Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

What would it take to turn on the owners?

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont have an issue with Mandaric's reign, he put his soul into the club, and even started liquidating his other assets to fund us.

He did something right to get the club in a state to be attractive to buy as well.

Agree.  Without him we would never have had King Power and the glory years 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The overwhelming priority right now is getting promoted. If we achieve that, our medium-term future immediately begins to look less bleak. Anything which potentially works against that goal - eg, fan protests against the owners - is a terrible idea. It would have been moronic in the extreme to protest on a day when we desperately needed everybody behind the team. Thankfully, the fans weren’t that stupid. 

100% this

Imagine compounding our issues

Should we not achieve promotion however…

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Owners didn’t relegate the club but enabled to win the PL and FA Cup?

They were either responsible for the success and failures, or not responsible for any of it.

Exactly 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

The overwhelming priority right now is getting promoted. If we achieve that, our medium-term future immediately begins to look less bleak. Anything which potentially works against that goal - eg, fan protests against the owners - is a terrible idea. It would have been moronic in the extreme to protest on a day when we desperately needed everybody behind the team. Thankfully, the fans weren’t that stupid. 

I don't disagree. I still think there's next to no chance the fans turn on the ownership though. Even in a situation in say October, 0-3 down to Bournemouth and still on minus points. Maresca would get a barrel, I doubt there'd be a word about King Power.

• Like 2

Agree that all the focus should be on delivering promotion but, also expect that the higher ups will suspect the demand from fans to make changes will have passed amongst the celebrations.  Obviously depends what the EPL / IC penalty levied is in the Summer.

It’s goin to be a massive summer with recruitment key. My gut tells me Rudders will oversee our business and still be in place come match day one.

Edited by JimmyC74

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s scary how it seems most seem happy to turn on the players and manger (who are doing everything to help us and our future) but not the guys who are ruining us financially. 

What's to gain by doing it now?

Seems like the most counter-productive thing in these last couple of weeks of the season where promotion is the only thing that can be impacted (either positively or negatively)

People will always have a go at perceived lack of effort by players or by a manager repeating tactics that hadn't really worked for 3 months

If we've turned the corner as it appears, then attention will turn to board when the impact is decided

Edited by cc_star
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cc_star said:

Seems like the most counter-productive thing in these last couple of weeks of the season

Yeah it’s mad. No idea why tbf we need to back the team more than ever 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s scary how it seems most seem happy to turn on the players and manger (who are doing everything to help us and our future) but not the guys who are ruining us financially. 

We should be focusing completely on supporting the team which is something we can affect. Right now, the consequences of the financial problems, are unknown. If you think it’s more important to wave banners, chant against the board and owners, perhaps you could slip in a bit of support for those on the pitch at the same time.

Just now, OnlyOneCity said:

We should be focusing completely on supporting the team which is something we can affect. Right now, the consequences of the financial problems, are unknown. If you think it’s more important to wave banners, chant against the board and owners, perhaps you could slip in a bit of support for those on the pitch at the same time.

Yeah I agree I’m fully behind the team and manager 

3 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Seems like the most counter-productive thing in these last couple of weeks of the season

Agreed, tho I wouldn’t see a negative in Top engaging a recruitment firm to see who might be available to fill the Sporting Director position in the Summer.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't disagree. I still think there's next to no chance the fans turn on the ownership though. Even in a situation in say October, 0-3 down to Bournemouth and still on minus points. Maresca would get a barrel, I doubt there'd be a word about King Power.

Maresca will get far more stick than Rodgers did too despite the latter having a much stronger side and starting from a much stabler position 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cc_star said:

Operated outside the PL rules to amass the team that finished in European places

Both amazing achievements under KP are now tainted by cheating allegations, because we've been ran so badly since Vichai's tragic death

When did we break rules to finish 5th two season running, our losses weren’t high at  that stage.

Neither the league or FA Cup wins have been tainted. We broke the spending rules after that.

You’ve clearly spent far too long listening to Spurs/Leeds/co* fans whining.

• Like 2

On 07/04/2024 at 10:07, Chrysalis said:

I dont have an issue with Mandaric's reign, he put his soul into the club, and even started liquidating his other assets to fund us.

He did something right to get the club in a state to be attractive to buy as well.

He literally filled the squad with shit he found on YouTube, sacked a load of managers and delivered us to the third tier. Not a word that came out of the man’s mouth could be trusted, it’s difficult to imagine a worse owner. 

edit: And nothing was funded with his money, he was a fraud and a cheat and was saved by luck with the buyout and KP assuming his debts. Without the sale, this would’ve been round the corner for us - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/mandaric-hit-with-tax-charges-1865918.html

Edited by Daggers
Added in his tax evasion charge
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Agreed, tho I wouldn’t see a negative in Top engaging a recruitment firm to see who might be available to fill the Sporting Director position in the Summer.

We already know who is available, Pearson The Man who took us from the ashes and back to the Premiership. Not only that he rebuilt the Club from Bottom to top.

He also signed some great players including the Legend Vardy and Mahrez along with Morgan, Shinji, Knocky, Albrighton, Drinky, Etc.

He's getting on now and he'd be perfect running the Football side of the Club without the pressures of Manangement.

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Protest once promotion is confirmed.

Great idea, there's never enough protests.

You be first waiting outside the clubs entrance and start the protest and we'll be behind you

Protest against spending too much on players in both signing on and salary in the quest for success. Mismanaged at the top, but failed by a shyster manager who they placed too much faith in and wanted out.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

He literally filled the squad with shit he found on YouTube, sacked a load of managers and delivered us to the third tier. Not a word that came out of the man’s mouth could be trusted, it’s difficult to imagine a worse owner. 

Not to mention we were probably lucky to end up with the owners we did. He sold Portsmouth to someone accused of asset stripping Portsmouth, leading to a chain of events that led to their financial decimation, and then sold Sheffield Wednesday to Dejphon Chansiri; a tetchy man who refuses to invest more because he's made multiple bungles in his ownership time.

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Not to mention we were probably lucky to end up with the owners we did. He sold Portsmouth to someone accused of asset stripping Portsmouth, leading to a chain of events that led to their financial decimation, and then sold Sheffield Wednesday to Dejphon Chansiri; a tetchy man who refuses to invest more because he's made multiple bungles in his ownership time.

There was nothing competent or trustworthy about the man. He was an odious self-interested scam artist.

15 hours ago, Daggers said:

edit: And nothing was funded with his money, he was a fraud and a cheat with portsmouth and maybe was saved by luck with the buyout and KP assuming his debts. Without the sale, this could’ve been round the corner for us - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/mandaric-hit-with-tax-charges-1865918.html

Is there a problem with sacking managers, you seem to consider it something that shouldn't be done?

Maybe we should have kept Holloway on and never employed Nigel, and keeping Rodgers on for so long was a masterstroke.

Edited your post for correctness, but if you have proof of the original claims for the running of LCFC feel free to post it.   Not saying you are wrong in how he ran our club, but I would like to see at least a little bit of something to indicate it.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 03/04/2024 at 02:36, SecretPro said:

Equally they could be better, they might actually have an understanding of how to manage a club or at least get some hotshot Man City lawyers when they **** up lol

The great unknown. 

They would likely be either American or from the MIddle East, and have no useful attributes.