Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Final 4 games

All about Saturday, win and pressure is really on Leeds. We have the game in hand to save us if we don't win, so not quite as desperate for us going into the WB game as it is for them going into theirs on Monday. But if we win, it really does tighten the noose around Leeds neck. Qué Enzo stating 'its just another game for us'.

Update

1. Ipswich P 43 GD 32 Pts 89

2. Leicester P 42 GD 41 Pts 88
2. Leeds P 43 GD 42 Pts 87
4. Saints P 42 GD 30 Pts 84

RUN-IN SEQUENCE (league position of opponent / what they are likely to be playing for)

1) Sat 20th April
12.30 Leicester v West Brom (5th / almost guaranteed play offs)
15:00 Cardiff (11th / nothing) v Saints
Mon 22nd
20:00 Boro (9th / possibly nothing, very outside chance of play offs) v Leeds

2) Tues 23rd April
20:00 Leicester v Southampton

3) Fri 26th
20:00 QPR (19th / survival  ) v Leeds
Sat 27th April
15:00 Saints v Stoke (20th / survival)
20:00 Hull (7th / outside chance of playoffs) v Ipswich
Mon 29th
20:00 PNE (10th/ possibly nothing, very outside chance of play offs) v Leicester

4) Tues 30th April
20:00 Coventry (8th / possibly nothing, outside chance of play offs) v Ipswich

5) Sat 4th May
12.30 Ipswich v Huddersfield (22nd / relegation)
12.30 Leeds v Southampton 
12.30 Leicester v Blackburn (17th / possibly nothing, almost safe from relegation)

In non top 4 fixtures we probably want Norwich to go on honking form to give Cov, Hull and a lesser extent Boro something to play for before they face Ipswich / Leeds. Cov and Hull play each other before they before play Ipswich, it will almost definitely mean one if not both won't have anything to play for ahead of Ipswich.

Of course Ipswich and Leeds dropped points against teams with nothing to play for when they drop points recently so who the fvck knows?

Edited by Nalis

Super nervous for the run in.

I'm so glass half full I think we'll lose Saturday, or if we win we'll then shit the bed in 2 of the next 3 at least.

Leeds result is infuriating - firstly, I hate them, but if we had won we could have got away with a win and a draw from these 4 I reckon

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Drop Faes.

Start Nacho and one of the other strikers.

Have Albrighton on the bench at least so we can have decent crosses into the box or some of those early long balls when we need to mix things up.

He’s not going to start two strikers. It’s pointless wishing for it because it’s just not going to happen. He will drop Daka and probably replace him with Vardy. Cannon might see some minutes from the bench. 

I’d very much like him to drop Faes but I’m sceptical he’ll do it as he seems to have a mortal terror of pairing Vestergaard and Coady. Maybe he’ll spring a surprise here, but I’m not confident of it. 

And we’ll win, by the way.

Edited by ClaphamFox

Think I'm right in saying that in 2020, we'd been in the Top 4 all season and United hadn't been it once. They beat us on the final day, so they finished 4th and we finished 5th. Can see a similar scenario happening this season, where we've been in the Top 2 pretty much all season but Southampton sneak into that second spot at the last minute. That would be very Leicester City.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2024 at 19:08, squidsworth said:

All about Saturday, win and pressure is really on Leeds. We have the game in hand to save us if we don't win, so not quite as desperate for us going into the WB game as it is for them going into theirs on Monday. But if we win, it really does tighten the noose around Leeds neck. Qué Enzo stating 'its just another game for us'.

It is. I've never had a problem with that attitude. If we'd beat Leeds but lost to Stoke the 3 pts would have been just the same. Leeds knuckle draggers were trying to build up the anti-Enzo thing like they did with Lampard and Derby because they love creating that rivalry. If he says it's a massive game all the talk afterwards is about us losing a massive game.

20 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Fourth year out of five that its 'been in our hands' going into the last four games!

We've bottled the other times - can only see another bottle job this year.

No backbone.

Not looking forward to the play-offs.

Look forward to automatic promotion instead 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

If we do end up getting promoted as title winners does that mean we do have some bottle, and haven't actually bottled it? 

No doubt there will be people playing it down because of the lead we let slip rather than just enjoying it first

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If we do end up getting promoted as title winners does that mean we do have some bottle, and haven't actually bottled it? 

We talked about losing points, but we are still 4 points ahead of Leeds and 7 ahead of Southampton. Mad when you think about it.

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yes because if we genuinely let it go from here, that is shit the bed stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Yes because if we genuinely let it go from here, that is shit the bed stuff. 

That's not what the question was! 

Loads were calling us bottle-jobs, lack mentality, don't have it in us, blown it after the Millwall and Plymouth games. 

As bad as those games were, if we get promoted, will such fans come back and say we're not bottlers, do have the mentality needed etc... 

Just now, StanSP said:

That's not what the question was! 

Loads were calling us bottle-jobs, lack mentality, don't have it in us, blown it after the Millwall and Plymouth games. 

As bad as those games were, if we get promoted, will such fans come back and say we're not bottlers, do have the mentality needed etc... 

yeah I think if we go on and win the league from here, you can say we have shown some bottle. But I still think there is a fragility throughout the club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

yeah I think if we go on and win the league from here, you can say we have shown some bottle. But I still think there is a fragility throughout the club. 

Agreed. Starts from the top... 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think it would be credit where credit is due

Update

1. Leicester P 43 GD 42 Pts 91

2. Leeds P44 GD 43 Pts 90

3. Ipswich P43 GD 32 Pts 89
4. Saints P 43 GD 29 Pts 84

RUN-IN SEQUENCE (league position of opponent / what they are likely to be playing for)

1) Tues 23rd April
20:00 Leicester v Southampton

2) Fri 26th
20:00 QPR (19th / very outside chance of relegation) v Leeds
Sat 27th April
15:00 Saints v Stoke (17th / very outside chance of relegation)
20:00 Hull (7th / outside chance of playoffs) v Ipswich
Mon 29th
20:00 PNE (10th/ nothing) v Leicester

3) Tues 30th April
20:00 Coventry (8th / possibly nothing, outside chance of play offs) v Ipswich

4) Sat 4th May
12.30 Ipswich v Huddersfield (23rd/  relegation)
12.30 Leeds v Southampton 
12.30 Leicester v Blackburn (19th / outside chance of relegation)

In non top 4 fixtures Cov and Hull play each other before they before play Ipswich, it will almost definitely mean one if not both won't have anything to play for ahead of Ipswich.

We'd also want Huddersfield to beat Birmingham to give the terriers a chance of staying up and some confidence ahead of their final game away to Ipswich.