Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

What would it take to turn on the owners?

23 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Isn't the point of this tho to stop the club continuing with £90 mil plus losses, take your point with the £200 mil debt, but the £90 mil losses won't continue.

I suppose the real issue for any business is its quite hard to turn a 90 million loss into a much smaller one without dramatic cost cutting. The real issue is the football model is broken for all but the rich six, it only competive for them . Its going to be a long time before this club return anything for a 'new owner' it has no value or purpose to anyone but its fans really. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

This argument is fvcking boring now. 

Not one person in support of the current regime ever mentions donuts or beer as a big plus point. It's a fake argument. 

They struggle to mention anything with a mouthful of donuts :ph34r:

• Haha 1

What would it take to turn on the owners?

For me it would take 3 massive unbelievable **** ups that are so unrealistic it could never happen. Could it?

Not sacking Rodgers 8 games into the 22/23 season.

Not sacking Rudkin after he stuck with Rodgers for a year too long

The set of accounts just released that document how much we paid our elite squad of relegated players.

• Like 1

Also King Power have done some great things on the flip side to my previous reply. 

Like Others have said, we’ve completed English football now. We’ve had our most successful period ever on the field.

We own the stadium and have one of the best training facilities in the world.

You can’t appreciate the highs we’ve had, unless you’ve experienced the lows. Always remember how special it felt to win the league, FA Cup and Charity Shield. With us hitting harder times, you don’t appreciate what it is. King Power have given us that.

It’s just been a bit turbulent and would

make a great TV series! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Probably something like getting relegated from the Premier League, then blowing an almost unblowable lead in the championship - all whilst financially crippling the club.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Sly said:

Only time will tell in this, however I get the feeling we’re watching a storm brew to be honest. 

If you were to asses the years that King Power have been in charge, they’ve had some shockers in terms of decision making at times. 

We proved that money doesn’t equate to good building a great team. We captured lighting in a bottle in 15/16 and I wouldn’t say that was through King Powers doing if I’m honest. If anything, you could argue that we didn’t capitalise our position and build upon that momentum. 

I’m not the person that worships the ground that Nigel Pearson and his team walks on, however I can see that they did a great job in sorting out the absolute mess that was generated by Sousa and Erikson when returning. Then also rebuilding the club to a position that it was allowed to be moved forward by a more competently tactical

management team. Puel as well, for all the turgid football we played under him, largely sorted the mess left behind by The post Pearson years. 

We need a competent Director of Football that keeps all of this under control, maybe Puel was the answer to this. Then a good tactical head coach to utilise the players at his disposal to compete.

We’ve made some really odd calls at times in relation to how we’ve handled situations,

The appointment of Sousa, and him only watching us lose in the playoffs at Cardiff.

The non sacking and re-hiring of Pearson.

The handling of the Thai incident

The Inability to use a fax machine correctly to register the Silva signing,

Watching us collapse under Rodgers and doing nothing about it. Why we left him persist with Danny Ward in nets and Danny Amartey in defence, when half the world could see they were struggling was criminal. 

Getting shot of Rodgers and having no plan B. 

Top having a pop at the fans. 

Signing players that we either don’t need, or didn’t fit our culture or footballing philosophy. 

Massively overpaying in terms of salary in terms of ability. Also massively overpaying for initial transfer fees with no possible sell on. Slimani at £30m was not a great capture at 27 years old. 

Not cashing in, then allowing people to leave on free transfers. Soyuncu and Tielemans were worth over £50m each at one point and they left for free. It will happen again this season with Ndidi, Praet, Iheanacho and Vestergaard. 

As good as we’ve been on selling people like

Maguire, Fofana, Drinkwater, Mahrez etc, we’ve had some shockers when you consider the ability of Kante, Maddison and Barnes. 

Poor commercial growth off the field. A minimal sponsorship deal with King Power for the stadium among rights isn’t the answer to growing us. Selling boxes cheap so they’re gone isn’t the answer. 

The complete lack of communication from King Power to the supporters. 

We collapsed twice from strong positions and it’s happening again, it’s happening again. 

We have also been relegated with a wage bill that is only £30m per year less than Arsenals. A team that resides in London. That in itself is crazy, even before you adjust it for regional differences. 

Outside of Leicester, they’ve had the dodgy tax dealings in Thailand and links to the Thai government / royal family, whichever ways it’s floating. Also the constant murmurs of monopolisation of duty free.  

We’ve had a great decade and a great rollercoaster ride, however we are coming off the tracks I feel and to a degree, the signs have been available for all

of us to see. Maybe we’ve just been ostriches? 

Like I started with, time will tell. 

don't like being fickle but sadly some very good points here. 4me i'm so grateful for what has happened last 8 year i can check out happy but like so many smaller clubs( if you like) we haven't maintained it . nowt new .  derby   leeds    villa  and many historically  pre prem and  blackburn 4 year after being champs went down to name a few, some clubs get ideas they have the midas touch. MANY of our  club staff / anyone with  authority since title win seem to walk around like they won the DAMN  league so god knows how the top people so to speak must carry em selves off , we would probably only know them by the size of their wallets and heads. love the city but cant stand the club now. ideas above stations, none football people basically not fit for their rolls.  

7 hours ago, MattFox said:

Serious question

Can’t even see the last months shit show bothering the majority of our home support?

I think if anyone tried in the ground they would get overloaded with pressure to stop.  I think the owners even with these figures are likely to have a majority support.

I think most will accept TOP's statement, combined with Whelan's comments that Top is assuring the club isnt liquidated, and Whelan says it is just down to lower than expected results in one single season, they will be rallied by the legal action and blame it all on the football authorities.

The reality is given that promotion is far from a foregone conclusion and regardless next season we are very likely to have a hefty points deduction so at best we could be yo-yoing between the top two divisions, at worst it could be an extended stay in the EFL, hardly enticing for any potential new ownership. 

Given the uncertainty I think KP is probably our safest bet to ride through these choppy waters whilst the club resets, however that is only really the case if Top grows a pair and removes Rudkin and Whelan and replaces them with experienced and capable operators within the football industry. 

Selling at this point in time and I would genuinely fear we end up with someone like Chansiri or Yongge at Reading and that could make this current situation look like a walk in the park. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aklaxon said:

There's a difference between owners and those that run the club.

Top writes the cheques. Rudkin, Whelan (and some others we have no idea about) run the show.

I would like the cheques to continue. But Top needs serious help, and Rudkin and co aren't providing it.

Partially agree here in that senior management clearly haven’t performed individually or collectively. However the board oversee the collective performance of the club on and off the pitch and if things aren’t working or going in the wrong direction it is their job to get it back on track. They haven’t done this and aren’t immune from criticism. Top is chair of the board.and needs to get in a senior management team that can function together to do that. That includes his own role. He also heads the organisation who own the company that should be pushing for changes at senior level. A bit of a conflict. 

• Like 1

I kinda feel sorry for Top in a way. LCFC is part of his Dad’s legacy. He achieved the unachievable. Got us in a position to win things we never thought possible. But now we’re back to square one and financially ****ed.

Top had big shoes to fill and he isn’t the man for the job. So I understand his reluctance to sell because it must feel like turning his back on something Vichai built, but sadly he’s doing more damage being asleep at the wheel and being made a fool of by the likes of Rudkin and Whelan. Even keeping Brendan for as long as he did shows naivety. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Never. The place is a shrine to King Power and that now something too big mentally to go against for a huge majority.

Exactly do a lot of fans feel chanting sack whoever is being disrespectful to Viachi.

None of us would ever do that to him at all. But not being happy with Rodgers Rudkin or Whealen is no slur on the great man.

It's being pi55ed off with decisions being made now and since his passing. He may of put Jon and Susan in the positions they hold today. But that don't mean they are performing at the same level without his guidance.

9 hours ago, jbflcfc said:

Weird comment this is..

You ever tried being critical of the ownership in the stands or on social media? FT is actually one of the only places where any negativity towards the ownership is allowed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Product of 84 said:

We know our Top will keep putting his hand in his and King Power's pocket. 

I'm furious, just like everyone else, I just don't think we can afford to force them out. 

‘Our Top’ - he’s not ours. We’re not his. His Dad’s company bought our football club.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Probably something like getting relegated from the Premier League, then blowing an almost unblowable lead in the championship - all whilst financially crippling the club.

No mate, you can't hold anyone accountable for that. 

We have to be good little supporters and support them whilst they continually **** everything up. 

Blind support with zero accountability as mentioned above is utter nonsense. 

These people are custodians of the club nothing more, and if the man at the top hasn't got the minerals to make tough decisions he shouldn't be heading up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The reality is given that promotion is far from a foregone conclusion and regardless next season we are very likely to have a hefty points deduction so at best we could be yo-yoing between the top two divisions, at worst it could be an extended stay in the EFL, hardly enticing for any potential new ownership. 

Given the uncertainty I think KP is probably our safest bet to ride through these choppy waters whilst the club resets, however that is only really the case if Top grows a pair and removes Rudkin and Whelan and replaces them with experienced and capable operators within the football industry. 

Selling at this point in time and I would genuinely fear we end up with someone like Chansiri or Yongge at Reading and that could make this current situation look like a walk in the park. 

There is also the possibility that if we don’t go up the EFL will throw the book at us, and we could end up with a Derby style points deduction and go down to League One… :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

No it isn’t. It’s a great club that has performed brilliantly for the most part over the last decade.

But to the detriment of the club. We probably could have continued to have success if we weren’t so negligent with the finances. The contracts and wages have killed us…. We tried to financially compete with the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal….. these clubs are financial powerhouses, for which we can never financially compete against. To even attempt to is negligent…. We could have still have been successful but not have been spending more money that the club was even generating. 

It’s just not acceptable in any walk of life, and the worst part is, we got relegated, the spending didn’t stop and we still managed to fail. It’s the signs of a very badly run club, in fact, we’re probably now amongst the worst run clubs in the country which has been proven factually. 

In terms of punishments, surely if it’s the premier league it will be in line with the rest of the league. 

I imagine us getting legal protection is that we’re defending ourselves from the off, yes we have breached, but the PL can still only punish us proportionately, and not add extra because they want to punish us even more, because legally we could probably stop that. 

So, we could still only end up with 6 points deducted? Surely? 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

In terms of punishments, surely if it’s the premier league it will be in line with the rest of the league. 

I imagine us getting legal protection is that we’re defending ourselves from the off, yes we have breached, but the PL can still only punish us proportionately, and not add extra because they want to punish us even more, because legally we could probably stop that. 

So, we could still only end up with 6 points deducted? Surely? 

But we’ve breached it by miles more than Everton or forest. If it’s 6 points, it’ll be 6 for everyone. Then what stops the big six taking that hit if they think that’s the maximum they’ll be hit by? 6 points for other clubs isn’t a great deal. 

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

There is also the possibility that if we don’t go up the EFL will throw the book at us, and we could end up with a Derby style points deduction and go down to League One… :ph34r:

The Midlands Super League will be born…

Us, Forest, Derby, Villa, Coventry, WBA, Birmingham, Walsall, Stoke, Wolves, Notts County, Peterborough, Burton, Grimsby, Lincoln, Mansfield, Port Vale, Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Sutton. 

All streamed on Netflix / Prime

Winner gets a bus tour around the capital, where bemused bystanders wonder what’s occurring. 

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

The Midlands Super League will be born…

Us, Forest, Derby, Villa, Coventry, WBA, Birmingham, Walsall, Stoke, Wolves, Notts County, Peterborough, Burton, Grimsby, Lincoln, Mansfield, Port Vale, Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Sutton. 

All streamed on Netflix / Prime

Winner gets a bus tour around the capital, where bemused bystanders wonder what’s occurring. 

:ph34r:

Training and jumpers for goalposts of Vicky Park. Then we could turn Seagrave into a rehab therapy unit for footballers who’ve signed ridiculous contracts and who aren’t getting game time because they’re either shit, psychologically screwed and or running down contracts.

Oh wait…

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

But we’ve breached it by miles more than Everton or forest. If it’s 6 points, it’ll be 6 for everyone. Then what stops the big six taking that hit if they think that’s the maximum they’ll be hit by? 6 points for other clubs isn’t a great deal. 

We don't actually know this yet. It will come down to how much we can argue should be deducted for non-PSR expenditure,