Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Middlesbrough v Leeds

One thing you can say about Leeds is at least they aren't going to die wondering 'what if'. They have gone all out to try and bury Boro and will keep going. We are the exact opposite and are playing it safe. We need to have a proper go at Southampton and try and take advantage of being at home...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah I'm sorry that's ****ing woeful officiating. That shouldn't need VAR. It looked offside in real time from nowhere near a linesmans angle. Total ineptness.

If anything that is easy to give as offside, even if marginally on as the players are moving in opposite directions and you tend to look more offside than you are.... poor.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah I'm sorry that's ****ing woeful officiating. That shouldn't need VAR. It looked offside in real time from nowhere near a linesmans angle. Total ineptness.

Totally. Amateur stuff from the linesman. The boro defenders had clearly moved up and left bamford and gnonto off. You would be disappointed if that wasn’t spotted in a Sunday league match. 

I'm genuinely astounded by anyone's argument against VAR being that that goal "shouldn't need VAR."

You literally just watched it happen - as you did like, probably ten million times before VAR?

For what it's worth, I agree VAR should work with a proper benefit of the doubt rule. They should watch it maybe twice at something like half speed with a max of like 30 seconds to make a decision and if you can't in that time you just give the goal. If you're having to draw lines on the pitch to work out if a pixel of a toe is off or onside then I agree, benefit of the doubt should go to the striker.

But shit like this? It takes one re-watch at half speed and a brief pause to see he's blatantly a country mile off just as it took one re-watch earlier in the year to see Daka was onside because a defender kicked it backwards. This shit is easy to clear up in seconds.

Before VAR, an absurd amount of goals by the likes of Mo Salah and Harry Kane were literally five or six meters offside with linesmen just asleep at the wheel. You all act like this is just a freak one off that shouldn't happen but this does all the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think a win for Leeds is worse for Ipswich than it is us. Nothing changes for us, we’ve got three home games, we need to take care of business ourselves. 

We've not got three home games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Every single person that kicked a football for more than 2h in his life can spot this offside with a naked eye in real time without having to be in the perfect position and angle. You don't even have to take into account when the pass was made. The linesman had already made the decision to let something like this happen pre game. 

1 minute ago, lcfcdamo said:

Leeds win here and we need to win tomorrow because of we draw tomorrow and say draw against Preston leeds could overtake us before the last game

We just need to focus on ourselves. We’ve beaten all of these teams we’re playing over the next few games. Beat them all again and we’re done and dusted. 

FWIW, in case I sound salty, we got unbelievably spawny against WBA they should have scored about 10. Can't bemoan Leeds a bit of luck.

But Christ I feel we handed them the four leaf clover after full time at the weekend.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

FWIW, in case I sound salty, we got unbelievably spawny against WBA they should have scored about 10. Can't bemoan Leeds a bit of luck.

But Christ I feel we handed them the four leaf clover after full time at the weekend.

a bit of luck? excuse me you do remember bamford score a goal with his arm? we've had very little luck compared to Leeds and Ipswich this season

id say that WBA was our first for the season

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Luck? Been lucky because the opposition misses chances is different to shocking officiating. I can't understand your point here.