetting but you know…..

17 hours ago, Dames said:

This is the opinion of 80% of the fanbase outside of social media and the internet. With people so heavily drinking the kool aid like this we dont stand a chance as fans forcing change and we’ll have to watch helplessly as the majority happy clap our way to oblivion. 

We really are King Power FC at this point. 

I always feared the KP worship would bite us in this way. We're truly ****ed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Babylon said:

That first year or two, Top was on the news a lot about the decisions he was making and that his Dad let him do what he was doing, I think when we went back to Pearson is when his dad was taking more control and falling in love with the club in his own right.

Also the FFP in the championship is not comparable, we were never formally charged, and we had setup some stuff to inflate our income :)  This time we didnt do that, and have a huge clear failure.

Vichai's death is the reason why City is in the state it currently is. Top isn't Vichai and wasn't ready to take on the complex and enormously responsible job of running a Premier level football club. Rodgers was a mistake, but we finally won the Cup so a glorious mistake. However he should have been shown the door a season before he was. His ego was bigger than the club he was employed to manage. Avoiding relegation was more important than avoiding his payoff.

Grandiose vanity developments come second to keeping the club in the Premier. That's where the income is.

Leicester City is more important to me than its owners - Vichai being the exception. Rudkin and Whelan have been lax in the extreme and I suspect been less than honest, decisive and acting with the club foremost in their advice to Top. Fat salaries and big payoffs from a sucker club mean their incentive for looking after business comes after living the high life.

Would Vichai be happy with this - of course not? Did he build up his business by being sloppy? Would he have allowed Rodgers his bumper bundle contract? The short answer is of course not.

Now City have to go through all kinds of potential shit because of incompetence at so many levels.

I suspect Maresca knew very little of this situation. I'd be mightily pissed off if I were him. If he and the boys can stop the rot and get an automatic place then thanks be to them. But Top and 'the board' need to ask themselves some very searching questions about their performance over the last few seasons of their management.

17 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The key point there is we made mistakes under the old regime but did attempt to rectify those. Our mistakes post 2016 led to two top 5 finishes and a FA Cup - the entire recruitment philosophy changed post spunking £30m on Slimani. 

My issue now is we havent made any attempt to correct those mistakes, instead we've doubled down on them. Its infuriating. I think its time for the senior management to move aside as there is very little to suggest they will come back from this. 

Except the billionaire owner and their track record over a decade. No nothing at all.

The truth is we will never ever know if things would have turned out differently under Vichai, maybe just maybe a club of our size was always going to come a cropper trying to consistently compete and disrupt the big 6, or accept that from a long term sustainability perspective, we reigned it in somewhat and traded mid table obscurity in exchange for a long stay in the premier league. 

It has been a unique journey where we have tasted the sweetest success but also the bitterest fall from grace, instead of being Vanilla we wanted to be an exotic flavour, became the flavour of the month only for it to reach a glass ceiling and we faded away whilst Vanilla (Palace) continue to be a mid range but sustainable club. 

The FA Cup win was the perfect opportunity to cash in and refresh, start a new cycle whilst also enabling the club to bring finances under control, we didn’t and as a consequence it folded like a deck of cards and we collapsed in quite spectacular fashion. We were just not in a position, have the infrastructure or the right people operating at a senior level in our club to sustainably compete at the levels our ambitions targeted. 

The negotiations and signings in the summer following that FA Cup win is exhibit A in demonstrating how inept Jon Rudkin is to operate as DoF at a club of our size with our ambition and resources. To oversee such a criminal overspend on wages to 4 new signings, even if the 4 were all 1st choice targets and the manager is pushing to sign them all, the wage demands should have been a red flag and we either played hard ball and negotiated more sustainable contractual terms or moved onto plan B. 

We seemed to have struck gold in hiring Maresca, a manager with a freshness and passion, attention to detail and to build sports science, data analytics and recruitment teams very much in the way Pearson did, however it now feels the rug has been well and truly pulled from underneath him, the messages from the summer about rebuilding the club and long term projects are absolute pipe dreams now due to the dire financial situation we find ourselves in and the repercussions this will have to our ability to compete in whichever league we end up in and also our ability operate in the transfer market. How he transformed the atmosphere within the club was very Pearsonesque and I genuinely do feel for the bloke as I am convinced he had no inkling of the financial

carnage that lay ahead and it only became

apparent approaching it during the January transfer window. 

I don’t feel sorry for Enzo in terms of the budget and players he has to work with, but I do feel some sympathy towards him in relation to how the club appear to have only told him part of the story and have effectively thrown him under a bus from

half way through the season and the goal posts have moved to significantly that of he does stay he will effectively be managing  with both arms and legs tied behind his back and blindfolded. 

I really cannot see how his relationship with the higher ups at the club can be anything other than freyed and how much trust exists now? I think come the summer unless there is significant change in the structure and operators at senior levels in the club, we will see Enzo walk away and I am really not sure where that will leave us. 

• Like 2