Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

What would it take to turn on the owners?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

And do what? There is still value in the club, they are not likely to dessert the asset. Yes they could sell us to some shyster, but….

We know our Top will keep putting his hand in his and King Power's pocket. 

I'm furious, just like everyone else, I just don't think we can afford to force them out. 

Just now, Product of 84 said:

We know our Top will keep putting his hand in his and King Power's pocket. 

I'm furious, just like everyone else, I just don't think we can afford to force them out. 

I mean we can't make them leave regardless 

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Well the club has to be a saleable asset, currently it isn't.

Likely to be hit with point deduction for the next few years, Championship Club.

You'd have to be some salesman to sell this sack of shit, the rules make it insolvent if the Top 'leaves' not covering the debts like now. There ain't no businessman coming in buying the club for say 100 Mill and clearing 200 mill debt, its just not happening when he's getting no return over 10 years.

Literally these dumb rules will kill football, we might be the first club to die but blame the owners not the authorities for punishing those daring to dream. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

if one of either Whelan or Rudkin doesn't get replaced in the summer I think Top will lose fan support, you can't have accounts like this and not act

Does your average person who attends on a Saturday, even know who Rudkin is?

I reckon 50% of the crowd just about know the youth players. 10% barely know the first team, another 30% know a bit more about the off field coaching staff etc etc

Most of that 90% won’t even be aware this is happening. 

That leaves the 10% of the fans bases that will be on here, Bentleys roof etc that discuss the inner workings and even we are guessing what the likes of Rudkin and Whelan are doing day to day, let’s be honest. 

It’s all a mess. It’s all one big mess. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It absolutely isn't though. If they announced a free coconut for Saturday the Facebook comments would be flooded with "best owners in the world".

Not from me, I'm allergic to coconut so they can go f#ck themselves😂 

• Haha 2

A damning reflection on how brainwashed most of our fans are that they haven't already. Top is every bit as inept as Chansiri - it's just Chansiri hasn't inherited a solid PL club.

Their performance is disgusting. They should be hounded out of here. But they won't be.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I guess, what happens if King Power decides it isn’t going to keep putting money in, as it’s getting no return on investment? 

We could be well and truly screwed here, as they’ll struggle to sell the club as a whole, if it’s not worth anything. The potential multiple years of points deductions would really hurt us. Isn’t this what happened to Wimbledon? 

If they treat it like a business and not a sports club, they’ll have had discussions on divestment of assets, winding it down, asset strip it and then it shut down. 

We’ve seen no movement, or communication on the expansion. 

We could sell Seagrave in fairness, as someone would buy that and potentially turn it into a sports centre. 

A new business could be formed by new owners by purchasing the stadium etc, however where does that leave us? 

2 hours ago, Mr Mister said:

I am in the camp of be careful what you wish for. The next owners could be far worse, like a Dai Youngge or an Oystons.

The probability of downgrading from this is absolutely tiny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People keep saying time for change, get them our etc do you really understand how it works?

Most people involved in football clubs aren't fans, they don't care like us.

Yes King Power have made a vast error of judgement, which we are going to pay for. However, it's part them part over forecasting and the rules being shit. 

The reality is NOONE buys this club, a club losing 90 mil a year, with a 200 million debt and a whole host of bollocks around dumb rules hitting our ability to complete fir 3 years is not going to be sold or brought by ANYONE thems the facts.

If KP pull out and don't service the losses, which they are perfectly able to and willing to do at present (probably a debt equityswap in a few years as top and Kp have dones before), we have a 200 million debt and year losses (no easy way to clear tgat without reducingonfield performance), we are insolvent. Piss off and drive out King Power at your own risk but you will likely be threatening the existence of the club. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

People keep saying time for change, get them our etc do you really understand how it works?

Yes King Power have made a vast error of judgement, which we are going to pay for. However, it's part them part over forecasting and the rules being shit. 

The reality is NOONE buys this club, a club losing 90 mil a year, with a 200 million debt and a whole host of bollocks around dumb rules hitting our ability to complete fir 3 years is not going to be sold or brought by ANYONE thems the facts.

If KP pull out and don't service the losses, which they are perfectly able to and willing to do at present (probably a debt equityswap in a few years as top and Kp have dones before), we have a 200 million debt and year losses (no easy way to clear tgat without reducingonfield performance), we are insolvent. Piss off and drive out King Power at your own risk but you will likely be threatening the existence of the club. 

This is where I stand If I’m honest.

My fear is they pull out if the EFL and EPL come at us hard, then go and play football in Belgium with OHL where life seems to be a tad easier. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

This argument is fvcking boring now. 

Not one person in support of the current regime ever mentions donuts or beer as a big plus point. It's a fake argument. 

And also not true, Chang supply the beers as part of their sponsorship round the ground, even the coconuts were a drinks company freebie.

Anyway.....

My problem isn't with Top. Yet.

Don't get me wrong I have huge issues with his leadership, especially since the cup season but he's the owner. The football club board run the club. Whelan as CEO and the 7 or 8 underlings who do their various advisory bits. It's these people that have screwed us over and given Top such horrific advice, he should be sacking them all on 5th May. The very least that should happen is Whelan goes as CEO but

We have a financial director (a new guy tbf not the one that was here for several seasons)

We have a strategy director

We have a football operations director

We have an operations director

We have a general counsel (no, me neither)

These people - by title alone - are responsible for this utter fiasco. If this mess, following relegation, isn't big enough to get them sacked, nothing ever will be. If no-one is held accountable then you have to question Top as an owner. At this point, the King Power board and shareholders must be putting pressure on him to get this sorted out. It's costing them money and taking their brand into the gutter. The only focus for us - as fans - is to back this club as much as possible from the stands to ensure we get back up to the land of milk and honey and get some revenue back into the club. As soon as the season's over, questions have to be asked  - and answered publicly  this time, not with a secret meeting - about how we go forward and restructure this club. After administration we should never have been in this mess again.

Don't get me wrong I have huge issues with his leadership, especially since the cup season but he's the owner. The football club board run the club.Whelan as CEO and the 7 or 8 underlings who do their various advisory bits. It's these people that have screwed us over and given Top such horrific advice, he should be sacking them all on 5th May.

We have a financial director (a new guy tbf not the one that was here for several seasons)

We have a strategy director

We have a football operations director

We have an operations director

We have a general counsel (no, me neither)

These people - by title alone - are responsible for this utter fiasco. If this mess, following relegation, isn't big enough to get them sacked, nothing ever will be. If no-one is held accountable then you have to question Top as an owner.

Also, despite this financial disaster, look at Sheff Wed, Reading, Pompey, Derby and many others over the last decade. Right now we're under-pinned by an owner/company with an interest in keeping their brand in the spotlight. The next owner may not have any of those or the club's interests at heart and I'd hate for a Dai Yonng, Chansiri or Venky type owner to be the next one through the doors.

At this point, the King Power board and shareholders must be putting pressure on Top to get this sorted out. It's costing them money and taking their brand into the gutter. The only focus for us - as fans - is to back this club as much as possible from the stands to ensure we get back up to the land of milk and honey and get some revenue back into the club. As soon as the season's over, questions have to be asked  - and answered publicly  this time, not with a secret meeting - about how we go forward and restructure this club. After administration we should never have been in this mess again.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Isn't the point of this tho to stop the club continuing with £90 mil plus losses, take your point with the £200 mil debt, but the £90 mil losses won't continue.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Does your average person who attends on a Saturday, even know who Rudkin is?

I reckon 50% of the crowd just about know the youth players. 10% barely know the first team, another 30% know a bit more about the off field coaching staff etc etc

Most of that 90% won’t even be aware this is happening. 

That leaves the 10% of the fans bases that will be on here, Bentleys roof etc that discuss the inner workings and even we are guessing what the likes of Rudkin and Whelan are doing day to day, let’s be honest. 

It’s all a mess. It’s all one big mess. 

No it isn’t. It’s a great club that has performed brilliantly for the most part over the last decade.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

What we need is banners banners and more banners!!!

I will always support the club, and that sometimes means targeting those at board level to protect our club.

image.png.f35ac3816c312a7f7ff2cf6d5580f36b.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

If Top won’t meet with the fans we should force it. Protests outside the KP might force his hand. It will not be a good look for the club and bad publicity for the king power group but a necessary evil. Have to be careful we don’t unsettle the team & manager anymore than they already are

Top probably won't meet the fans, sell up or sack his minions, he doesn't feel like a lad who been supporting his city for 50 years, so why would he?

There's a difference between owners and those that run the club.

Top writes the cheques. Rudkin, Whelan (and some others we have no idea about) run the show.

I would like the cheques to continue. But Top needs serious help, and Rudkin and co aren't providing it.

• Like 2