Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Final 4 games

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Anyone seriously see where the next points are coming from?

Nope. If we can't beat teams like Plymouth or Millwall and they have found a way to beat us, then these teams will be able to exploit our weaknesses even more. 

Even 3pts yesterday would have put us in good position, but now...meh. 

Leeds aren't going to fail to win in 3, Ipswich are the bouncy back kings so by the end of today, we'll be 3rd and even Southampton would be closer. 

I feel so deflated and disheartened by this club now. We've lost our soul. It fells like we're an empty box. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

We have to remember that we, all of FoxesTalk, get so coloured by the last result we just can’t see the bigger picture. After we beat Birmingham it will be all roses again. Believe! - even when you don’t believe! 

It’s true, but this recent form is testing even the most wilfully positive of us I fear. Come on you foxes:scarf: 

Shamelessly taken from an Ipswich forum, not that I'm holding much faith anymore....

1. Leicester P 42 GD 41 Pts 88
2. Ipswich P 42 GD 32 Pts 88
3. Leeds P 42 GD 43 Pts 87
4. Saints P 40 GD 26 Pts 78

RUN-IN SEQUENCE (league position of opponent)

1) Sat 13th April
12:30 Leeds v Blackburn (18th)
15:00 Ipswich v Boro (9th)
15:00 Saints v Watford (14th)

2) Tues 16th April
20:00 Saints v PNE (8th)

3) Sat 20th April
12.30 Leicester v West Brom (5th)
15:00 Cardiff (11th) v Saints
Mon 22nd
20:00 Boro (9th) v Leeds

4) Tues 23rd April
20:00 Leicester v Southampton (4th)

5) Fri 26th
20:00 QPR (16th) v Leeds
Sat 27th April
15:00 Saints v Stoke (20th)
20:00 Hull (10th) v Ipswich
Mon 29th
20:00 PNE (8th) v Leicester

6) Tues 30th April
20:00 Coventry (7th) v Ipswich

7) Sat 4th May
12.30 Ipswich v Huddersfield (21st)
12.30 Leeds v Southampton (4th)
12.30 Leicester v Blackburn (18th)

Edited by Nalis

As I see it, one of two things have got to happen in order for us to go up. 

1. Enzo realises himself that his philosophy at the moment isn’t working, and it’s causing us more problems than it is solving. He has got to recognise that he has to change things to benefit the team. He’s got to realise himself that things have to change….. but he won’t. 

2. They sack the manager after consulting with Cooper to see if he wants the job, and get him in for the rest of the season.

The facts are Enzo hasn’t got a clue what he is doing. I know a lot of people will be quick to jump to defend him and blame the players, but, it’s his job to set the team up, his job to inspire them, his job to make them implement his philosophy. He is clearly failing to do this. 

The performances, the set up it’s all indefensible, if we were at the bottom of the table he would be gone (which incidentally we are in terms of form)….. 

The owners will ultimately gamble on the play offs, and it will inevitably all go horrible wrong. 

The writing is in the wall, and those who think it’s still in our hands are just clinging onto blind hope that it will somehow turn around. Form like this doesn’t change unless something drastic happens, because it’s not poor form, it’s a complete crisis. 

Most of us jokingly said we would lose yesterday, by one goal…… and we did…… the pattern is mind blowing, any team with an ounce of fight about them beats us, and it’s as simple as that. We’ve now got four games against four teams all with the ability to fight. 

With Enzo at the helm, we are not picking up another point all season. Yet again we’ve allowed a situation to fester into something toxic and yet again we as fans will have to pay the ultimate price for it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Trying to look at it optimistically and even then it's a draw v Baggies, somehow beating Southampton which would be so us following by defeat away to Preston and a win in vain against Blackburn. 7 points (and that's optimistic) which won't be enough.

Think Ipswich will get at least 8 from their run and Leeds will get at least 9.

Edited by Nalis

Perhaps another entitled post but should we go and still get promoted, would anyone actually enjoy it, be proud?

I think there would be a unanimous sense of relief but enjoyment and hand on heart being proud, I think I'd struggle to resonate with the latter of those feelings with how this season has transpired.

• Like 4

The WBA, Soton and Preston games are nailed on losses, by the time we play Blackburn top two will be gone, but even if it wasn't and all we needed was a point, our eggshell players and one dimensional manager would lose.

This is not a blip, its another LCFC capitulation, facilitated by a clueless owner and useless board who decided to employ an unproven and tactics free fool.

I'm not losing faith, it's long gone.

Just now, Matt said:

Perhaps another entitled post but should we go and still get promoted, would anyone actually enjoy it, be proud?

It'd be mild relief and somewhat questioning how we've actually done it. 

Part of me sees similarities of when we just about got into the playoffs by beating Forest on the final day of the season. 

First half of season very good, got to where we need to be. Then fvcked it from Jan/Feb onward. Last 18 games we only won 3.

Maybe we're messing things up so badly, we just need to win 3-2 on the final day and we sneak up into autos. 

And weirdly enough that season ended on 4th May too. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think there would be a unanimous sense of relief but enjoyment and hand on heart being proud, I think I'd struggle to resonate with the latter of those feelings with how this season has transpired.

I was thinking this a moment ago. I'm be happy but mostly relieved, I don't think I'd have that jubilation I thought I would have if you told me we'll get promoted after a couple of games this season.

Just now, teblin said:

I always try to be positive but I’m struggling now. That said the WBA games and Southampton are different to the last 2. May be slightly more open. 

More chaotic the game the better I feel, but Enzo doesn’t like that. 

• Like 1