Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

What would it take to turn on the owners?

11 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

KPFC fans talk like Top was some 17 year old doing his A-levels and prepping for his gap year backpacking around Australia when Vichai died.

He'd been second in command for eight years, and at a high level in King Power for years too. If he wasn't ready and he's still inexperienced now then I'm not sure when he will be.

Yeah, but he had only just been let out of the post room and had just started his 'Excel for Beginners' course. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

KPFC fans talk like Top was some 17 year old doing his A-levels and prepping for his gap year backpacking around Australia when Vichai died.

He'd been second in command for eight years, and at a high level in King Power for years too. If he wasn't ready and he's still inexperienced now then I'm not sure when he will be.

You say this, but it's hardly 8 years of hard nose business was it. He's inherited a duty free business, who were gifted a countrywide monopoly by the royal family of that country.

It really doesn't come much more gift wrapped than that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

But we’ve breached it by miles more than Everton or forest. If it’s 6 points, it’ll be 6 for everyone. Then what stops the big six taking that hit if they think that’s the maximum they’ll be hit by? 6 points for other clubs isn’t a great deal. 

Didn’t Everton argue that 10 points was going into administration levels of charges? That’s what an Everton fan has told me, and that’s why they reduced it. So if what he said is true, then unless we’ve had multiple separate breaches, a breach is a breach, and it’s the same deduction regardless? I don’t know how the points are administered, but do the PL just decide based on your level of breach? 

20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Didn’t Everton argue that 10 points was going into administration levels of charges? That’s what an Everton fan has told me, and that’s why they reduced it. So if what he said is true, then unless we’ve had multiple separate breaches, a breach is a breach, and it’s the same deduction regardless? I don’t know how the points are administered, but do the PL just decide based on your level of breach? 

I think if the EPL next season we looking at 6 points, 2 seasons breaches 6 points each.  But the 2nd set I think would be applied the 2nd EPL season unless they add some rule changes to allow cross division charges.

EFL I think depends if they able to charge us for this season alongside next which would then be 12.  This is assuming the penalty isnt some sliding scale based on the size of the breach, otherwise its a mockery that a club breaching but avoiding admin, is losing more points than one that does.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

In terms of punishments, surely if it’s the premier league it will be in line with the rest of the league. 

I imagine us getting legal protection is that we’re defending ourselves from the off, yes we have breached, but the PL can still only punish us proportionately, and not add extra because they want to punish us even more, because legally we could probably stop that. 

So, we could still only end up with 6 points deducted? Surely? 

6 points a given I would say. I am sure EPL would try to load on points based on the legal action / not falling in line but we may be able to get that reduced by the independent commission 

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Surely this is the argument they will take to court.

Punishments not set in stone so it can be made up as you go along. Or whether the said guilty club have pi55ed you off or licked ass.

These rules could have been written better by a 10yr old.

Not hard is it.

£1 to £2m 1pt over.

£2000001 to £5m 2pts over.

And so on. Then everyone would know what they were dealing with.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

You people are mental. Who the hell do you want to own the club and what would you want them to do differently?

Be accountable? 

Heads needed to wobble in the summer and they didn't, so much for the independent enquire behind the scenes. 

If you search Negligence in the Oxford Dictionary, Leicester City Management would be the definition. 

• Like 1

The right time was a year ago, now it's too late

even if we go up, probably there will be a point deduction, we cant buy new players and we have to sell old ones

this was obvious because how bad our owner and top management is, but fans are to scared to say anything bad about so-called top 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think the PL recommend a particular points deduction and then it’s decided by an independent panel, I thought? Could be wrong. 

52 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"Yeah King Power might have lost £200m over three years, got the club relegated with the highest wage bill in history, got fined by the competition and markets authority for price fixing, paid Brendan Rodgers the 5th highest salary of any managers in world football, continue to employ Rudkin, secured our future income against TV money that we currently aren't getting, employ two managers of the women's team that slept with players, got us charged for PSR breaches by the PL, got us under a transfer embargo from the EFL, but just imagine if they WEREN'T the owners!".

Don't gaslight people.

Not forgetting the lack of value they place on fans and the lack of engagements with groups such as UFS. The complete bland look of the ground and the zero interest in trying to show any movement toward safe standing - 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think it's crossroads time, there has been some real negligence around the club. Who takes what proportion of the blame, we'll never know. What we need now is firstly to get to grips with the finances, no matter how painful short term. We simply can't go on making those sorts of losses, and gambling that things will carry on like they generally have done (success on the pitch and finding gems to sell). 

KP need to show their commitment and take on all the loans we have currently.

Write off more debt of thier own.

Invest in top class scouting and youth production for the long term. 

Chucking money about is a one way ticket to more problems, because they are never going to upset the status quo now. We have to try and do it naturally. 

There is no white knight coming in to change hands with them any time soon, so they need to know people aren't happy with how it's going. I don't even mean on the pitch, clubs like us will ALWAYS have ups and downs, there isn't a single club of relative size that's ever sustained it. Just get back to making competent decisions, because at the moment it's looking like Pearson was the only one ever doing so, and we rode those coat tails for a long time. 

Scouting and recruitment are key moving forwards.  We need to invest in these areas and a best of class DofF to lead them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

You people are mental. Who the hell do you want to own the club and what would you want them to do differently?

How can anyone have this opinion, seriously?

'What would you want them to do differently?' lol

If this is you taking the piss then fair play you've got me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saxondale said:

1. Operate within their means

2. Reduce the cost of matchday tickets and merch to sensible prices

3. Build a safe standing area and designate it for singers only - with no restrictions on banners and displays

4. Conduct meaningful discussions with ALL fan groups

5. Allow ALL fan groups identical privileges 

6. Communicate directly to fans in a meaningful, honest and open manner

7. Embrace criticism

8. Stop going on preseason tours of fvcking tropical countries during monsoon season

9. Operate a strict salary cap

10. Shove a coconut up Top, Rudkin and Wheelan’s arses in the centre circle for pre match entertainment on the first game of next season as a condition of sale

11. I have others

They took all the credit for a luck result and none of the responsibility for Risdale Leeds levels of financial and operational ineptitude. I wouldn’t trust them to run a fruit and veg stall. 

I don’t care what level the club operates at - it has completely lost its soul, hates real fans, and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. 

• Like 4

Just as most of you all finally got there years later with Rodgers, one day in the future you’ll know the club should’ve been sold last summer when just a handful of us were saying that should happen. 

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You say this, but it's hardly 8 years of hard nose business was it. He's inherited a duty free business, who were gifted a countrywide monopoly by the royal family of that country.

It really doesn't come much more gift wrapped than that.

It becomes even more gift wrapped when you remember that Bangkok is one of the top five most visited cities in the world. 

Edited by BenTheFox

They took a gamble that didn’t pay off. They thought Rodgers could build and maintain is as a regular European competing club. It very nearly happened.

Had they just decided to not spend any money or show any ambition, you lot would be slating them for that too. In fact most have been slating them for not splashing enough cash.

I love how everybody is pro-financial prudence now.

I’m not saying the current ownership haven’t made mistakes - of course they haven’t - but you lot wouldn’t be happy whoever the owners are. 

The system is rigged to stop us seriously competing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nah, you’re all correct. We should get new owners in. Somebody a bit like Forest’s. Or Blackburn’s. Or Sunderland’s. Or Reading’s. Or Sheff Weds’. Or Cardiff’s. Or Derby’s. Or Everton’s. Or Hull’s. Or Burnley’s. Or Portsmouth’s. Or Wolves’. Or some nice oil bastards, like Man City’s or Newcastle’s. They won’t be able to spend any of that oil money, mind.

• Like 1